“would never go back to this hotel”
Review of WOW Kremlin Palace

WOW Kremlin Palace
Ranked #61 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 12 December 2013

November 2013 weeks holiday
The Hotel is miles from anywhere check in was fairly quick, we arrived at 7 pm and it was dark.
we went to the room and found at first glance it looked OK !!!!, we found the safe was locked and had to sit in the room for 50 minuets till someone came to open it.we went to find the restaurant the complex was poorly lit and very dark we found it eventually, we struggled to find a table and the food wasn't great. the tables were left full of dirty plates piled high with unfinished food.
we went in to the lobby bar to get a drink only to find people ten deep at the bar waiting to get served and only two bar man working, this was a huge bar and some 90 + people waiting to be served.
The following morning we got up and I opened the curtains to look at the view, only to find the balcony was covered with a big tree we couldn't see anything the tree totally filled the balcony.
Going for a shower was a challenge as the shower head was fixed pointing down on to the taps
to get under it you had to balance above the taps. the tiles had big crack in them and the bath poor condition as it had black stains on it.
we went down for breakfast to find the restaurant was full again on speaking to a waiter we found out the hotel had three conferences on and they all came in from 7.30 till 9 am also Friday to Sunday local Turkish family's came in for the weekends so as a tourist we are the minority in the hotel and got treated the same way.yet again the food was poor and repetitive.
when to went to the bars you got served after all the locals as I cannot order in Turkish they just shout over us and got served first, after Monday it got a little better as the local vacated the hotel and we had less competition to get served.
the following morning I woke and looking across to the other bed the bottom sheet had moved revealing a large brown stain on the mattress on lifting the sheet the mattress was full of marks and stains I checked my mattress only to find mine was the same I took photos and went to see the Thomas cook Rep see could not believe what she was looking at I told her about the shower and the view she demanded the manage come up to the room to explain and was asked to bring the house care manager with him.
The manager told us they have a lot of problems with mattress and could not explain why a 5 star hotel was in such a poor condition and told us he would deal with the problem right away he offered us a free booking at the Italian restaurant as compensation.
this is not a 5 star hotel and look at the pictures to make your own mind up.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anthony W
Your_World_of_Wonder, Manager at WOW Kremlin Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Mr. Antony,

Thank you for taking your time to write your opinion.

We truly regret that your vacation in our resort has not met your expectations. Your opinion is very important for us and helps us to continuously improve our hotel in order to make each of our guests having a nice holiday. Please be assured that our Management Team will carefully examine your feedback in order to improve us in our Weaknesses for the future.

We wish you and your family all the best and hope that you maybe would give us a second chance in the future.

World of Wonder Resorts – Kremlin Palace

If you have any further questions or suggestions for Kremlin Palace or another World of Wonder Resort Hotels please do not hesitate to contact us at seha@wowhotels.info.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

8 of us (4 couples) have just returned from the kremlin palace on arrival check in was very prompt and our bags were taken to our rooms while we went for a bite to eat at midnight thought this was nice at this late hour we then headed to the cocktail bar for a drink then on to the rooms the rooms are very comfortable with the best shower I have ever had there is a mini bar in room stocked daily with water juice and bottled beer the food at this hotel was amazing from breakfast through to late dinner being fussy I always left full up most of water slides were closed but it was November tried the pools pretty cold but again the time of the year was in the 20s most days good bar service and a good range of spirits efes beer not very good unless you drink it in one special mention to the entertainment staff they were a brilliant laugh with us the whole week also we all had a massage and the indoor pool and sauna were good we made some special friends and will return some day I think some reviews are hard on this hotel they work so hard 24/7 being from Clydebank we give everyone a break well done the management and staff keep up the good work you made 8 of us happy for a week see you soon (wee bobbie)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank ronnie m
Your_World_of_Wonder, Manager at WOW Kremlin Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Guests,

You mentioned some wonderful things about WOW Kremlin Palace in your review and we would like to thank you for sharing them.
This is a great place and we enjoy being able to serve our guests. For highlighting facilities like prompt Check-In, the comfortable rooms, the amazing foods and brilliant animation team we sincerely want to thank you. Moreover, it really fills us with joy that you highlighted the staff for his good and hard work.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are looking forward to welcome you and your friends again for a second round of enjoying World of Wonder Resort Hotel Kremlin Palace.

World of Wonder Resorts – Kremlin Palace

If you have any further questions or suggestions for Kremlin Palace or another World of Wonder Resort Hotels please do not hesitate to contact us at seha@wowhotels.com.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hotel good standard entertainment very poor and basic compared to some hotels of same star rating nothing with the wow factor mini disco that about it and a few other naf the food is disgusting I'm brittish and there where not many there so they don't cater for us and I usually don't complain about'food but it was a disgrace water slides amazing local beer coffee ok beach close town long ride don't go on bus you have been warned you like a sardine and pickpockets about when we where there they where sending the thomas cook rep home as there was not enough brittish people booking all in all not worth the money

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jayb9998

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Kremlin Palace and for the time you were spending in sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

We understand that we were not able to meet your expectations and deplore very much your dissatisfaction on some of our services.

