“Fantastic Again!!”
Review of Barut Lara

Barut Lara
Ranked #1 of 235 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Our family of 4 have just returned from our fourth stay at The Barut Resort and Spa and again we all had a fantastic holiday. I never believed in returning to the same hotel as my previous experiences have always left me disappointed but I can assure you the Barut is different. So much so, that my 18 year old daughter is begging me to book us another holiday at The Barut this year! We have always found the hotel to be safe, clean & spotless, the service outstanding and the staff so friendly.......and it was the same on this occasion.The animation team really make the holiday if you are willing to participate in the numerous activities that are organised throughout the day. We wish to give a special thank you to Bonus, Mahir, Nuri and Durkan for giving that bit extra and making us laugh and smile on so many occasions. I feel by not mentioning the others that I am doing them a disservice as they all work so hard.
The food is always of a high standard with a varied choice to cater for anyone. The a la carte restaurants provide a quieter dining experience and table service although the buffet always provides plenty of variety. My wife and I particularly enjoyed having fresh fish for lunch whilst looking across the beach out to sea.
The rooms are of a good size and very comfortable and I would recommend you bring a couple of DVD's to play if you want to put your feet up and escape the sun for an hour or so.
I would encourage the hotel to invest further in the evening entertainment and to continue music in the lobby bar beyond 10pm.
Lara Beach is not the resort for you if you want to walk about in the evening visiting different bars, clubs and restaurants as it comprises of a strip of large luxury self contained hotels. Everything is based in the hotel and the Barut is a fantastic base for a quality and relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: A west facing room is best as you can enjoy the evening sunset on your balcony
6  Thank CP1963
Write a ReviewReviews (3,752)

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We have just visited this hotel for 2 weeks for the Easter holidays for our 6th time, and for the 6th time we have had an excellent holiday.

We were also very fortunate with the weather (only a couple of cloudy days, with rain on the day we came home) the temperature was in the mid 20's - just perfect.

There have been some improvements since our last visit, such as the new seating area in the indoor ampitheatre - much better! And the pool towels seem to have grown! The one change for the worse is the charge for the internet (3TL per hour).

Would also like to mention the excellent staff - old and new - who make our holiday extra special. They would go 'the extra mile' to be helpful to everyone and if they shake their tip glass infront of you, they are NOT asking for a tip but simply for change into notes, as they cannot bank coins.

Once again we have had a fantastic holiday with friends and animation staff who we have met over the years, and we will be booking again for next Easter for number 7!

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to help.

Room Tip: If you are in a standard room in the main hotel, request a room overlooking the indoor pool as they...
6  Thank ValC1202
Reviewed 15 April 2012

have stayed in lara beach for the last 4 out of 5 easter hols , twice in royal wings and once in limak lara, was expecting this hotel to be much better than those hotels after reading the reviews,and in terms of rooms and pool area they are much the same, but what makes this hotel great is the service, the staff are very friendly and quick to serve you, they also serve international drinks if you care,( i'm not that bothered) although they serve a great local rose wine, and the a la carte restaurants are very good, managed to eat in them 5 nights out of 7 and there is no extra charge as there is in some of the hotels. the main buffet restaurant is ok although there was more choice in the other hotels we've stayed in you certainly wont go hungry! only gripe would be maybe a bit more live music in the lobby bars, they were a bit soul-less and too brightly lit for the evening, and as it is april, not all the restaurants and facilities are open as is the same in all the hotels, may be different in high season but all in all would definitely recommend the barut and would stay there again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YAJ_11
Reviewed 15 April 2012

First off, let me temper your expectations - Antalya is a city with a rich past and a vibrant old town. To soak up that atmosphere, this is NOT the hotel for you. If you are, however, making a trip with family and are of a less intrepid nature when it comes to dining, want to laze by a pool and a pleasant beach and do not mind package tourists and theme shows, this will do very nicely.

Service was top notch as were food options - while very good, won't be anyone's idea of a culinary adventure. Located 30mins from old town, your excursions are set to a fixed schedule.

So why, you ask, did I rate this place 5 stars? I made this trip with family and they took excellent care of them, especially my 3 year old daughter. The rooms were well appointed with a special lounge reserved if you book a suite. Well done.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelvin71
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I am posting this review sometime after my stay, having sampled all inclusive elsewhere, I rememebered how good this hotel was and it deserves a review. Brilliant weather, lovely beach, plenty of activities, good food and very clean. Only moan would be that the bed was rather hard, but the room was otherwise comfortable and spacious. A busy, lively resort maybe not to everyones taste, but all ages catered for.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank latedeal11
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My husband my 2 year old daughter, my mum and myself were looking for 5* luxury and wow did we find it in abundance!

We had a 2 bedroom apartment, so luxurious! 2 bathrooms kitchen and living area, plenty of room fir the 4 of us.

Food was delicious, the barbecue on the beach is a must! Plenty of choice in the buffet style restaurant, very high standards!

Bars fantastic and my little girl loved the mini disco. All staff couldn't do enough for you!

I've never stayed in the same hotel twice but have to break the rule this time!

Enjoy!!!x

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Ali_bec_83
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed at the Barut Lara for a week at easter 2012, we stayed in a two bed residence which was brillant, one of the best rooms i have stayed in, loads of space and very clean. The weather was ok some sun and clouds and very windy but we still managed a couple of days sunbathing. In some other reviews they say how friendly the staff were we didn't find this very often, a couple of waitresses that gave you a nod and the odd member of the animation team but that was about it. The food in the main restaurant was just ok, not much choice compared to other hotels we've stayed at. Food during the day was good and lots of places to eat pizza, burgers, baked potates waffels ect, there was even waiter service at one of the outside lunch restaurants which was nice. The lobby bar was lovely with waiter service, sometimes you got the drink you asked for and sometimes you didn't, and the cola was always flat...yuk. One thing that really annoyed us was on our first night one of the waiters shook his tip glass at us, he hadn't even served us and i had already tipped the girl that had been, we all found this very rude. They had a pianist playing every night, not really our thing, and the night club wasn't much better, we were very glad our friends were with us or we would have been bored, maybe a good hotel for pensioners not for us. All in all we enjoyed our holiday but maybe because it was out of season and possibly it would be better in the summer. Still looking for that perfect hotel, just not found it yet.

Room Tip: Residence rooms were lovely with loads of space and a lovely pool area.
4  Thank jacqui019