“Mediocre Hotel”

Best Western Plus Khan Hotel
Ranked #48 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I spent four nights at Best Western Plus Khan Hotel, Antalya, Turkey in August, 2014.
The hotel is centrally located in Antalya, close to the old city, the metro and most attractions.
It is a clean hotel except for the disgusting experience we had during our stay, and which made me change my mind when it comes to rating it.
One early evening we returned to the hotel from a trip and found a condom on the floor of our room. I instantly informed the receptionist, who, brazenly tried to put the blame on me. However, when I insisted that I should speak to the manager, she reluctantly transferred me to the restaurant manager, who apologized profusely and offered us a fruit platter, three bottles of water and plenty of coffee and tea bags, in order to mitigate my anger and disgruntlement. He would greet me warmly and inquired about me whenever he met me then after. Strangely, the following day, the bribe disappeared and so did the warm attention I was engulfed in.
The staff speaks very little English, which made communication very hard. I am surprised how in a touristic country such as Turkey, where people are very used to tourists, only a few people speak English, and many Turks are even rude and treat people condescendingly when asked for help or direction.
Breakfast was below expectations, and one had to finish it hurriedly so as to escape the heat, for the air conditioner was not a single day on in the restaurant and lobby during our whole stay at this time of year, when temperature and humidity are very high. The big fans which were used were not enough, and the air conditioner was not turned on despite the customers’ numerous repeated requests, as it was uncomfortably hot in most of the hotel premises.
The in-room Wifi was very slow, and to browse the internet, you have to go to the lobby and bear the uncomfortable heat.
Overall, the hotel is appropriate for those who want to explore Antalya’s city life, the old city and go shopping. We chose this hotel for its location and used it as a springboard for our trips to the various attractions.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Having just come home from a wonderful 6 night stay in this perfectly situated hotel, I cannot recommend it enough! The location was well-suited to short strolls down to the beautiful harbour, where we spent a great deal of our time, eating, drinking and taking boat trips, and the hotel pool was perfect for the days it was too hot to do much walking! I worried beforehand that the pool may be a bit small and crowded, but during our stay there was never more than 8 people there at a time, with sunbeds and more than enough space for at least 25! Our room was a good size and although 2 single beds were provided, we pushed them together and they were then made as one bed for the rest of the holiday, which we appreciated. Room and bathroom were clean and tidy. The breakfast buffet had quite an impressive array of foods. Staff were always helpful and polite. All of this considered, along with the fair price we paid, led to me being very impressed and happy to recommend this hotel to anyone who will listen!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is good value for the price, but it isn't a four star. It's true that the reception staff could audition for the Addams family. They don't have city maps. "Lurch" suggested we go to the old town to buy one, so we spent 45 mins wandering around looking for the old town (no signposts - it's at the bottom of the cliff out of sight). Guys, I can send you some city maps of Antalya printed off the internet if it's too much trouble. It's little things like this that could easily raise the hotel to a full four star.
We were given 2 spacious connecting rooms - but the 'sea view' overlooked a building site, though it was quiet up on the 7th floor. The sea is too far away to qualify as a view. The rooms lack electric plugs. The towels are fraying. The TV volume is set so low it is necessary to sit right up close. A pool view room would probably be nicer. The pool itself is quite good, if you can stand the ear-splitting Turkish pop music. I asked 2 members of staff to turn the volume down so I could read, to no avail (tip: the volume control is behind the disused bar). The management should also delete 'fitness centre' from the list of amenities. The air conditioning in the gym is out of order, rendering it unusable in summer, and most of the machines are busted. No one is ever in there as a result, which is probably why they've stopped cleaning it. I asked the reception if they could get the air con fixed and they said they'd try and contact the technical staff. 5 days later nothing had been done.
The beach shuttle is a nice touch, but the Addams family may forget to tell you that you have to book a seat 24 hours in advance. Lurch gets the times wrong. The beauty salon is quite good, very reasonable prices, but is a separate company from the hotel. The kitchen staff are also a little over-eager, hovering as you eat and whisking away plates from under your nose if you even pause for a minute. The air conditioning in the restaurant wasn't working - it was stifling in there in August, and when I asked the head waiter why, he claimed it'd been switched off by popular request.
The adverb that best sums up this hotel is "begrudgingly" which seems to denote unhappy workers. It would be perfectly OK as a 3 star though.

Room Tip: Pool view to avoid the 'sea view' over the building site. Choose a high floor to avoid the d...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

First of all hotels location is very good. shopping centers and restaurants were nearby. hotel itself was very clean and silent. nice and delicious breakfast. workers were gentle, friendly. room was silent and clean. nice view. sea is very close. pool was the best. All in all very nice hotel.

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I liked this hotel, very good service. Sweeming pool working from 7am till 10 pm. Its very comfortable, esspecially if you have busy day, you can sweem before breakfast and after dinner. Hotel staying near historical place, not far from bus stops. There is very good food in restaurant. a lot of seasonal fruits, all is delicious.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Natalia07011966
Reviewed 7 August 2014

A great location and an okay hotel but we were woken at 2am by decorators in the next room! Reception told them to stop but again woken at 4am. I tried to speak to the manager but it was his day off and I was assured he would speak to the next day ,I am still waiting so very disappointed at the response to my complaint.
A massage in the spa was overbooked in favour of a business man who needed extra treatment so again not service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed with family in a corner room which was big and have nice view with two beds. The main bed was really big and can be used for 3 persons. ..

Breakfast is good according to your needs...

The location is perfect very close to center and all transport...all shopping is also in walking distance....

The hotel has very nice beach and shuttle bus move at 11.30 and back at 16.00 which we used 2 days..

The poor about the hotel is the housekeeping and the reception staff as they don't provide any information and not friendly. ...

Anyway...I enjoyed the stay because of the location and the room..i think it worth the money. ..

If you stay there...There is also super market in front of hotel with best prices. ..buy all your water from it....

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends