“Great hotel - AMAZING massage!”
Review of Hotel Su

Hotel Su
Ranked #29 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We stayed at the Hillside Su on a half-board package, for four lovely nights. The hotel is in a great location - it's easy to get the bus into town or walk to the tram - and it isn't way off in a 'resort only' destination.

The staff were polite, helpful and unobtrusive. The facilities are well maintained and all in all it's a great place to be.

I have to say, if you like a good massage, you absolutely must try out the Sanda Spa. I had an Asian Nirvana massage and it was divine. Possibly the massage of my life!

The only complaints I have about the hotel is that there are no tea and coffee facilities in the room and the maxi-bar is hideously overpriced. As another reviewer mentioned, the doona (duvet/blanket/whatever you want to call it) wasn't quite big enough for two people on such a big bed. However, it was no problem for the staff to bring us an extra one.

It's worth noting that in off-season the outdoor swimming pool, beach bar and nightclub are closed. This didn't bother us because there was still plenty to do both in the hotel and in town.

All in all, the Hillside Su turned out to be the perfect option for us and I have no hesitation in recommending it!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trina1911
nergissevim, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Su, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Dear Trina1911,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel – we truly appreciate that you have shared great memories from your stay with fellow travelers.

We are also glad that you have pointed out some areas for improvement. To address your concerns:

We do not provide in-room tea and coffee facilities because we strive for a high level of individualized guest service catering to your specific needs. Room service is available 24 hours for beverage orders.

The Maxibar is a unique service to provide amenities conveniently without having to leave the room or make a custom request. Thus, the items are priced to reflect the specialization of this in-room service.

We are sorry to hear that the duvet was not big enough, although all our linens are in accordance with international standards. However, we realize that every guest has different needs, and we are more than happy to fulfill requests as soon as possible so you can be comfortable always.

We also regret that not all of our facilities, such as the pool and beach, can be enjoyed throughout the year due to seasonal climates. Also, we sometimes close facilities for maintenance in order to keep them in the best conditions. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and will ensure much better communications to raise awareness of these closures in future.

Thank you again for staying with us – we hope to welcome you again, and if you have any further questions or feedback, please feel free to let us know! Have a lovely day!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2011

I am not usually one to write reviews about hotels, but I am compelled to say that the Hillside Su was one of the best hotels that I have encountered.

Not only was the hotel easy to find and in a convenient location but its staff was courteous to the point of being too courteous -- and that's a good thing!

Another spot for Antalya is Seraser Restaurant. Great place and food... The cuttlefish was to die for.. dessert - heavenly... the ambiance - cant beat it..

I have already recommended this hotel and restaurant to a friend and think very highly of it. When I visit Antalya again, I plan on staying at the Hillside Su Hotel, most definitely.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Have just returned from a very nice week at Hillside SU with my husband. We enjoyed our holiday there very much, however there was very mixed feelings as we experienced superb service and unfortunately also very poor service and not that great food...

Upon arrival we had a very warm welcome by the staff and was wow'ed by the white and disco like lobby area. We were showed to our room that was equally as welcoming.

The hotel is nicely situated close to the beach with splendid views over gardens and the sea. We upgraded to a beautiful suite with breathtaking views of the sea and mountains which was well worth the money. Our room was clean, fresh and of course white::)) The bed however, was rather hard and way to short for my husband, his feet was hanging off the end. Also the duvet wasn't quiet wide enough to cover the whole bed.
Our room was cleaned every day by the most fantastic cleaning lady, sorry can't remeber her name:)

The food at the hotel was only so so compared to the standard I would normaly expect from a five star hotel. The breakfast buffet was very big but very repetitive. There was a large selection of bread every day, however it was so dry and sometimes the ends of the toast bread was bending upwards.. Not good enough! Also we had problems getting a soft boiled egg, why is that so difficult ? They always came back pretty raw and in the end I gave up and had fried eggs instead.
Lunch menu was pretty basic with burgers, salads and sandwiches, again with the same dry bread. So didn't eat much of that. Based on our breakfast and lunch experienses we didn't give diiner at the hotel a go.
BUT the sushi bar was fantastic. The Thai sushi chef was great and made us some of the best sushi.
We had lots of nice cocktails in the bar and the staff there was always friendly and helpful. Try the rasberry mojito!! On some evenings there was live music which created a nice atmosphere.
In general all the staff was very service minded and proffessional and they tried very hard to give you a good experience. Especially the concierge Ayse Pinar was a superb asset to the hotel and she helped us with various dinner bookings around town.

We tried their spa which was relaxing and I felt very comfortable in their sorroundings. There's an indoor swimming pool, sauna and steam room.

Be aware:!! In the winter time the hotel closes down quite a lot of their facilities. We weren't aware of this before going so it was quite a bit of a dissapointment as the weather was wonderful and a lot of people wanted to lay around the pool.. But it was one big empty whole!!!
Facilities that were closed down for the winter:
- outdoor swimmingpool and bar
- beach facilities and beach bar
- outside café/bar on the fifth floor
- shops on the groud floor

The hotel still put out sun loungers on a green area which we enjoyed. Unfortunately it was a battle every day to get somebody out to service the guests sunbathing with food and drinks.

