“Really not worth 5stars service terrible”

Rixos Downtown Antalya
Ranked #14 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I expected so much better from the Rixos Downtown
The goods
Pool area is excellent
Wifi was really good on the lower levels had friends in the higher levels said it was hard to pick up
Breakfast was excellent
The bads
Staff are rude if you only speak English
Booked a room with a king bed arrived 2 a twin room only booked for 1 person arrived late so thought I would sort in the morning went down told them can they change to a king said they will sort came back to the beds pushed together still with single sheets & blankets
Ordered drinks at the pool bar had to wait 25minutes for the first drinks & was told sorry we have no lime after drinks arrived
Beach you have to catch a shuttle bus to get there no bar no staff just old umbrellas with plastic chairs & a pile of towels on a chair ended up going to the best western beach next door & had drinks & some food
Best staff I meet where the porters
My room was very aged & was missing a door handle on the cupboard

This hotel maybe was awesome 10 years ago but not what I expected for the money you pay plenty more better ones right on the beach

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kevin C

Reviewed 18 August 2014

1. Check-in was quick and professional
2. Rooms need renovation
3. Free Internet unbelievable slow and now difference if buy high-speed package (waste of money)
4. Breakfast is good if you come earlier, that guarantees that you will spend it in quiet and nice atmosphere
5. Dinner average and there were so much noise
6. Pool is good, but waters needs regular cleaning from long hairs, nobody wears swimming cap and taking shower before entering to the water
7. Beach is far, but shuttle bus is available and if you miss last one, you are in trouble, because it need to walk couple of kilometers to reach you hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in this hotel 2 times in Sea View Rooms and it was acceptable.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very nice hotel enjoyable on all aspect - it is quiet, relaxing, clean, staff is really nice and helpful....nothing against this hotel, probably one of my best experience in a hotel so far.
one tip : When booking, make sure you tick 2 persons in the room if you are 2.... it might cost you money otherwise.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are outstanding
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I searched for a new hotel and i found Rixos downtown hotel. It is a valuable place where u can spend all ur time.I realized that the turkish peshtemal towels are really good in the hotel.
I recommended to my friends the hotel and the peshtemal towels which bought from Antalya. We found those Peshtemal Towels in an online store also and my friends bought some various models (http://www.myturkishmarket.com/cotton-peshtemals/)
When I go Rixos downtown hotel again, I'll drink turkish coffee this time.
Thank you Rixos. Thank you Antalya,Turkey.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SharonMcfield
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I left our passports, travel documents, travel documents, credit cards and cash in the bedside table before departing on a tour. The hotel very carefully couriered all my belongings safely to me in Cappadocia in a matter of a day or two. I was very grateful at their efficiency, and honesty. Whilst staying there, my husband ,son and I enjoyed a relaxing and comfortable stay. We enjoyed a huge variety in both our breakfasts and dinner buffets, and found the staff very friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed nice, beautifully decorated, and luxuriously comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Marina M
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel based on the good reviews on TripAdvisor, but couldn't continue 1 night! The air conditions were not functioning, worn out towels, terrible stinky smell in the rooms. When we asked the concierge to book for us in a restaurant, she replied:"go dial from ur room!"so I had to call from my cell phone and give her the phone to call because I can't talk turkish! Then she accepted to call from her desk! The beach is not in the resort!After our complaints, the relationship manager offered us another room, but it was terribly the same! One good thing which I can't but mention, the staff were delicate enough to refund my remaining 3 nights and I left the hotel on the spot! Definitely not a 5 stars hotel, management should renovate it, we tried Rixos in bodrum before and we thought the chain should hold same standards but they don't!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Nada R
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I cannot agree with several comments, it seems like we haven't stayed at the same hotel. Rooms are ok, nothing more, absolutely not worth 5stars. Renovation was concentreted on the hall and lobby, not rooms. Beach is too far from the hotel so you are dependent on shuttle bus that drives once every hour. Service is bad. I stayed there with my wife for a week. To order lunch or dinner was "fun" because you were introduced to at least 5 waiters and you never get exactly what you ordered. Exp1: I wanted to finish my lunch with an espresso, so I ordered with the waiter, and after 20 mins I tried again because nothing happened. The second waiter took my order and disappeared for 15 mins. So third waiter comes to tell me that coffemachine was broken. Exp 2: day 3 we were to have pizza for lunch(this is a different restaurant in the hotel). I ordered a beer as well and after waiting 20 mins to get beer and several reminders, we were told that pizza-machine was broken. Also it took more than 30 mins to find out that pizza machine was broken. In both examples there was three tables occupied in the restaurants. English was poorly spoken to be a luxury hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple