“How come this is rated number 2?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara

Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara
Ranked #17 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
Marmaris
“How come this is rated number 2?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We decided to go to Lara Beach for the new year break. We have done this several times before at different hotels and so were guided by tripadvisor. The number 1 hotel was not available so we booked for 5 nights at the number 2 the Delphin Impeial.
The hotel is really grand and after some discussion we were given a room that we had booked with a sea view, be warned they offer a side/seaview and due to the shape of the hotel you may have to lean out of your balcony to get a sea view in some of their rooms!
The main problem for us with this hotel was the quality of the bars and the quality of the food. The bars dispensed poor quality cocktails and lacked any atmosphere.
The buffet restaurant which we used 2 nights out of 5, the dishes were very Germanic. The Chinese a la carte restaurant was without a doubt the worst chinese food I have had anywhere in the world. The Italian alacarte was good.
The Gala New Years Eve dinner ,for which we were taken to the sister hotel next door which had a ballroom especially opened up for this function, up until the main course the food was really good, however the main course was grossly overcooked an uneatable.
We assumed that when we booked the room, we would automatically be booked for the Gala dinner. This was not the case. There was no information availale about the special booking required for the Gala night and when we discovered this we were told it was not possible as it was full and it took us two days of dealing with Guest services to get a booking at an extra cost of 50 euros each. I thought That Guest Services handling of this situation was appalling.
All in all although we had a good time ti was generally not satisfactory.
Also, would like to point out to other Brits that although there were over 2000 guests at the hotel we were the only two Brits there
I fail to see how this can be ranked number 2 in Antalya, we have stayed at 4 other 5 star all inclusives here and this is without a doubt the worst of them.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify sea view and not side/seaview otherwise you will be fobbed off with an inferio...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank ChrisandTitch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed at this resort in May 2013 . Totally wowed by the interiors and quality of furnishing. Rooms are huge and well furnished . Big shower cubicle .
Got great rates online through the hotel website.
Lot of variety of food, but taste could be improved.
Great service for drinks around the pool side. Room service is free after all the restaurants close down at night. Surely nobody sleeps hungry even if they miss dinner !!!
Kids had a great time in the evenings in the small play park inside the hotel premises. They provided candy floss and popcorn for free !!!
Posting a late review as we are considering to go back again May this year . Hope it is as good as it was last year !!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank holiday12366
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Very disappointed this time, in short if the hotel is full staff wont have time for you and if you have a food allergy forget it. It seems that guest services are too busy to reply to individual emails/complaints and spend more time trawling websites for reviews so here is mine and maybe after 6 months I may get a response!

3 star service in a 5 star building basically sums up my review and I really don't think that Thomas Cook should be advertising this in their Ultimate Luxury Brochure

Dear guest services

I would like to draw your attention to the following review that I am
about to post on trip advisor but since we have stayed with Delphin so
many times I would like to give you the opportunity to comment before
I post this. I have to say that after staying at the Delphn for 4
years I was very very disappointed this time! I look forward to your
comments shortly as my friends have also asked my opinions and I
would like to give them an honest one!

Traveled in August 2013 for 10 days with 2 kids (age 2 & 6).

We have stayed with the Delphin group for 4 years, twice at the palace
and twice at the Imperial. After a great experience last year at the
Imperial we decided to book there again this year and regretted it!
Last year the hotel was new and not very full, staff were very
accommodating and attentive. This year could not have been more
different. It was really busy everywhere all the time. The waiters
are too busy clearing tables quickly and as previous reviews have
mentioned there was broken glass almost every meal time, some of which
flew past my 2 year olds head!

Guest services team is too small to manage to accommodate all the
guests to a decent level. They are only open every 2 hours, no
messages are passed between the team members so you have to repeat
yourself or get told the person you were dealing with is busy so come
back later!!! I have worked in the service industry and would never
have sent a guest away with such a response and not even bother with a follow up.
This gets very annoying when all the kids want to do is go swimming to
wait around for a member of guest services to speak to you. When they
finally do speak to you they constantly answer calls or have to run
off to sort out something elsewhere in the hotel and tel you to wait
for them to come back!

In the main and lunch buffet the food labeling is dreadful, there is
no information on the cards as to what is actually in the food, ie
Meat with potatoes but you have to find someone to ask them what meat
it is!
If you have food allergies you don't have a chance,!!, Every meal time
you will have to go through the rigmarole of finding a chef that
speaks English to walk you through the entire buffet to tell you what
you can and can't eat and absolutely nothing will be made differently
for you. If you dine outside at lunch the waiters don't have a clue!

All they need to do is add allergy information to the food labels
(which i did suggest during my stay!!) I have stayed at 3 star places
that have better labeling and try harder to accommodate allergies.
EVERYONE we spoke to from the UK was disappointed with the food!

At the Imperial we were given a lovely room on the second floor
however this was by an ice machine which is used constantly! even at 3am! The room was also near the lifts and most guests would not be considerate enough to respect a do not disturb sign at 2am! as well as the noise
from the bar late into the night. We asked to move but there was nothing
else available that was as big. I appreciate they gave us a nice room
but no consideration into how this could affect the kids.

Having made my gripe about the food the rest of the holiday was good.
The kids loved the mini water slides that are aimed at kids under 10
and not very confident swimmers. There is also a much bigger slide
pool that older kids and adults love but it is very hard to find the
rubber rings you need to go down the slide, you have to hover around and wait for someone to finish with theirs!

