“Great week away”
Review of Royal Wings Hotel

Royal Wings Hotel
Ranked #2 of 235 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 1 September 2014

havent been to Lara Beach area before and was not disappointed-transfer is only 20mins by shuttle.
Hotel was fantastic with excellent food,facilities and entertainment--hotel was spotless and everywhere clean.
A la carte restaurants were excellent and food choice in buffet restaurants was varied.
Entertainment day and night was great.
No need to leave hotel for anything except a walk over the road to visit the local shops for a haggle.

would definitely revisit and will be back next year-

Many thanks to Hasib the manager and his hardworking staff.

Room Tip: sea view without doubt
4  Thank JohndebLiverpool
Write a ReviewReviews (2,158)

Reviewed 1 September 2014

my wife and I have just returned on the 31 of august 2014 from the fabulous royal wings hotel.... Well were do I start, this was out first visit to turkey and we are so pleased we booked this hotel.. my wife is very fussy and has high standards as I do and this meet all out expectations, after a long flight from Glasgow to the hotel we arrived on the 23/8/14 and 9.30pm and check in took 2 minutes and the staff were very helpful and friendly... there was champagne ad fresh lemonade for us to help ourselves too which was a nice touch as they temps was in the 30's... first impression of the lobby was wow and very clean, the bell boy took our cases to our room and our holiday begun, the night we arrived was the royal wings garden party which absolutely amazing, the hotel grounds were massive and well laid out, plenty of bars and food areas to eat you will never hungry and thirsty... my wife is a plain eater and always found plenty to eat the food courts was a very good touch as well, never had a problem getting a sun lounger at the activities pool at 10 am and even the other pool areas you could find plenty at 9.30 as there was a sign out explaining not to put towels on loungers before 9am so any other reviews telling you it was hard to find ones was rubbish.... we both loved the animation team as they worked so hard their interaction all guests makes you very welcome and involved, their English is pretty good, pool areas, bar area, beach area all spotless and staff very friendly and always cleaning but it can be slippy at busy times o do be careful if you have kids with you... people say the hotel shops are very expensive and they can be but you need to haggle as my wife did and she got some good bargains.. main restaurant at breakfast time can be very funny as its very busy and my wife witness an altercation between two woman at the toaster arguing who's toast was going in first... food was always hot and Luke warm as in previous reviews, a nice touch was the midnight buffet as you could get salads etc. but always spag bol and more off the menu.. can only comment the Italian ala carte restaurant as this was only one we went too and the food/service was excellent..one thing we notice in this hotel a small tip goes along way, the alcohol selection within this hotel is good quality we were able to get branded Bacardi, vodka, JD, baileys and many more. my wife and I would like to give special mention and thank you to Alex from the animation team as he was fantastic, and my wife would like to say big hello and thank you, sorry we cant remember the guys name but its the one that took the darts every day he was very funny and great at his job.. one final comment from us Michelle and michael "WE LOVE ROYAL"

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank duffm2013
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Everything about this hotel is good, food and drinks plentiful, you may pay a little extra but it's well spent. There's a few shops outside this hotel, however there are buses outside to take to into Antalya, I've stayed here twice, I've also been to one of there other hotels called royal dragon again with this hotel it's good. If your wanting premium drinks go to barut Lara or delphine diva as I've been to both, I'm off to baia Lara in October so will let you all know. There are a lot of European guests, I've never had any complaints re: Russians lol they can be quite loud but then again so can the British.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alicea1971
Reviewed 1 September 2014

What an amazing place this hotel is. I went in 2011 with my boyfriend and another couple. I can honestly say I have never experienced anything like this in my life. The entire hotel is amazingly spotless (I'm a bit of a clean freak), and the staff are just out of this world. There is so much food to select from, so picky eaters need not worry!

I have read a couple of poor reviews about the staff at this hotel, which makes me a little sad (hence why I am writing a review now). The ladies in my party were treated like queens, and the gents Kings. The staff couldnt possibly have done anymore for us! Myself and my Boyfriend went alone to the nightclub one night, and because of the time of year we went, we were the only people in there (except the staff). We danced the nights/morning away with the staff, and had the night of our lives. One day we wanted to go to the market on a local bus, but we didnt know how to. One member of staff met us ON HIS DAY OFF, took us to the bus stop, got on the bus with us at a discounted rate (must of known the driver) and stayed on the bus until we got to our stop. What an absolute gent.

Last year I went to Mexico, 5* Star All Inclusive, but it had NOTHING on this place. We stayed for one week (wasnt enough) and during our time they were builing the sister hotel, Royal Holiday Palace. We had an invite half way through our stay to go stay at that hotel, free of charge. We didnt take them up on this offer purley because we had a few days left and couldnt be bothered to pack!

Last week we went to Thomas Cook to book our holiday for this month, but it was SO hard because we were comparing it to this holiday. FINALLY booked one...so we wil be returning to Lara Beach this month! This time we are trying the Royal Holiday Palace, and if its anything like this one...Wow. Talk about setting the bar high!

Thank You Royal Wings!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lorren P
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I don't usually write reviews but in this instanse i feel i should as if was not for the reviews i previously read i would not have chosen Royal Wings for my holiday hotel destination.

The hotel is very clean, up to date, the staff CAN speak english and all were very pleasant and showed my son a great deal of attention and affection.

