“My review of the best place I have ever been!”
Review of Barut Lara

Barut Lara
Ranked #1 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Colchester, England, United Kingdom
“My review of the best place I have ever been!”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I am only 13 but I love this place so much the 2 weeks we have had here were amazing we have been here 4 times and are coming again in 2012. The Food is the best and there us something for everyone, the rooms are spectacular. As I'm a swimmer I lve to be in the pool and it is great to choose from because there are5 large pools to chose from, the night club is amazing and the staff are very very happy and cheerful. But the people that make it all worth while are the animation team, they are the best bonus and marteinez are amazing and made my holiday great. Amazing place and looking falward to this year.

Room Tip: Send an email in Turkish and compliment them and ask for what room you would like!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Phoebe C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We went on the 31st March for 2 weeks and had a superb holiday yet again.
I feel I should say that after reading some of the reviews people should maybe consider what they paid for their holiday and you cannot compare an Easter holiday with a summer holiday.Food choice at Easter when the outside food stands are not in operation may mean choice is slightly limited.
That said we only dined 4 times in the buffet, both Monday's for the Turkish buffet night which we love, once to dine with our son's friend and family to celebrate his 18th Birthday and also on the evening we left and the choice of food was good and we were spoilt for choice so not sure the lack of choice comments are justified. All Al a Cartes are all inclusive and we dined 10 evenings in them and no silly queues to book them.
We arrived to find we had been upgraded as a repeat guest to a Junior Suite and the first room was not a family suite with doors to make the bedroom private but we were then offered a ground floor family suite room 2607 which normally we would not choose but it turned out to be a great room with regard to location and excellent terrace with late afternoon sun. Last year we had paid for a Suite and had all the lovely extras and thought we might miss having the executive lounge but with the superb weather we did not find this to be the case.

ROOM
Room as stated was excellent and our maid did an excellent job each day. Mini bar filler took note of our request for Diet coke and added extra each day.We had a short walk to the indoor pool, Turunc lunch time dining/bar area and the main buffet Restaurant.We would request this room again.

FOOD
We found that this year the hotel had taken on board comments about the food last year and upped the game. Smoked salmon some mornings and beef bacon on others.Champagne each morning and bucks fizz and even pink Champagne some days.Loads of lovely breads and rolls.
We dined in the buffet a couple of lunch times but also used the food court which had the lovely baked potatoes, pizza's steak or chicken sandwiches, burgers, gozemele, hot dogs, pancakes waffles, ice creams, etc. We also loved the Al a carte lunches at the Turunc with great waiter service. Evenings as stated above we liked to be waited on and dined mostly at the Al a Cartes, the Turkish being our favourite but enjoyed them all.The Turunc is usually our favourite but ony opened in the evening as we came home!!

DRINKS
How could anyone find fault with the choice at the Barut Lara?? Every drink imagineable this year and so much more choice. Bottled beers like Becks, Miller, Effes Dark and light readily available at all bars.Nuts served with drinks in the evening. Cocktails freshly made and so much choice. I read the flat coke comment and yes sometimes it was but we just asked for the bottled coke if there was no fizz in the coke in the soft drinks pump and the drink was changed! Simple !

STAFF
The bar staff at the Barut Lara go the extra mile and upsetting to read negative comments about them.We got superb service but then we treat them with respect and once the staff know what you like then your drinks come without even asking. Some of our favourite staff were Teoman who we have befriended since we first went to the Barut Lara and he was then just a trainee. He is now very confident and such a hard worker along with Huseyin on the lobby bar in the evening.Other staff who looked after us were Sefika and Miray at the lobby bar and Gulcan at the pool bar. All the other lovely staff to but to many to name but they deserve praise to.
All areas have great staff and a big thank you to them for looking after us.
Alev in Guest Services always answers questions before departure and they do their best to meet requests.