I would best describe this hotel as 3 star service in a 5 star
building and it would take a lot for me to stay there again without
any major changes!!!!
Have joined a forum to research more allergy friendly hotels in Antalya and got a load of recommendations from other guests at the Imperial who like us would not stay there again and like us have been going to Delphin multiple times. Should have stuck with the Palace

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank MKL2014
Essex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

First check in day was very terrible. I came to the hotel around 11.00pm . The reception staff could not find my reservation. I originally booked for delphin diva but because it got shut down during my holiday period delphin sent a request through to my travel agency to change it to delphin imperial . This was done months before travelling and all confirmed in paper. When I arrived at the reception they could not find any booking. I had three children with me and they were extremely tired from travelling. The rude staff told me to go to delphin palace which is an older hotel and cheaper because they do not have any family room booked for me. I gave them copy of my booking vouchers and detailed information about my booking. The reception staff kept part of my booking papers and told me that it does not show on their system. After a heated conversation the reception staff called reservation team and upgraded to two bed connection room. They did not look happy. They never gave me any information about the facilities or never gave any hand bands which is required for security purpose. In the morning I went to the reception and spoke to a manager who got one of his reception Clark to go through everything. It was marina who was the only reception staff who spoke nicely. They were staff at the reception who could not speak English and it was very difficult to communicate.
The only good thing about the hotel was the deco and food.

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank Husnahoque
CRMDelphinhotels, Manager at Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Husnahoque;

We thank you for takin your time to share your feedbacks with us, not only the positive ones also the negative feedbacks are also very valuabe to us to see what should be better done. We would like to apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience you did experienced on your stay.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to our resort in the future and provide us an opportunity to restore your faith back to our hotel.

Ziezmariai, Lithuania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I cannot think of anything that was not right during our 1-week stay. Everything was just perfect. Plenty of healthy food, extremely friendly staff and guests, super gym, wonderful pools, great service and best animation!

Room Tip: If you need anything - just ask at reception or guest relations office! We had a reservation for &qu...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rimantas P
Dear Rimantas P;

We thank you for taking your time to share your very valuable feedbacks with us. We very happy to learn that you had an excellent stay in our resort. and we are looking forward to hosting you again.

Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We spent 11 nights in Delphin Imperial in end May 2013. Best family holiday i have been on. We went to Sensatori in Tennerrife the year before , and thought that would be hard to beat but this does it. We travelled with 2 kids aged 4 years and 6 months.

Interior Design - Breathtaking hotel . Very clean. Rooms very plush and spacious. Daily Stocked mini bar. We were upgraded to a large superior room.

For KIds - 2 kiddies pool next to each other. 1 with 3 slides ideal for a my 4 year old . Bit scared intiatlly but then couldnt stop her sliding away. The splash pool was great too especially for the tots and they are right next to the kids club and play area. Mini disco was brilliant too. Theme Park was a nice touch . Shame it only opens for a brief time and half to rush with dinner to get there. There is also indoor games and cinema etc , however we didnt go there as too much happening outside.

Entertainment - Good . Not as good as Sensatori but still entertaining . would have been nice to have some more live music and piano playing. Mini Waterpark for adults to . Foam Party and fireworks were a nice touch.

Food and Drink - The massive buffet restaurant is very impressive . Plenty of variety of food . But as with most buffets , we get a bit tired eating at the same place all the time. The snack food during the day was awesome. Water melon, KFC chicken , donner kebab , pizza , golezeme ( turkish stuffed prathas) , chicken rice , fresh fruit. Also had an outside area for lunch which served awesome strawberries and cream. They had 7 a la cartes . We managed to go to 4 of these. Turkish was the best . The food there was suprisingly different from the Buffet resteraunt . Far tastier. Mexcican was very good too . italian and Chinese were decent and a welcome change from the buffet restaurant. Endless supply of drinks. International brands generally only at main hotel bar. Girls on skates got drinks quickly.

Shopping - Nice shops in mall nearby selling excellent quality stuff.

Would we go back -- Dont usually go back to to the same hotel but will go back back to this one for sure. It was brilliant !! possibly in summer 2014. My only concern is ive heard that they now only allow you to visit one a la carte now ?! I hope this is not the case as this is one of the features which makes the hotel special.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank beechspecialist
CRMDelphinhotels, Manager at Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Rickybawa;

We appreciate your comments abour your recent stay on tripadvisor. We are very happy to learn that you had a good time with your whole family, and you would come back soon. It is a pleasure to read about how the colleagues and resort exceeded your expectations.

Once again many thanks for your great comments and we will be very glad to welcome you again.

inverclyde
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We went to imperial this year after being at the palace last year, we were with daughter sin in law and grandsons,my sister and brother in law also went as they were celebrating their silver wedding . We all had a great time .the food was excellent as well as the assortment of drink. The boys were well catered for.they had went to the slides,the kids club and also went to the kids entertainment at night. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CRMDelphinhotels, Manager at Delphin Imperial Hotel Lara, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Norma42,

We thank you for your great review on tripadvisor, it is excellent to know that you had a great stay in our resort. We are delighted to see that you were generally pleased and satisfied with our facilities and services and have, indeed, enjoyed your stay.
We would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort and we would be grateful if you could contact us directly in the future as we would be more than delighted to make sure your next stay with us in Delphin Hotels.