On my arrival I wasn't impressed with the room size. I asked for it to be changed the next day and on being informed that there was no room available, I wanted to check out early. They would not give me a refund for the remaining days, which meant staying for the duration even though I booked months in advance and there was no mention of non-refund.
Anyway, first night of stay was atrocious. Booked a non smoking room but could smell cigarette smoke. There was music well into the night so had a terrible time sleeping. This was on and off throughout my stay. The area isn't all that and nothing great. The hotel needs updating and maintaining. The shower always floods and the breakfast is bland and very little choice. There is NO FREE SHUTTLE BUS to the beach (was mentioned on trip advisor). Apparently they only ran this service last year. I never ate lunch or dinner at the restaurant as the menu didn't look appetising and also very expensive compared to restaurants outside the hotel.
Here are the positives. Marika, the guest relations manager tried her best to accommodate us. She made some changes and requests on our behalf, which I won't mention as they may not be able to accommodate all. Without her intervention I think I would have been absolutely miserable and would advise people to stay away as you can get better and cheaper places in the old city (KALE ICI).
The staff generally are friendly and accommodating and Fatih the porter was extremely helpful and got us to the airport on time on our last day. Good guy to talk too and very informative of the area and some other places in Turkey.
Although they don't have a pool, they are building a diving area which should be ready for the summer season and improve the hotels standing. The gym isn't that great but there is a jogging track outside the hotel and workout areas every few hundred meters.
Also, a quick mention in regards to the spa facilities. They are clean and the staff are friendly and good at what they do. Although the prices are quite high.
Here are my suggestions to improve the hotel based on my past experience.
1. Improve your breakfast option and dinner menu. We usually ate at Robert's Coffee and Extra Blhatt. Also, big chef and a few others close by.
2. Buy 2 minibuses so you can provide a free shuttle service for guests twice daily to and from the old city. I think guests would appreciate this a lot.
3. (if possible) Buy out the noisy hotel next door create bigger rooms, better facilities banqueting area.
4. The hotel needs a pool room/bar, some entertainment, atm machines and shop. ING Direct seem to give the correct rate.
5. General services such as laundry is too expensive. I did all my laundry at the local laundrette for less the 20 euros.
6. Maintain the décor and general maintenance as some areas were damaged or wallpaper peeling off or areas needing a lick of paint.
7. Please allow guests to bring snacks but make them aware that they are responsible for there own mess. Sometimes guests might want popcorn or ice cream, certain foods the hotel doesn't provide. I don't like this no food policy and I have stayed in 4 star hotels in the UAE and have never been stopped.
If most of the above policies are applied and standards maintained, I think La Boutique will be one of the better places to stay in the area and you won't receive negative comments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Boutique is located in Lara region within walking distance from city's popular shopping centers, cafes and bistros. Our luxury boutique hotel with 62 perfectly decorated rooms and suites is situated on the cliffs of Antalya with magnificent views of the Mediterranean and Taurus mountains and welcoming our precious guests who are looking for first class tailor-made service. We are waiting for you to feel high standarts of La Boutique, to enjoy selective world cuisine and elegant decor of the "Massimo Bar & Restaurant" and to indulge in the Turkish bath and SPA centre to relieve daily tiredness and stress. You are invited to experience this quality. ( Blanch Beach (The Platform beach) is open from May to October . Opening and closing dates may vary acoording to the wheather conditions.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Boutique Hotel Antalya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.