“Very efficient and trust worthy”

Rixos Downtown Antalya
Ranked #12 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
“Very efficient and trust worthy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I left our passports, travel documents, travel documents, credit cards and cash in the bedside table before departing on a tour. The hotel very carefully couriered all my belongings safely to me in Cappadocia in a matter of a day or two. I was very grateful at their efficiency, and honesty. Whilst staying there, my husband ,son and I enjoyed a relaxing and comfortable stay. We enjoyed a huge variety in both our breakfasts and dinner buffets, and found the staff very friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed nice, beautifully decorated, and luxuriously comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Marina M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Beirut, Lebanon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel based on the good reviews on TripAdvisor, but couldn't continue 1 night! The air conditions were not functioning, worn out towels, terrible stinky smell in the rooms. When we asked the concierge to book for us in a restaurant, she replied:"go dial from ur room!"so I had to call from my cell phone and give her the phone to call because I can't talk turkish! Then she accepted to call from her desk! The beach is not in the resort!After our complaints, the relationship manager offered us another room, but it was terribly the same! One good thing which I can't but mention, the staff were delicate enough to refund my remaining 3 nights and I left the hotel on the spot! Definitely not a 5 stars hotel, management should renovate it, we tried Rixos in bodrum before and we thought the chain should hold same standards but they don't!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Nada R
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I cannot agree with several comments, it seems like we haven't stayed at the same hotel. Rooms are ok, nothing more, absolutely not worth 5stars. Renovation was concentreted on the hall and lobby, not rooms. Beach is too far from the hotel so you are dependent on shuttle bus that drives once every hour. Service is bad. I stayed there with my wife for a week. To order lunch or dinner was "fun" because you were introduced to at least 5 waiters and you never get exactly what you ordered. Exp1: I wanted to finish my lunch with an espresso, so I ordered with the waiter, and after 20 mins I tried again because nothing happened. The second waiter took my order and disappeared for 15 mins. So third waiter comes to tell me that coffemachine was broken. Exp 2: day 3 we were to have pizza for lunch(this is a different restaurant in the hotel). I ordered a beer as well and after waiting 20 mins to get beer and several reminders, we were told that pizza-machine was broken. Also it took more than 30 mins to find out that pizza machine was broken. In both examples there was three tables occupied in the restaurants. English was poorly spoken to be a luxury hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Semir K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I had two rooms for 3 nights as i was visiting with my family. Really enjoyed the stay, the hotel felt like a resort and it was also 5 min drive to old town and malls. One could enjoy the beach, park and also enjoy the town. Great breakfast, service, rooms and awesome view of the beach from the rooms. Highly recommended!!!!!

Room Tip: "Rooms facing the beach directly have a better view"
2 Thank Ahmad G
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We arrived very late at night and our reservation for two connecting rooms could not be met... We were travelling with young children, and it meant my wife and I split up - one with each child.

The staff went out of its way to satisfy our reservation the very next morning, moving us to not only connecting rooms, but ones with a breathtaking veranda!

Of particular note, the courtesy and kindness of Hazel (client relations) and Mustapha (Front Desk Sup).

Everything else about the hotel was fine.

Negative points? A/C is on the noisy side, and weak. Most staff speak only Turkish, but I'm nitpicking... And if you don't love cats, and I do mean LOVE, avoid Antalya in general...

Room Tip: Higher floors and sea view... It is stupendous...
Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at Rixos Downtown in Antalya for a whole week with the kids and all I can say that I have never experienced service as bad as this. Not only they don't speak one word of English in a so called luxury hotel, the waiters and employees were all rude and impolite. The food was bad and the plates were stinking. The only good thing about this hotel is the gym. I wouldn't advise anyone to stay at Rixos downtown.

5 Thank Nina K
Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

It is a valuable place where u can spend all ur time, not too far from old town Marina, good communication , friendly staff despite their weakness in English; Miss Hazal is a treasure to Rixos Downtown, she interacts with guests with her smile; the \hotel is not so far from \aquarium Antalya, Mini City, Dolphin Land, Aqua Land, Aktur Park, Museum and nights bars at Beach Antalya

4 Thank Claude N