“Not a 5 star hotel”

Sealife Family Resort
Ranked #18 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I was here on a family holiday in July and would not go back. From the lack of choices with the food, to, not enough seats in the restaurant on 2 occasions, which meant having to sit at a table which had not been cleared after others used it - Is this 5 star, I think not. Then the scramble for seats at night for the entertainment, as again not enough seats for all the guests.- Is this 5 star, I think not. Our room was ok, but nothing special and the bathroom had cheap shower screens which were covered in sealant, where they had clearly tried to fix around it. It still leaked all over the bathroom flor when using the shower. You might want to take not of the comment from another guest, who tells of an attempted child abduction, which happened when we were there. This is all true, so beware and watch your kids and keep them close at all times. I would not go back to this part of Turkey, but still love Turkey as a holiday destination, especially Lara Beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank William D
KORHAN M, Guest Relations Manager at Sealife Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Intertwined with the City, for a Holiday in peace alone, please the Sea Life Family Hotel Reviews.

Sealife Family Resort for your holiday to your chosen hotel were very pleased, thank you.
guests, before choosing the hotel for vacation, reviews on review sites have to wonder. According to these comments and experiences are booked. from you as a result of the holidays, review sites will ask you to evaluate our hotelier, you do thank you in advance for evaluation.
For these reviews and evaluations, and your appreciation of our service we will see what we need to improve.
better service, a better understanding of business to walk together with the reviews ...

There are newer reviews for Sealife Family Resort

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Before I start, I have not been bribed by any member staff at this hotel to write a good review nor was I asked to do so by any member of staff nor did I see any member of staff asking other guests to write a good review at any point during my stay like some other reviewers claim to be happening.

I am a single parent father and I took my 9 year old son on a weeks holiday to Sealife Family Resort Hotel. We had the best time ever!

The Staff: All the staff we encountered were friendly, polite, and spoke a little English,which was handy for us as, unfortunately, we don't speak any Turkish! Any requests or problems we had were quickly and politely dealt with. Such as when I couldn't get the free WiFi to work on my phone on a couple of occasions and both times the staff were patient and managed to work out what I had done wrong.

The Room: Our room was more than basic with a sea view balcony, security safe, colour TV (some English channels) with various language channels, fridge, and all the other things you would expect from a hotel room including a hair dryer in the bathroom. The air conditioning unit was working perfectly and could be put on a low setting at night so it wasn't too loud when trying to get to sleep.

The Food: The food was served at breakfast, lunch, dinner, and supper (soup and bread between 11pm & midnight). Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is served in the main dining hall as a choose your own buffet. The food was absolutely amazing! I'm not sure if the other reviewers who said the food was basic have gotten the wrong hotel because the choice on offer was vast! All cooked items were clearly labelled in Turkish and English and there were too many fresh vegetables and salad dishes to mention. If you're on a diet you will be fine. There is plenty of fresh fruit and there are many dishes you would recognise if you are not an adventurous eater such a spaghetti and tomato sauce, loads of different pasta dishes, boiled eggs, jacket potatoes to name but a few. If you cannot find something to eat here you are the fussiest eater on the planet! We particularly enjoyed the Turkish night they held on the Wednesday we were there! The choices of traditional Turkish cuisine were huge and very very tasty! There is also a snack bar downstairs near the pool that serves traditional Turkish pancakes with various fillings that are cooked right in front of you. As well as the pancakes they serves burgers, pizzas, chips, etc during each afternoon.There is also a Turkish ice cream stall there for about an hour every day which are also yummy! ALL of the above are free if you have gone all inclusive.

The Pool: There were three pools altogether. Two large swimming pools and a smaller pool which has two water slides. One slide is quite high and pretty fast and the other slide is for smaller children or daft dads like me! Both were safe and looked well maintained and the larger slide had an attendant at the top to tell you when it was safe to go down. In one of the larger pools there are organised games for the guests every day including water polo and water volley ball with a ref (hotel employee) officiating. There are also darts and table tennis tournaments among other things. Be aware that the music around the pool can be pretty loud and the music playing was varied with dance, pop, Turkish, 80's to name, but a few. If you are wanting a quite time lazing around the pool then this place is not for you. We really loved the pool and met loads of nice people of many nationalities there.

The Beach: The beach is accessible through a tunnel at the pool area. There is a bar there and plenty of sunbeds. The beach is a pebbly beach so you will need to walk to the shore on the wooden walkways with your flip flops/crocs on the leave them at the shore line. That said the pebbles weren't very harsh on bare feet. I've been to worse. The beach is private and has a rope separating it from the rest of the beach including in the sea. We went snorkeling there and the water was crystal clear and we saw all sorts of fish and other creatures which is a good sign of cleanliness.

The Hotel Bar: The hotel bar had a large area inside and a large area outside and the drinks were free if you ordered local Turkish drinks, soft drinks, tea/coffee etc. My son has soft drinks with funny coloured flavourings which he thought was brilliant and I had the local Turkish lager called Efes which was very light, not gassy, and not too strong. I don't drink lager back home, but i would if they served Efes! All drinks were chargeable after midnight when the disco opened (12-2am) which was fine for us because we didn't stay up late.

The Hotel: The other guests in the hotel were of many nationalities. We only saw a few English people and the rest were Turks, North Africans, Russians, Germans, Dutch, Spanish, Argentinian and more. My son played with kids of many nationalities and they had a great time! Everyone was there for the same thing. To have a good time and for their kids to have a good time! The hotel has an onsite shop, salon, games centre, gymnasium, sauna, indoor pool, massage parlour, laptops with internet access, playstations. These facilities are not free, but reasonably priced. The shop was about 1-2 Turkish Lire more expensive than the local shop which was about 200m up the road from the hotel, but I didn't mind paying a little extra because it was more convenient and the Turkish couple that ran the hotel shop were very friendly and helpful and just genuinely nice honest people. The hotel is clean and cool and all the toilets were well maintained and clean with a much better level of sanity that I've seen in many English places. The hotel is situated far enough away from the town centre that it isn't overly busy and not too far that you can't get to anything. We had a hire car so found it easy to find attractions, but the public buses were very reasonably priced at roughly 50p for one paying adult! The tours offered by the hotel were a little expensive, but you are paying for convenience.

Overall for the money we paid this place was very very good value for money. We had no trouble from the staff or the locals when we were out on the streets having a walk or looking around. The local shop keepers were all very helpful and friendly and not badgering like some of the bazaars. Everywhere we visited we were greeted with smiles and friendly faces. I honestly cannot understand people who have said anything bad about this place! I can safely say that if we ever decide to go back to Antalya we WILL be staying here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank SyNo1
KORHAN M, Guest Relations Manager at Sealife Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Reviewed 30 August 2014

A well organised family orientated hotel with great facilities for all ages, hotel interior was well maintained and spotless, outside area was clean and spacious with lots of pools and activity club for kids, food is served throughout the day in various locations and was plentiful and of a good standard, deserts were my favourite. I stayed here with my wife and my two kids 1 and 4 year old for ten nights in early june 2014 and overall enjoyed our stay, the only thing I found irritating was a high influx of eastern Europeans in this hotel with no manners, did not know the concept of queing or being polite and despite all of this the management of the hotel seem to give them more attention in general, I hope this part changes the next time we visit, the hotel is in a good location with a private beach (not sandy). I found that the reception staff were very helpful and cheerful all the time. The guest relations manager who organises exursions was more like a sales rep and was only helpful or interested in what you had to say if you where purchasing something, avoid if possible and arrange your own trips, easily done and transport is great out there, taxi drivers will try to rip you off as they do in most places but a bit of haggling does the trick. From what we seen in Antalya it was a great place to visit, will definitely return in future.

Room Tip: get a room with balcony on the third floor or above for peace and great views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
KORHAN M, Guest Relations Manager at Sealife Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Not an amazing hotel but we had a good time. The staff were friendly especially Erkan. Some of the bar staff didnt speak much english but Mustafa and Deniz were great.

Rooms were clean and good size. Lots of options for food.

Pool area and night time entertainment need improving.

• Stayed: July 2014
KORHAN M, Guest Relations Manager at Sealife Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Reviewed 25 August 2014

It is a nice, clean, by-the-beach family hotel. I personally think it deserves more than the low rating it is given on some booking sites.
The hotel has a nice location opposite konyaalti beach, a pebbly beach. Guests don’t have to worry about getting to the beach from the hotel because there is a tunnel which directly links the hotel to the beach. Those who prefer to spend most of their time at the hotel premises, have many amenities to profit from. In fact there are four swimming pools (three outdoor pools, two for adults and one with a water slide for kids, and one indoor), a tennis court, a spa and a Turkish bath.
I liked the architecture, the cleanliness, the all-inclusive plan (I would not recommend it for people who are on diet or who are prone to add weight easily), the friendly disposition of the staff, their level of English and the location of the hotel by the beach and in an upscale neighborhood.
We really had a lovely time at this hotel and would recommend it to our friends. It deserves kudos for making our stay an unforgettable experience. Special thanks to the guest relation guy who was very helpful and readily provided the hotel customers with the information and advice they needed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
KORHAN M, Guest Relations Manager at Sealife Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

KORHN MENGÜŞ

Reviewed 23 August 2014

The hotel was great and all of the pools were more than adequate for all ages as there were plenty of children just floating around or playing with armbands and floats. I have to make a special mention to a member of the guest relations team volkan as he made our stay a little bit more special by going out of his way to make sure we felt very welcome and also helped in any way possible to translate anything we were struggleing with. He also made a great effort to make our daughter who's birthday it was whilst we were there feel happy as he even came out of his own time when he was not working to come the the little birthday party we had arranged in the patisserie at the hotel. The rooms were comfortable and adequate for the three of us . The only bad thing I will say due to the design of the hotel if you get a room in the main block of the hotel above the bar as we did you do get a little bit of noise till the bar shut at 12 then it was fairly quiet but we were literally above the bar and on the 3rd floor next to the lifts so we were in the worst place and it was not a holiday spoiler . All in all not a million miles from anywhere and just far enough away to not be in the mix of hustle and bustle. Great pools good rooms and very very clean . Remember if you go volkan the guest relations it the man you need as he made our holiday a lot better.

• Stayed: August 2014
KORHAN M, Guest Relations Manager at Sealife Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I just got back from a two weeks stay at sea life hotel. What can I say the kids Love it and so did my partner and myself . there are four swimming pools which was very clean . The room we stay in was big and comfortable which was cleaned to a high standard every day. As for the food all I can say is WOW . There is so much food and every thing I tasted was fantastic.

There is a kids disco every night and a different show every night for the adults. As for the hotel staff I didn't have any issues they was very helpful and all spoke English.

On my son birthday we paid a low cost holiday rep who visit the holiday money for my sons to swim with the dolphins at the local aqua park but on the morning of my son birthday we wasn't pick up (this rep is nothing to do with sea life) I went to see the hotel Guest relations manager who phone this rep about ten or more times and got him to bring my money back . He also booked us in the next day to swim with the dolphins. Which save my sons from being disappointed . I feel the guest relations manager save the day and went above and beyond his duties .

This was my first time in Turkey and after this experience I will be going back

Stayed: August 2014