“Wow - this place is goooood !”
Review of Royal Wings Hotel

Royal Wings Hotel
Ranked #5 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wow - this place is goooood !”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed here as a family of four ( two adults and two children aged nine and twelve ) for one week.
The location is excellent as it's no more than a 10 minute transfer from the airport at Antalya.
Lara Beach is a relatively recent development and consists of a number of five star hotels all done on a different theme.
The Royal Wings is stunning, from it's impressive reception area, huge pool complex and restaruant / outdoor bar area, beach location and on beach dining - the kids also loved the huge water park with slides, located at the front of the hotel.
The rooms were spacious for a family of four and it was worth the small extra premium to obtain a room overlooking the pool and beach.
The food in all the restaurants was excellent - the choice was mesmeric and although the main restaurant can get a little busy at peak times, for an all inclusive venue is didn't have the feel of being a cafeteria or school dinner hall - try the Turkish or Italian themed restaurants ( which you do have to book in advance at no cost ) as they were execellent.
No complaints whatsoever and people who've travelled there since, based upon our glowing report have enjoyed it immensely as well.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank harters66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I was there in august , the hotel was fully booked but I really didn't feel it's badly crowded, everything was organised and scheduled, with all this people I wondered how they can keep everything clean.
I like this hotel, everything is great : the room, the food, the pools, the shows, the stuff...etc
The entertainment team is great and if they see you alone (anytime) someone will come and sits with you.
Any time you feel hungry you can find a place to eat ;)

1 Thank Zaki A
Beirut
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We just got back from 1 week at the Royal Wings Resort. We were 2 families with 2 adults and 3 children in each. I have to say that this is my 3rd all inclusive visit to Turkey and therefore the following review is obviously a comparison with the previous ones (Palmiye & Limak Lara De Luxe).
LOBBY: Wide and well decorated with lots of light and places to sit and the main hotel bar.
ROOMS: We had reserved 4 std sea view rooms through booking.com and i have to say that the rooms we got did not resemble the internet description. We had sea view rooms but with only 2 single beds and in 1 of them an added fold out bed that even my 4 yr old son could not sleep in! Other than that the rooms have nice view and are quite decent for 2 persons. They are clean and the bathroom amneties are complete. Towels were changed on daily basis but the sheets and beddings that were supposed to be changed twice per week were not during our 7 nights.
RESORT: This is where this hotel is a step above the rest, it is large with many pools and the main pool spans through out the whole resort. The aqua park is large involving 3 pools and 10 slides for various ages, it also includes a wave pool (kids favorite) and a lazy river for canoe which was very popular with my kids. In the same area is a luna park including 6 or 7 rides that is again a nice touch with the kids. The beach side is clean and well maintained and I enjoyed sand castles with my children on daily basis. One major drawback in this resort that was absent in others is the lack of places to sit around the pool!! You have to be there at 9 am or else you won't find chairs around the pools and this is a rather bummer if you are on vacation, it almost ruins it. The pool water is not T controlled and although it is OK in August i would suspect it becomes a bit chilly and cold for Sep.
FOOD: the main restaurant is wide with lots of places to sit, the food is good (but not as much as Limak Lara), but they seem to have a slight problem with the A/C because it becomes hot when it's crowded. Another restaurant at the beach is the sea shore rest, it is a la carte but a set menu and their food is quite tasty. 4 a la carte restaurants are available and you can reserve in 1 for free but we did not try it for the sake of our kids (they usually don't enjoy as much as the buffet). They serve a lot of food and drinks and a large variety, the food corners are a nice touch (pizza, doner, baked potatoes, ice cream ...). Lots of bars scattered all over the resorts and you can always find the drink you want.
STAFF: huge variation here from the very nice and helpful (reception) to the tired, overworked and bordering on rude (waiters). The animation team despite their goodwill are most often mediocre and fall short compared to the other resorts we previously visited. Although the amphitheatre is large and well architectured, the shows are usually short (30-40 min only) and carry moderate originality. The miniclub is not well run and they did not prepare a show with the kids like the rest of the resorts, my girls usually look forward to that.
SERVICES: we asked the hotel for an airport pick up (15-20 min ride) and they sent us a minibus for 50 euros per trip which we found to be fair. Internet is a big problem!!! They do mention free internet but they do not talk about the fast internet you need to pay for!! I only needed to check my e-mail and respond to the urgent mails but even that was a big problem using the super slow speed of the available wireless network.
IN SHORT, ALTHOUGH THIS IS A VERY NICE RESORT AND WE HAD A LOT OF FUN; SEVERAL MINOR POINTS NEED TO BE ADDRESSED TO MAKE THIS REALLY THE BEST ONE OUT THERE. IT IS A SHAME BUT I DID NOT GIVE IT 5 STARS.