Please be sure, that our management will carefully examine your comments. Each of the points that you have specify will be handled with the necessary care and thoroughness. We constantly are working at improvements. We see your comments as a tool, which help us on the way to these improvements. Please know that all of our team members are committed to making the necessary changes that will enhance the guest experience and increase guest satisfaction.

We are very proud and happy to have the pleasure to welcome you and your family again next year for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Ok lets start this was my 5th Visit to Antalya in the last 2 years so I am in a good place to review. The Hotel old and tired needs a freshen up the rooms ok but not great.

The food. Could have been warmer ( there is however a microwave handy). Good choice and tasty. Not bad at all.

The staff.5 stars every interaction was excellent from the front desk to the entertainment team Urdal,and the other boys and girls provide great fun and laughs the best I have experienced in Turkey. So in short great holiday because of them. So management beware, others may try and steal them away.??

One added surprise was we could use the Topkapi next door for drinks and meals. Enjoyed there facilities and I would recommend staying there.

So kremlim needs a make over and it will be fine. If you are swithering remember you will be able to use Topkapi as it is owned by the same guy and is next door joined together.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank bonhill

Dear Guest,

thank you so much for taking your time to write down your experiences with our hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are happy that you had a good time at our hotel and that you enjoyed your vacation.

The whole team was pleased to hear your commendation. We are all looking forward to welcoming you again at World of Wonder in the near future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I was there for 4 days in late October due to a business trip. The hotel tries to copy the Kremlin place/architecture (close by there is an hotel called Venetian - guess why??). It has large swimming pools and the beach is 5 min from the hotel. Outside the hotel there is nothing, the city is ca 25 min by car. The hotel is kitch, the rooms are a bit old-style, WiFi is terrible and not everywhere available (although declared). I would never go there for holidays as you are locked into the structure which offers everything (all inclusive formula, bars everywhere, play rooms and bowling, etc.) but doesn't allow you to enjoy the city of the surrounding if you dont have a car. On the other hand, if you want to switch off for some days, it's ideal (although it would need some improvements and renovations...).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank oibafomer

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the feedback on your stay with us on Tripadvisor.

We understand that we were not able to meet your expectations in some points. We deplore very much your dissatisfaction on about the location of our hotel and the design. We will examine carefully each point of your review, and handle it with the highest level of thoroughness.

If you need some time to switch off, would it be our pleasure to welcome you again. Till then we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

First of all, I'm going to start off by letting you that if I had had more time to check up on this hotel before we booked, we would never have come here in a million years. We're a young childless couple who like vibrant cities and beautiful beaches with some culture mixed in.

This resort doesn't offer that. What it does offer is a great place to relax with your kids - especially if you don't want to venture out of a resort when on holiday.

Out of season, everything is shut down. The only a la carte restaurant available was the Turkish and Mexican. The food was, hands down, the best part of our holiday. As two fussy eaters, and I having been to Turkey several times previous and contracting various tummy bugs, we were so pleased with the generous amounts of mineral water available. The salad here was absolutely fine to eat - and there's lots of salad, plenty for even vegetarians to choose from. There are also a couple of food tents hidden outside to seek out for snacks. Get ice cream all inclusive from the Pasha restaurant. You're able to use all of Top Kapy's facilities next door as it's owned by the same guy; there's less russians (which after a week of enduring their presence in the Kremlin, am sad to say, they were all extremely rude and sour faced whenever in contact with us - sadly we didn't even meet one friendly russian from the 90%population in Kremlin!) and the grilled food outside is even better. The whole atmosphere is better so check out the bar and dining room here.

I can't comment on the trips, as our rep was rather rubbish and didn't even turn up to the first day meeting.

The sports available were... Swimming and the tennis & squash courts. I swam outside in the pool everyday, but I was the only one in the pool because it was about 6 degrees in the water. Don't believe the signs saying 21 degrees! All the slides were shut. The beach was pebbly and narrow, the sea was clean, clear and warm but because there was no space to throw even a ball around, we stuck to hanging around the pool, and just took walks on the beach. The beach was covered in metal bars which were unsightly, as sun covers. All the water sports were shut.

The indoor pool was very nice, and the staff in the wellness centre were the friendliest of all of them. We had massages on the last day, very expensive, but they did do a good job. Definitely barter them down - prices were well over the odds of what you'd pay in England.

Everything was very commercialised in the hotel. Don't buy anything in the shops. If you do buy anything, use lire. You will save so much! I made a mistake and took euros. Drinks that weren't included all inclusive were more than london prices. Don't bother.
One big thing to note is that the hotel is an hour by bus from Antalya. The town nearby is a tourist town. Don't bother with it. On the way from the aiport, the rep described our beach strip as the Las Vegas of Turkey. Buzzing it is not; miles from anywhere of interest it is. I think that says it all really...

Except now, I will tell you about the staff. Front desk don't have a clue about service and manners. They interact with grunts more than words. On 3 occasions I asked for help. Our safe was unusable when we arrived. The front desk couldn't explain why. We asked the rep, and he told us we could only get access if we stayed in our room one whole morning to gain access from the cleaners. A whole morning wasted. Fab!

