“Enjoyable fun”

Ranked #64 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
London, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable fun”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

You need to understand what type of holiday this is Antalya, Lara beach is the Turkish equivalent of Las Vegas.. And the Kremlin is the Butlins holiday in the sun you never had.. It no good coming here being a snob or racist or expecting it to live up to a five star rating.. This hotel has as many Turkish as Russians and a few other nationalities thrown in.. I have found all nationalities to have been mostly friendly.. If you enter this place with a smile you are going to enjoy it.. Probably good idea to tip waiters at Bar and you will find them hunting you down with drinks. The food is varied though pretty simple.. But great salads, stews, kebab, pizza, meat dishes.. The things I don't like.. All inclusive should be all inclusive so have refused the Al la carte restaurants so far.. The expensive shops on site to a captive audience and the remoteness or hotel from "real turkey" it would be great if hotel laid on free shuttle to town.. I personally like Tokapi more next door which you can use and may as well be same hotel.. It's a little more subtle if that can even be applied.. I've done five star in Thailand which was amazing this holiday is not but it has been good fun and have enjoyed.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank pantanki
Rebekka B, Customer Relations Manager at WOW Kremlin Palace, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We are pleased that you entered our place with a smile and that you enjoyed your holiday with lots of fun.

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions about the World of Wonders Resort Hotels with the TripAdvisor Community. It would be our great pleasure to welcome you back for another enjoyable holiday in the near future.

World of Wonder Resort Hotels

If you have any further questions or suggestions for WOW Kremlin Palace or another of the World of Wonders Resort Hotels please do not hesitate to contact me at crm@wowhotels.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 29 July 2014

In the summer of 2007 I was on my honeymoon with my wife at another hotel in Antalya Lara called Titanic. It was wonderfull. This time I chose hotel WOW Kremlin Palace in Kundu for my familyvaccation. I red some of the comments upon the travel and was a bit worried because some people obviously had bad experiences of their stay at the hotel. Here are my impressions of my week´s stay there.

The beach was very nice and the poolarea with all its activities are truely splendid. The food was satisfactory but a bit repetitive after 3-4 days. They should try to do something about it.

The standard of the rooms was the most upsetting experience. If this hotel is a 5 star hotell then the Titanic should have at least 2 stars more. The interior, the rooms furniture were damaged and the bathroom looked like som amateurs hade painted it. There were cracks in the corners and in the bathroom sealing. This was in the paviljon 1. We changed the room the day after our arrival in hope to get a "newer" and "fresher" standard room. The new room was located at the poolarea and it was a bit better.

The cleaning was not good at all. Sorry to have to say this but we never got our room vacuumed during our stay most probably because we were clean people and did not leave any mess on the floor. When we made space for a third extra bed we saw it was dirty and informed the cleaningstaff about it and she made an mediocre effort to clean but didnt clean under the other beds were we afterwards saw foodleftovers which we cleaned up ourselves. This mess was obviously left by the prior guests and it was not cleaned up properly.

I tried to upgrade our room to get a higher standard one because I was really dissapointed of the low standard and was offered a suite that would cost me an extra 400 EUR rest of our stay and I was shown the room. This room had exactly the same standard as the standard double room I already hade paid form but it had more space and larger balcony. I declined the offer besause it was not worth to pay the extra money for it so we kept our standard double room.

The guests were mainly Russians. I have never hade any problems with any nationalities on my vaccations so I didnt expect to have any this time either. During one day we left our towels on our sunchairs at the poolside to get some lunch at the main restaurant. One hour later a Russian couple had taken our sunchairs and claimed that our towels were theirs ! I tried to explain to them that the sunchairs were occupied and that my cap was still hanging above their heads on the inside of the sunumbrella. That didnt make any difference. The couple ignored our explanations and the male gave impression of that he would take a fight with me if I consisted on further argument with him.

I told the reception about the incident but the interest of the matter was quite low. The receptionist had a russian name on the namebadge so I figured he didnt want to make any fuss with his fellow countryman *lol*

The Wi-Fi in the hotelarea was a joke. They charge you additional 7 EUR per day for the Wi-Fi in the room and it only works resctrictedly in the room.. just barely and sometimes it didnt. The free Wi-Fi works in the reception area but the chairs were almost always occupied.

I was very satisfied with my previous stay in Hotel Titanic, summer in 2007 and this time I wanted to experience another hotel. I would rate my week´s stay in WOW Kremlin Palace as satisfactory but just barely. It costed about the same compared to ten day´s stay in Titanic 2007 and I think we will try another hotel next time.

Room Tip: Make sure you don´t get checked in in the 1st Paviljon. The standard there is low and this paviljons...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Goggis
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased that you were generally satisfied with your stay, but due to your review we are of course aware, that there were a few services with which you were not 100% satisfied. We will discuss all of your comments in our management meeting and will use them for our continuous improvement process.

We would be very pleased if you would decide someday in the future to have another holiday with us.

Thank you for sharing your impressions. We wish you all the best and send you kind regards from Antalya.

Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was there in august 2013 .We were there with two kids 4 and 7.Rooms are old and not so clean they have that bed smell every time when you go inside.The bathroom was dirthy and when I complained at reception they didn't done anything about it.It was my eight time in Turkye.My previous hotels where I stayed were rixos premium Belek,rixos sungate Kemer,royal wings ,royal dragon,delphin palace.This hotel was the biggest disappointing,waist of my money and my time.I never gave bed rewiev for any hotel except this one.Please don't go there.