Room Tip: avoid the first 2 floors and ask for higher for better view and less noise.
12 Thank eddy71
Prague
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Staying at Royal Wings from 15th to 22nd June 2012. I can only recommend this hotel. We were here first time and we chose it mainly because of the good facilities for children. There's play room inside (if it is very hot) and mini club in the beautiful garden. Area hotel is large enough, so we never had need of a swimming pool or beach chairs. Food is simply excellent. Really nothing to add. Ultra all inclusive really responsible. I'm very fond of fresh juices (carrot, melon, orange). Every day was a different kind of cuisine (Mexican, Italian, Chinese…) Think everyone came into their own. Children can go to the food a little while earlier. They had their own place with children's food and chairs. Cleanliness of the hotel was perfect and the service very nice and helpful. Animation team was very diligent and interesting activities (darts, water polo, aqua aerobics, aqua zumba, aerobics classic ...) We were also pleasantly surprised by the local water park with adventurous river. There were also many water slides for older children and adults, but also water slides for smaller children. Even our 2 year old son drove it without any problems himself. I must not forget the friendly lunapark, where we spent almost every evening after dinner (trampolines, a pirate ship, Ferris wheel, carousel chain carousel and the smallest with horses and cars). All in excellent condition. For all I can say PERFECT! Just one small thing happened to us. After returning back home son's body was oozing blisters. We managed to ... it's HFMD disease transmitted by saliva and water ... So caught it from someone in the pool :-(

Room Tip: We had room to the water park and carnival in 5th floor and it was perfect. If you close sliding doo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank irasun
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Nice hotel very clean,entertainment in pool bar at night good fun ,ou grandaughter(15) had a gret time dancing this was mainly due to the entertainment team who were excellent very friendly. I do not think she would have enjoyed it as much without these really lovely people from different countries,who took the time to talk and dance.white party very good, garden party almost exactly the same need to make them a bit different.one of the problems with all inclusive is other guests handling food,have people no sense?the cloths at the bread section are for covering the bread while it is sliced so bare hands do not touch as other people will pick up your germs. The tongs are for picking up food not your fingers! I have been to many all inclusives but am going off ones with children who need supervision to pick their food although the problem is from adults who should know better. The food here was very good some decent fresh ground coffee would have been nice but no real problems. The grounds are nice but not very big plenty of sun beds and parasols.waiting and bar staff friendly and efficient.but I cannot praise enough the entertainment team dasha liana Courtney ? Tuva a really funny lady who could dance! Badri cannot remember everone

Room Tip: We had a room on the right wing low floor overlooking the fair we did not like the balcony which was...
3 Thank Nana N
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We travelled to Royal Wings in begining of August for 10days with our family. (4 adults : 48-42-15-16). It's our 2nd time to this hotel, we were there last year too. Royal Wings is perfect. Between the animation all day long and the shows in the evening and the excellent food, you have no time to be bored. The animation team are excellent. They make you feel one of them and are so entertaining and joyful that you can't not be happy and want to participate. They talk you, laugh with you, are always somewhere around and are just Hilarious persons and close to the heart. Then, comes the evening shows. Every night its a different one, and you always want more. The hotel brings to you breathtaking acrobats to mindblowing magicians. Plus the shows that the animation team prepares are just so funny they might make you crack your pants,bring tears to your eyes and you'll never ever forget them - still laughing about that show oh god my mouth still hurts of too much laughing. After every show everynight you can go to the bars and continue the evening there drinking, dancing and laughing. Now, let's talk about the food. To be honest, I gained 3 kilos. The food is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. There is just too many choices too much quantity too much variaty. Every night the menu is different and the buffet room is just huge. PLUS, whole day long there are the tant and the snacks and the menu-restaurant located near the pool. Pizzas, sandwiches, salads, pasta, meat, chicken, fish, fruits, deserts, waffles, drinks, cocktails..... (and soo much more but I won't right it all down it may take till tomorow). You can't not be tempted by all this delicioussness. All you have to do all-day long is rest, eat and have fun. About the rooms, there are confortable and spacious but not that luxurious. This is the perfect place for families, friends, groups and couples. It is heavon on earth. I will never ever hesitate to go back, my summer would be worthless if I don't spend time at Royal Wings. Oh, did I mention that the animation team is AWESOME ? Gotta love them. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much to a advice you to go to Royal Wings hotel ? My rate is 11 !!!