The food was good i have stayed in a few all inclusive and the buffets were not nice but i was able to eat something 3 times a day and feel full and satisfied.
The waiters were a God send with drinks and clearing up and i never had to leave my son unattended.

The pool was great and the unlimited drinks saved us as it was scorching outside, esp between 11-4. The lady on the skated rolling around giving drinks was a great idea too!!

The hotel was very kid friendly and the snack bars were relish!! My partner and I could not wait for the kebab bar to open and my son loved the pizza and Ice cream and lets not forget the slush puppies!!

Mini bar restocked daily and the cleaners came daily also.

I had an amazing time and would recommend this holiday to anyone that is interested in going to Turkey.

If ur a drinker, the unlimited alcohol is the icing on the cake!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor prior to arrival.
5  Thank Mai K
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This is an amazing hotel, the rooms are spacious with a fridge stocked daily, a large balcony with amazing views.
The pool and grounds are huge so there is plenty of room for everyone, there is a vast selection of food with themed nights. There are shops, and a games room and the staff were very polite and helpful.
I can't wait to go back here x

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Becci W
Reviewed 29 August 2014

we are a family of 2 adults and 2 children. We had the pleasure of staying at royal wings for 7 nights from the 20th august.

i don't really know where to begin. The grounds of this hotel are amazing and vast and exceptionally well cared for. The place was so clean, there were always cleaners moping and picking up rubbish, you had to be careful not to leave your drink on the table for long otherwise it would end up in the bin!

The pool is vast with a depth of 1.4m, there are lots of stairs etc for little kids to sit and play on. Lots of sun loungers around the pool although if you wanted them right beside the pool you did have to get round the pool by 8:30ish, wasn't a problem for us as y husband went down to the pool while i got the kids dressed and sorted for breakfast. The area around the pool is slippy but children should not be running beside a pool anyway, there was rubber matting around the pool which provided grip as long as you walked on it. The animation crew were brilliant with the kids and the water survivor session went down a treat with my kids. My eldest (8yrs) was able to do a trial scuba dive in the hotel pool which was free.

The water park was the highlight of our holiday. The slides were amazing and the staff so friendly. they got to know my kids by name and really looked out for them. watching people coming down the red and blue slides was amusing as they tried to create the biggest splashes they could. The lazy river was more of a non moving river but the kids loved the canoes so no issues there. The wave pool was fabulous and not to deep that the kids could use it safely.

The funfair consists of a pirate ship, was actually quiet surprised how high it went, a ferris wheel, a carousel, some chairaplanes and some trampolines which were a huge hit.

the food choices in the hotel were emmense, loads to chose from. The cocktail choice was even better and as I'm writing this i am craving a bellini! the hotel had fresh lemonade and champagne on arrival.

The room we had was very large, we were upgraded to a whirlpool suite which was amazing. the only issue we had was the beds provided for the children which were very lumpy and not suitable for sleeping on. The hotel did replace them with 2 proper single beds but we did have to wait 2 nights till they became available. The minibar had orange, coke, beer and water but no wine which was a pain as that is what i drank. In the end i just stopped off at the cocktail bar on the way to the room and took some cocktails up to the room.

we were there when there was and earthquake. I have to say it was a bit freaky as we had no idea what was going on. The bed was moving and the connecting door rattling. we were on the 6th floor. My husband went out onto the balcony and saw that the hotel was moving. It didn't last that long and everything continued as normal. When i spoke with staff in the morning they told us it was a very minor one and that they get hundreds a year. Certainly not big enough to have to evacuate the hotel or sound an alarm! The hotel is designed to withstand an earthquake and that is why it moves, I'm pretty shocked at the review from the previous person who said that the hotel moving was a bad thing. We had friends who were in the pool bar when it happened and never felt a thing, thats how minor it was.

My son was ill while we were there with a nasty ear infection. we had to visit the doctor twice in the hotel and i cannot fault them. They were kind and compassionate and oh how we breathed a sigh of relief when they cleared him to fly! i wouldn't have minded staying a few more days if i could be guaranteed staying at royal wings but that wasn't the case with the insurance company. The hotel gave us a late check out free of charge as he spent most of 2 days sleeping.

Some staff did struggle to understand english but i always found that they would go and find someone who could. We did experience people (have to ay mainly british) being very rude to the staff which won't do anyone any favours. You can't go to another country and expect everyone to speak english, the turkish people don't come to london and expect everyone to speak turkish because its a tourist area. Some of the staff went above and beyond to make sure they served you well.

The shop inside the hotel is extremely expensive and resulted in me having a bit of an argument over the price of some well known headphones which were made in turkey! There is a mall across the road which is so much more reasonable. My son forgot his goggles so we went to get him some from the shop in the hotel and was told 40 euros! we got some for 8 in the end.

The evening entertainment was hit and miss but to be honest its not our bag anyway. it didn't start till 9:45pm and some of it wasn't suitable for children under 12. We much prefer sitting in the pool bar listening to music enjoying a few drinks and letting the kids mingle with other kids.

There is so much to praise about this hotel that i am sure i have missed some things out. We have already priced up 2 weeks next year and will only be a matter of time before we book to go back. All in all an amazing holiday. We normally go to florida but my children are adamant that the royal wings was better than the hotels we have stayed at on disney property!! I'm not going to argue with that as its much cheaper to take them to turkey!

Book it, you will not regret it. Truly amazing
g.

Room Tip: we had a sea view room, the land view rooms looked onto apartments which wasn't the best view.
10  Thank mrsmagooo