Room Tip: Don't go there.Rooms are old and dirty.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank eskic1
Dear Guest,

We understand that we were not able to meet your expectations and deplore very much your dissatisfaction on cleaning service. We carry constantly satisfaction surveys with our guests and the satisfaction in terms of cleanliness is always and was also in the entire year 2013 over 90%.

We very much regret if there was a problem with the cleaning service in your room and please be sure, that our management will carefully examine your comments. Each of the points that you have specify will be handled with the necessary care and thoroughness. We constantly are working at improvements. We see your comments as a tool, which help us on the way to these improvements. Please know that all of our team members are committed to making the necessary changes that will enhance the guest experience and increase guest satisfaction.

We wish you and your family just the best…

Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

on arrival room was not satisfactory, was told to go back the day after, we did and my daughter and i were transferred to a suite over looking the pool, my daughter had her own apartment upstairs and i had the one down stairs, both with on suite, 1st class WOW..although weather was not too good, and very little was open as was not in season one restaurant, one cafe,indoor pool and sauna, that was it, it was still a nice stay. Restaurant big, and as most people say full of Russians who were greedy and bad mannered and pushed you out of the way to get to the food. for me food was not good, my daughter has varied tastes so was okay. there was and oil convention on and a football tournament so the hotel was full of football teams (youths) and oil/fuel business men for the convention. In door pool was great, and sauna was good all inclusive so we could not complain really, had few drinks at night, played chess and met a few Turkish football coaches and had few laughs, Caught the bus outside Kremlin two or three times into Antalya which was lovely, but about three quarters of an hour to an hour very boring . We found staff very nice and helpful

Room Tip: if you can afford ask for pool view room/suites, but we got good deal through Thomas Cook £145 all i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review about our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that we were able to improve your satisfaction you with the room change.

Since your holiday was in March, the winter concept was in action. In our Winter concept most of the facilities in the outdoor area are closed because of the weather conditions. Since last winter we heat up the Relax pool in our Sister Hotel Topkapi Palace, so if you would like to swim a few rounds under the sky between November and March it would be our pleasure to see you back with us.

Thank you very much for highlighting our staff because of their nice and helpful behaviour. Your words are a big motivation for each of our staff members.

We hope that we will have the honor to welcome you back with us in the near future and wish you all the best.

Istanbul
Reviewed 26 July 2014

You would expect a lot more from wow hotels in general. But what a poor experience that was.

Sorry to see that the hotel is run down both lobby and rooms. Although we had the room with sea view, it did not help the experience at all. The decoration is old and terrible. The only good thing in the room is the TV.

The minute we were in we found out that there were no towels in the room. We asked for them only to find that no one bothered showed up to bring any.

The food is tasteless.

The hotel is nothing but a bazaar with zillions of kiosks trying to sell you something.

This one caters to cheap Russian tourists so dont expect anything but Russians around.

Food is not good at all. Not even a bit tasty.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank OCAK
Dear Guest,

Unfortunately, out of your review is clear to recognize that we have not been able to meet your expectations. This we highly regret, but in view of many positive comments about our hotel, is the hardness of your report is not entirely comprehensible for us. It is always our effort, to offer our guests the best service and we will carefully consider each comment of your review and will handle your opinion with the same importance, like we do it with each other comments of our Guests. Please be assured that we will immediately take measures where it is necessary.

We wish you and your loved ones just the best.

Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We have to move for one night to this tell from Baia lara hotel.
And it was awful experience .this hotel of is maximum 3 stars hotel, the food was like hospital food, the room was uncomfortable the mattress were very old, and the staff was very rude.
The lobby and the dining room are very large and they are always full of people and it's noisy.

Wont be back again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

It is a pity that you have an opinion formed after only one night, because you can have in such a short time certainly seen only a small part of what our hotel has to offer.

Our hotel has 874 rooms, what is more than the double number of rooms of your originally booked hotel, which has only 399 rooms. On arrival in Antalya you expected a smaller and quieter hotel, and then you had to stay a night with us, because the hotel you booked was probably overbooked. You were not pleased about this situation, this we can understand very well, but your review after only one night we can't understand.

In our Hotel and its sister hotel, Topkapi Palace we have 2 main restaurants (breakfast, lunch, dinner, late-and Midnight Snack), 1 extra Main Restaurant (breakfast & dinner), 6 snack bars, 2 patisseries and seven different a la carte restaurants (Italian, Mexican, BBQ, sushi, Mediterranean, International and Turkish). It is certainly difficult, to get a meaningful opinion about our food offer after just one dinner or breakfast.

We hope that you have enjoyed the rest of your holiday and wish you all the best.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This has been a brilliant holiday. The staff. Are very helpful and friendly and kind. The architecture was brilliant with lots to see and do for the whole family. Great food and activities. Very clean and well organised. I cant wait to come back next year!

Room Tip: Rooms near the street
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Meriam H
Rebekka B, Customer Relations Manager at WOW Kremlin Palace, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Mrs. Meriam,

Thank you very much for your nice words about our staff, the architecture, the cleanliness and the Activities and the foods. It was a big pleasure for us to have you as our guest here in WOW Kremlin Palace.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back with us next year and send you up to then warm greetings from the beautiful Antalya.