ENTERTAINMENT AND ANIMATION
When we first arrived the live music was in the lobby bar and we felt it should have been there in the evenings instead of the night club. It moved down to the club once the hotel got busy. Tuesdays duo were great but Thursday were not so great.
The auditorium has had a major re-vamp with comfy cinema style seats and a huge bonus !
We did feel there was a lack of brought in acts this year which was a shame.I think Murat the entertainment Manager is out of touch with what is current and maybe to set in his ways. Hakan is the new Head of animation and only been there 2 months and people were keen to compare him to Blondie but we think he has a more professional approach which may not go down well with everyone but we found him charming if you spoke with him,
Bonus Derya Bakket and Simone and more recently Altan are part of the furniture and always nice to see them. The rest of the animation are new and our favourite was Nuri who is lovely to everyone and we had some fun with him with his English translations!! He would call out Hello my lover when he really meant my love !! Our son now 19 had a great time with all the German friends he made this holiday and from previous holidays and also the repeat English friends he has made over the years there! He loved the late afternoon football with Nuri.
We enjoyed our evenings and had some good evenings there which were lively and once our drinking buddies arrived from 2 years ago we had far to many late nights!

GROUNDS
This is what we love about the Barut Lara and no other hotel in Lara has such a vast expanse of grass and open space and an army of gardeners attend the grounds daily.We love he pool bar which for us is the hub of the hotel during the day and were your roped in to activities ! Crazy darts, boulles, etc. The crazy bar games at midday were fun to watch and we liked the crazy water balloon volleyball.

GUESTS
Lovely mix of age groups with many young families and teens.A nice mix of nationalities and many repeat guests from previous years. We met a couple from Belguim that we met at the Cornelia Deluxe 3 years ago and lovely to catch up with them. Schoolholidays had her elderly father with her and the staff made such a fuss of him and took care of his every need.

SUMMARY
The Barut Lara is still a firm favourite with us and we look forward to another visit and gutted we cannot go next Easter due to my husbands work commitments but maybe 2014 will be possible.
I would like to thank all the staff for the wonderful service we had again this year, they are a real credit to the hotel.
Finally the staff do not go round shaking their glass for tips but merely wanting to exchange their tips for notes and these tips are placed in the tip boxes to be shared between all the staff at a later date.We have never felt that the staff look for tips and they were more than happy with chocolate and a kind word.We wre shown photos on their phones of their babies, boyfriends and even one waitresses showed us her future wedding dress!!

Room Tip: The rooms facing west towards the open land get the best sunshine late afternoon.
19 Thank toady
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Our family of 5 - 2 adults and 3 children 5, 9 & 15 stayed in a Residence Room for 10 nights over easter.
The Residence Room was a fantastic size for us with a large double room with ensuite bath and shower, a twin room, a fold up bed in the living room/kitchen area and then an additional bathroom with a shower. The room is cleaned daily and the mini bar is re-stocked with soft drinks, water and beer. The double bed is huge but we did not like the 2 single duvets on the bed, much prefer 1 duvet.
We had direct access from our room to the Residence Pool which was ideal for our family and such a bonus not getting up at silly o'clock to put the towels out. The lunchtime A la carte was next to us aswell which was open 12.30-3.30 and we loved the menu and service here. There is also a bar which opens from 10.30-3.30, so great for pool drinks.
Our younger children enjoyed Mini/Maxi club and Simon, Mery, Marie are great, but we did not feel that our children were overally welcomed to start with, unlike other hotels we have been to. Our teenager eventually met up with the teenage club, but no set program for them, they just choose what they want to do - thank goodness he had his friend there from the beginning is all I can say.
The main restaurant is quite calm compared to others we have been to and there is a good choice and all very fresh. We visited all 3 evening A la cartes that were open and the Aldeniz Meditteranean was definitely our favourite. However no children are allowed under 12, so the mini buffet from 6.30pm was ideal for us as you leave the children and pick them up at Mini Disco 8.30-9pm. We also loved the lunchtime Jacket Potatoes, steak sandwiches outside at lunchtime.
Unlike other people we felt that the animation team was poor especially compared to Limak Lara. I went to Zumba 6 times during our stay and the routines did not change and not once did the instructor speak to me or acknowledge me during our holiday :-( My husband did go to Archery a few times and said the instructor was very good.
The evening entertainment was in the indoor amphi theatre which was very comfortable but again we tended to go upstairs to the lobby bar, as Mr&Mrs, Miss/Mr Barut is not our thing. There is a pianist in the lobby bar but only for a short time and they could benefit from some more upbeat/live music. The waitress drinks service can be hit and miss but once you get to know a few of them, they do keep asking if you want refils.
We did go to the "nightclub" but Chas n Dave were not our cup of tea ;-)
I have to say that we went to the jewellers onsite "Argos" and we visited there factory in Antalya, where I had my eternity ring designed - so don't be put off by Mehmet asking if you want to go the factory it really is worth a visit and as always they are open to "negociation".
We did have a fab holiday, the no "free" wifi was annoying but we coped. But we were so glad our friends Jacqui19 were there and we met some other lovely families, who I know we will stay in touch with.
Any questions please ask