9 Thank Karel R
England
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Ok, first of all let me say a thank you and well done to Thomas Cook. For once the flight from the UK was pretty much on time and my reserved seating wasn't double booked: a good start to the holiday. Even the return flight was only 40 mins late but I class that as 'on time' for TC.

Right then, having arrived in Antalya airport for our 14-day holiday the queue for visas was very long but kept moving so no great shakes. Remember that you will need £10 per person for the visas but it no longer must be in crisp £10 notes; £20 notes are fine and you will get the change if required but maybe not necessarily in sterling. They also accept US dollars ($).

The transit time to the hotel is less than 30 minutes as we had no other drop-offs to do. On arrival the hotel looks fine but has no 'Wow' factor, unlike its sister hotel the Royal Dragon further down the coast and which I have reviewed previously. Having said that, it is almost a mirror image by layout but has less style in the foyer area.

I had booked 3 double rooms for the holiday as we wanted my wife and me in one room, with our son and his friend in a second one and our daughter with her cousin in the third. I had taken the precaution of emailing the hotel 5 days prior to our holiday just to confirm they understood the booking I had made and to avoid any potential nightmare of only having 2 rooms and having to share with 2 teenage boys! The hotel replied within hours saying they had received the email and would make a note to ensure all went well and on arrival it was. Whether the email made any difference I don't know but a bit of 'belt and braces' does no harm.

The rooms were certainly large enough as each came with a double bed, a single bed, a sofa and a desk. They also had a safe (free) and a mini-bar which has various free drinks and is restocked once per day. The TV has only 3 channels in English but that's no problem as we only used it to check the news for the Olympics results. There is also a hair dryer in each bathroom. The balcony is large enough for 2 people to sit comfortably and has small fold-out bars for hanging damp clothing on to dry. As mentioned in another review all sea-view rooms have odd numbers so if you book one and at the check-in are given a key to a room with an even number be warned! The aircon is very good and is individually controlled. Room service is daily and towels are exchanged if you leave them in the bath. Plenty of shower gels, shampoos, and conditioners are left each day by the cleaners for your use.

There is very little around the hotel area apart from a few shops selling the usual items of leather goods/beach wear/jewellery etc. There are 2 chemists within 3 minutes walk of the hotel - one to the left and one to the right. They speak excellent English and are very helpful. If you leave the hotel and turn right towards the shops there is a travel agency which we used on 3 occasions. The owner speaks reasonable English and offers good deals on the same excursions Thomas Cook offer but about 5 - 8 Euros cheaper per person. We had no problem with any booking and was glad we used him as it was a bit more personalised than with TC.

As to the rest of the holiday I can only suggest reading my review of the Royal Dragon from 2009 as I would only be repeating it here. The only thing I would change is that the evening entertainment in the amphitheatre at the Royal Wings was particularly poor compared to the Royal Dragon with the exception of the magician (I'm genuinely still baffled at some of his tricks) and the 'Drummers'. Both of these acts came from outside the hotel rather than the in-house entertainment crew, although the crew did produce a surprisingly enjoyable Michael Jackson tribute evening, and I'm no great fan of Michael J.

One final point I will make is that the staff at the hotel were not the most pleasant I've ever met, particularly those who work in the bar-side food stalls. A smile wouldn't hurt them and can make your day a bit better too.

If we hadn't been to the Royal Dragon first we would rate this hotel and the holiday as 5-stars, but in comparison to that hotel the Royal Wings loses out slightly. It's certainly worth going to and is immaculately clean inside and out......., it's just not the Royal Dragon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts as people gather there and it gets very noisy in the evenings/mor...
6 Thank Happytravellerman