Despite it being the low season and therefore not a fully operating hotel, we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and would love to return in the summertime to experience the hotel in its full splendor. My wish is that the hotel would be able to just put the service level up a bit as well as getting a better quality from the kitchen.

Looking forward to returning in the future to this very special hotel. It is truly an extraordinary design experience. Next time hopefully I can give this place 5 out of 5 as I feel it has the potential to be.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Danishfoodie1980
Reviewed 27 January 2011

We had a great time!! My boyfriend and I spent a week there, relaxing after a stressful year at uni, the room was very clean and luxurious, with a large balcony, the room was the cheapest of them all, but was very large and still had a good view, with a slight sight of the sea, but mainly over looking the water park next door (free admission with your room card). The shower was great very powerful and large.
The hotel is very clean and fashionable looking, the pool area is beautiful!! plenty of sun beds, always one free. The service was amazing! very attentive and efficient. There is a button to press by each bed for service, even on the beach. The beach is lovely even though its cobbles.
We stayed half board which was good although the evening meals got a little samey after a few nights. Breakfast was amazing!!! so much choice and a vast amount of fresh fruit! it was lovely!! We ended up having lunch at the hotel by the pool or at the beach most days which was quite expensive, perhaps what you might expect for a 5 star hotel, but was delicious! Cocktails were also lovely!! with happy hour on the beach every night! we took full advantage of this as drinks were quite pricey also, the surrounding small bars were all of a similar price, we bought our own drink from a supermarket some nights. The restaurant next door was wonderful, we only went on the last night which was a shame as the food was excellent!!! definitely worth a visit, and very well priced especially in comparison to the hotel. We only wished we had gone earlier.
We also visited Vanilla bar which was very tricky to find but worth the visit, although a little quiet was enjoyable and the cocktails were very yummy!
We also visited the waterfalls which were beautiful!! however watch out as they have camels there which we decided we wanted a photograph with, once we had got on the man said ' we go ride now' and we said no as it was much more expensive, but we couldn't do anything as the camels had already started moving so ended up paying full price.
We also visited the shopping centre which had a few nice shops, similar to those at home really.
Antayla its self in my opinion is a very run down town, and not that great of a place to visit, I would like to visit the hotel again but I felt its location let it down.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rdavis_18
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Stayed here in August 2010 for 3 nights. Not really close to anything to walk to, but a great hotel for just relaxing in the sun. Very trendy hotel - open lobby area is fantastic. Ceder deck 50m swimming pool and the sun beds with call buttons for staff is a great idea. Beach is also nice, with great club in evenings. Buffet is very good, other restaurants in hotel also very nice. Furniture etc in rooms is all poured concrete painted white - our room had some scuff marks etc, but overall nothing to complain about. Day bed on balcony was great.
Overall great hotel for trendy late 20's to early 40's to unwind in.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2011

i travel on my own and always try to choose places that are safe. Hillside Su was amazing. The room was big and airy, with lots of natural light. I had one double bed, one sofa that could easily be a single bed and the most amazing double bed on the balcony. there was different types of light settings(to get you in a romantic mood. There even was a goldfish in my room and a lava lamp.

Everything was really luxurious.

I went on this holiday on my own,and felt safe all the time at the hotel and on the beach (private beach), staff were very friendly and the food was just amazing. Do NOT expect to find fry up in the restaurant. All the food is fresh, vegetables, local cheeses, fish and so on - everything absolutely Delicious!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MonaPLondon
Reviewed 18 January 2011

This past December I was invited by some friends to join them in Antalya, Turkey. I had never been to Turkey, and readily agreed to go. Upon arrival at the Hillside Hotel I realized that I had misplaced my passport (it was lost.) I was a bit jet lagged and confused about what to do. That was the bad news, the good news was that I was at a true service mecca - the HIllside Su Hotel. Immediately, the hotel guest services employee, Ayse K offered assistance. She was like an angel - she actually accompanied me on her own time to the police station to help me fill out a report - she acted as translator and witness. Her efforts were coordinated with the Hotel Manager, and other very fine and caring employees. I am forever grateful to Ayse and her other truly wonderful colleagues.

Now for the Hotel: it is stylish, cool, clean; the rooms are Miami, a la Delano spartan but comfortable; the beach is to die for gorgeous and the water so seductive that I ventured a swim even though it was December. Other services were first-class: Thai massage was as good as I have ever experienced; Mustafa, the hair stylist is locally famous and as good as they get. The area restaurants are superb.

I travel quite a bit and consider myself an experienced professional (20 years as the GM of Winged Foot Golf Club) and the Hillside Su Hotel is wonderful. I highly recommend this Hotel and I especially recommend visiting Turkey. Istanbul is fashionable and fun - like Paris on the Bosphorus and the food is special.

Best Regards, Colin A. Burns