Room Tip: The 2 bed residence rooms are great and brilliant for families
8 Thank mummymack
Maidstone,Kent
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Our family of 4 have just returned from our fourth stay at The Barut Resort and Spa and again we all had a fantastic holiday. I never believed in returning to the same hotel as my previous experiences have always left me disappointed but I can assure you the Barut is different. So much so, that my 18 year old daughter is begging me to book us another holiday at The Barut this year! We have always found the hotel to be safe, clean & spotless, the service outstanding and the staff so friendly.......and it was the same on this occasion.The animation team really make the holiday if you are willing to participate in the numerous activities that are organised throughout the day. We wish to give a special thank you to Bonus, Mahir, Nuri and Durkan for giving that bit extra and making us laugh and smile on so many occasions. I feel by not mentioning the others that I am doing them a disservice as they all work so hard.
The food is always of a high standard with a varied choice to cater for anyone. The a la carte restaurants provide a quieter dining experience and table service although the buffet always provides plenty of variety. My wife and I particularly enjoyed having fresh fish for lunch whilst looking across the beach out to sea.
The rooms are of a good size and very comfortable and I would recommend you bring a couple of DVD's to play if you want to put your feet up and escape the sun for an hour or so.
I would encourage the hotel to invest further in the evening entertainment and to continue music in the lobby bar beyond 10pm.
Lara Beach is not the resort for you if you want to walk about in the evening visiting different bars, clubs and restaurants as it comprises of a strip of large luxury self contained hotels. Everything is based in the hotel and the Barut is a fantastic base for a quality and relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: A west facing room is best as you can enjoy the evening sunset on your balcony
6 Thank CP1963
South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We have just visited this hotel for 2 weeks for the Easter holidays for our 6th time, and for the 6th time we have had an excellent holiday.

We were also very fortunate with the weather (only a couple of cloudy days, with rain on the day we came home) the temperature was in the mid 20's - just perfect.

There have been some improvements since our last visit, such as the new seating area in the indoor ampitheatre - much better! And the pool towels seem to have grown! The one change for the worse is the charge for the internet (3TL per hour).

Would also like to mention the excellent staff - old and new - who make our holiday extra special. They would go 'the extra mile' to be helpful to everyone and if they shake their tip glass infront of you, they are NOT asking for a tip but simply for change into notes, as they cannot bank coins.

Once again we have had a fantastic holiday with friends and animation staff who we have met over the years, and we will be booking again for next Easter for number 7!

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to help.

Room Tip: If you are in a standard room in the main hotel, request a room overlooking the indoor pool as they...
6 Thank ValC1202
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2012

have stayed in lara beach for the last 4 out of 5 easter hols , twice in royal wings and once in limak lara, was expecting this hotel to be much better than those hotels after reading the reviews,and in terms of rooms and pool area they are much the same, but what makes this hotel great is the service, the staff are very friendly and quick to serve you, they also serve international drinks if you care,( i'm not that bothered) although they serve a great local rose wine, and the a la carte restaurants are very good, managed to eat in them 5 nights out of 7 and there is no extra charge as there is in some of the hotels. the main buffet restaurant is ok although there was more choice in the other hotels we've stayed in you certainly wont go hungry! only gripe would be maybe a bit more live music in the lobby bars, they were a bit soul-less and too brightly lit for the evening, and as it is april, not all the restaurants and facilities are open as is the same in all the hotels, may be different in high season but all in all would definitely recommend the barut and would stay there again

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank YAJ_11
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 April 2012

First off, let me temper your expectations - Antalya is a city with a rich past and a vibrant old town. To soak up that atmosphere, this is NOT the hotel for you. If you are, however, making a trip with family and are of a less intrepid nature when it comes to dining, want to laze by a pool and a pleasant beach and do not mind package tourists and theme shows, this will do very nicely.

Service was top notch as were food options - while very good, won't be anyone's idea of a culinary adventure. Located 30mins from old town, your excursions are set to a fixed schedule.

So why, you ask, did I rate this place 5 stars? I made this trip with family and they took excellent care of them, especially my 3 year old daughter. The rooms were well appointed with a special lounge reserved if you book a suite. Well done.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family