“Almost perfect very helpful & friendly staff beautifull decor”

Elegance East Hotel
Ranked #55 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
London, United Kingdom
“Almost perfect very helpful & friendly staff beautifull decor”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I will get the negatives out the way first we stayed here one night! We didn't think the rooms wer going to be as nice as they wer in the pictures but they really wer! It was like a modern suite in Paris rather than most of the rundown quirky Turkish style b&bs and small hotels in old town the interior design was a breath of fresh air! Ther wer a few scrapes & black marks on the walls wich spoiled the illusion and could have easily been coverd with a lick of paint! And at breakfast you had to pay extra for fresh orange juice wich really anoyed me as that is just a given at breakfast! Breakfast was ok well presented but I can't really complain as we wer in Turkey for 2 weeks and stayed at many different hotels and the breakfast is pretty much the same everywer as Antalya is more traditional thers not ur English breakfast for example! But something to eat for everyone! The pool was great , ther a a little street that runs throungh the main building and the pool area wich I have seen a few pple complain about and I really don't no why it didn't bother me at all I mean it wasent a street more of an ally and I hardley ever saw a car go down it! Lovley lady on the desk who was so helpful & cheery, one more thing I really am not fussy about mattresses at all but the mattress wer really hard! I did notice it but as we wer ther for one night didn't cause back issues or anythink although my boyfriend said he was really uncomfortable , but over all if the hotel could make theese few changes it would litrelly be perfect!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Charletsmith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Elegance East Hotel is one of the most beautiful boutique hotels I've ever seen!The hotel is situated in one of the most popular areas in Antalya called Kaleiçi.It is closer to the city centre and more well-positioned than the other boutique hotels in that region as well. It has a pleasant and friendly atmosphere which is so suitable for a romantic holiday.We stayed at a suite room and I can't tell how glamour it looks!It has a great and relaxing decoration. The staff was pretty helpful and warm. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a boutique hotel in that region. It really deserves its name!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Daisy M
Romania
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Maybe it's not justify to review the hotel because we've stayed there for just 1 night. But we had great expectation after seeing their site. And we felt cheated by their cheap imitation of what they wanted to sell. Poor quality materials, hard closing doors (at the entrance of the room) or not closing at all (at bathroom), the ornaments of the bed looks like fretwork (remind me of school time), rain in the reception and in the restaurant.
We've got rainy days and in the restaurant was water everywhere (we were even afraid of their sockets). There were just few tables where you can stand, because all was wet.
After being so bad I have to explain myself why I have a 3/5 review. We find the staff being nice (although they didn't give us a receipt for the cash money) in the reception and in the restaurant. And I feel somehow that in season it's a pretty hotel (nice pool, nice building, good position-right on the Ataturk Boulevard, close to Hadrian Gate). But it's a pricey hotel for what they offer, at least for winter time (next time we'll choose again Marina Puding Residence-a better option for the same price range).
Breakfast was enough for us, so no complaints for that matter.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank moruzic
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Unfortunately this hotel did not live up to expectations based upon their web site. Granted, it is a good location with easy walking straight into the old town. Rooms were reasonably ok but some lights not working and shower base badly fitted so water everywhere. Biggest disappointment was that neither the spa nor the restaurant were open for the whole 5 nights we were there and the spa description on the web site was one of the main reasons for choosing the hotel in the first place. Breakfast was perfectly adequate. Noise from neighbouring bar went on late. Paid extra for a suite but this consisted of just an alcove, in what seemed to be a the standard room, that was just big enough to fit a sofa. Took three rooms for the family but based on our experience we would look for an alternative hotel in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank leo707
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 December 2013

If I return to Antalya, I will stay here again. It was quiet, comfortable, reasonably priced and within walking distance of everything I wanted to see. Those are my main criteria, so I didn't pay much attention to the imperfections, such as the broken hinge on the armoire. The decor is a bit pretentious and the breakfast was modest but adequate. The desk clerk was congenial and helpful.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you don't want to climb stairs, get a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gullibletraveler
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Don't be fooled by the photos on the website! It is the same place however expect a dirty pool, no fountains, leaky roofs, broken showers, peeling wallpaper etc. Hard to believe this is a new place. We were unable to order room service as promised. A lot of flies in the breakfast area. Some nice touches but does not follow through on promise. A shame, it could be really beautiful and in a very fine location near Hadrian's Gate. Our car was damaged in the car park, which is small and unsupervised. Our power went out and we had to go to the front desk to make anybody aware! Do not recommend. Plenty of better options in the old town.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying, try to stay in the main building away from the alley
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank PapaSteveF
Adana, Turkey
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel is located in the middle of the old city, Kaleiçi. However, when you enter from the door of the hotel, you feel like you enter a hidden garden, which esolated from the noisy crowded which is great to rest nicely and start a new trip in the city.

If we talk about the physical situation of the hotel, I stayed in a standart room with king size of bed, the room looked little, but if you only aim to sleep there, it will be quite enough for you. The bed was very comfortable. In the bathroom some tools like shower head were old and not well kept.

The worker and the manager of the hotel were so warm and helpfull.

When you come to Antalya for holiday or work trip, I highly reccomend this hotel. To be inside of the city will bring you some more time to see around insist of using bus to arrive there.

Room Tip: If you choose the room at the back of the hotel, you will have totally quiet rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business