One of the other occasions, I went to book a la carte. The lady in guest relations told the lady in front of me to basically get lost, there was nothing she could do for her. I was a bit stunned; the lady was quite rude herself but, we had both been waiting for half an hour to even get to speak to anyone. Anyway, by the time I had got to the front, the staff member had a massive moan about the lady to her colleague, and then moaned at me about her! Excellent! Then, it turned out that no a la carte was available for four days. No warning, but everything was booked up by a conference group. So no one could use any of the remaining facilities. I managed to book a table for our last evening. That was the earliest I could book!

So, the other staff you want to avoid are the photographers. They are rude, aggressive, and intimidating. The guy who dresses as the pirate clocked that my other half had wandered off and left me alone. The pirate came over and asked if I wanted a photo. I said No. He asked again. I said No. He tried to persuade me some more. I told him, I don't like having my photo taken. In response to this, he put a live parrot on my head. I was nervous and angry. I told him to remove the animal. He then removed what appeared to be a real knife and waved it menacingly, without smiling, in my face. Great. I told him again, to remove the animal, and tried to remove it myself. He told me not to touch the bird, menacingly, and put it on my shoulder. He then started touching my legs, "positioning" them for his photographer mate. I was pretty furious and shocked. My boyfriend was fuming when he got back and I'd told him what happened. The guy's boss was not happy when we complained, and nor was reception.

The last thing I'll mention is the club. Remember that scene in The Inbetweeners Movie where the boys are dancing and there's about 10 people in the club and it's all just awfully cringe worthy? Yes, it's like that. We joined in. If you can't beat them, join them. One of the songs was Coolio's gangsta paradise, if that gives you any indication of music taste and decade!

Go to Antalya and book a nice hotel in the heart of the real town, not this strip outside. Antalya and Alanya are gorgeous, but this place really isn't. Its only redeeming feature was the food, and the generousity of everything included in All Inclusive (lots of food, a la carte, cocktails, mini bar, club bar, ice creams, snacks, etc etc).

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jazfrench
Your_World_of_Wonder, Manager at WOW Kremlin Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear guest,

thank you, that you give us such a detailed insight into the impressions you have gained during your holiday at Kremlin Palace.

It is very important for us to we know how our guests thinking about the different areas of our hotel, because it teaches us which parts we should improve a little bit more. The largest success, of course we would have in a personal conversation during the vacation, because in a conversation we could actively exchange ideas.

The location and the family-friendly style of our hotels, unfortunately was the opposite of what you expected to get. Too far away from city and the nightlife, means already a bad start with us. Although drive right outside our door the buses into town, but depending on how many Passengers want boarding on the way, directly to the middle of old town it needs about 40 minutes. However, if you want to go for party in discos or want to go to trendy bars, then you have only a about 15 minutes drive to center of Lara-town, where for example is the Terra City since there are some of the best bars and discos of Antalya and in the evening, especially on weekends there is always a lot going on. The statement of the tour guide, this is the Hotel-Road from Lara / Kundu is the Las Vegas of Turkey, however, caused us a slight smile.

We are pleased that the huge hotel area, the facilities, massage in the spa and the all-inclusive offer met your expectation. Above all, however, a big thanks from our culinary team, for the recognition by your kind words. They are happy that they improved your holiday a little with their delicacies.

Please be assured that our management team will view your report very carefully and work on it very conscientious. The points you have raised are examined, addressed and necessary meaningful improvements purposeful implemented.

It would be our great pleasure to welcome you again someday. Maybe not in the near future, but when you're planning your first family holiday, we hope that you will remember us.

World of Wonder Resorts – Kremlin Palace

If you have any further questions or suggestions for Kremlin Palace or another World of Wonder Resort Hotels please do not hesitate to contact me at seha@wowhotels.com.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a week long family holiday over the Easter holidays in 2012. We felt that we'd paid over the odds when we booked but were taken in by the glamorous nature of the hotel's appearance from the literature. The hotel is a huge, sprawling complex of apartments and rooms of which very few have any kind of decent view from what I could tell. The food was excellent in its variety and probably the best aspect of the hotel. Not all attractions were open which made is wonder how much you'd be paying in peak season. Service was impersonal and staff on the whole seemed unconcerned for our welfare. The location wasn't great, being in a line of similarly overstated hotels on the beach front, somewhat inaccessible from any towns or villages. Very little character and commercial on the whole but did the job for a (pricey) week away.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Wingf00t

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some of your value time for writing your impressions about WOW Kremlin Palace in Tripadvisor. The comments of our guests are important to us because they help us every day still being a little better, than we were the day before, and that is the goal we pursue.

It is a great pity that we could not fully meet your expectations at your last visit in 2012 but maybe you would now already feel quite different about it.

That you had the feeling, that our employees do not interest your well-being, is the point that is most depressing for us. We place a high value on the warm handling of our employees with the guests. Each of our employees is aware about the welfare of our guests always comes first. We are firmly convinced that we have already changed us in this area since your last visit for the better.

It would be great if you spend one more time a holiday with us and then perhaps get the impressions of WOW Kremlin Palace Hotel, which we want to convey to our guests.