“Still the best!”

Ranked #1 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
London
“Still the best!”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We have just returned from 2 weeks at Barut Lara. We visited last May and was so impressed by this Hotel that we decided that we wanted to return there this year again.

I must admit, I had reservations that the second time round may not be as good as the first, but my concerns were quickly forgotten and it exceeded my expectations and I can honestly say that it was perfect from start to finish.

The management of this hotel is very clever. They emphasise highly on giving each guest a personal service, which they achieve effortlessly. The service at this hotel in my experience cannot be matched.

We were allocated a room in the main building on the 4th floor and it was amazing. The room was immaculate and the view of the hotel grounds and sea was amazing. The rooms are spacious and modern.

I contacted the hotel prior to travel and asked if they could arrange for a birthday cake for my husband and also make a reservation at one of their Al a carte restaurants for the night of his birthday. I was immediately contacted by Alev from guest relations who confirmed that this had been done for me. On the evening of my husbands birthday, they had laid petals all over the restaurant and table for my husband and placed our table in its own section and the birthday cake they presented was amazing.

Unbeknown to me, my husband had also contacted the hotel prior to departure and advised them that we were also celebrating our Wedding Anniversary whilst we were away and they had arranged for a huge bouquet of flowers, chocolates and wine in our room upon arrival. They really do take huge pride in making their guests feel special.

The food in every restaurant we ate was amazing as it was last year we visited.

We were travelling with our 10 year old son and the animation/entertainment team were amazing with him. Not only did they remember him by name from the year before, they made his holiday so much fun, that he actually cried when we had to leave. The whole team are extremely hard working and Martinez, Bonus, Altan, Nuri and Hakan are the most talented people I have ever experienced in a hotel. They are constantly working to make your holiday one to remember without being over the top or making you feel uncomfortable.

The swimming pools and grounds are immaculate and the entertainment isfirst class. We were lucky to experience the beach party on our last night and it was fantastic. The firework display was incredible and the foam party afterwards was as much fun for my 44 year old husband as it was for my 10 year old son.

All I can say is, try this hotel and you will see exactly what I mean. Seeing and experiencing it is believing it. We will return again in October to celebrate my birthday and again next year for the same two weeks.

It is true what they say, if you find paradise, why change it!

Barut Lara is in a whole different category to other 5 star hotels and as an overall holiday, I genuinely cannot fault it in any way.

Room Tip: I have stayed in the garden suites building and in the main building and both are quiet and excellen...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank tarkanlouise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
west midlands
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Visited the hotel between 26 May to 1 June. This was our 3rd visit and the best, we have travelled here before in April and October. Weather was definately the best and lovely to see everything open.

The service seemed better than ever. We went to 3 A la Carte Restaurants, the Arkdeniz, Turunc and Fish and they were really good. Buffet was good but the quality was slightly lower than in October last year. Unfortunately the gala night was cancelled, they had all worked so hard to make the gardens beautiful and then we had a terrible thunderstorm, so disappointed, got cancelled last year as well. We will return hopefully and see it one day. I was drinking Southern Comfort all week at the pool bar which was no problem at all, but had two Southern Comforts from different bottles at the lounge bar (one from new bottle) and these drinks were definately not Southern Comfort and totally undrinkable.

We emailed the hotel and was given the same room as last year which we loved the view of the pool from. We used the 1GB of free internet which gave me access to facebook and emails and never went over the amount.

The entertainment had not changed, a bit disappointing, the Moscow Kids Circus was definately the best show. Could do with more like that.

We had a very enjoyable week and especially the games of Boccia with the lovely German guests, we had such fun with them even though we could not always speak the same language. A special thank you to entertainer Bakit who made our holiday, we hope to return soon.

Really want to thank all the staff, they work very hard and are always there for anything you want. We hope to return either again this year or definately next year.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank kaznjoe
Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I adored this place and is still my fav holiday destinination.

Food, drink, room and Service 5*

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chaplink
Leeds, England
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We visited Barut Lara between 17th May and 31st May 2012 for the second time and loved it even more than our first visit.
We were a group of five, my wife, my 2 year old daughter, my mum, dad and myself (same as last year). As repeat guests we were offered an upgrade to a "Big Residence", which is 2 bedrooms with their own bathrooms, but you also get a living area and kitchenette and the balcony is larger. We had a look around the room and decided to accept the upgrade due to the extra room for our 2 year old and we would all still have our own privacy from our seperate rooms. In hindsight we would all make the same decision again.
The Buffet starts at 7pm, but there is a children's buffet that starts at 6.30pm. We didn't use this, but we did go in and it looked well equipped for the children including a tv to keep them entertained. We found the food in the buffet restaurant to be of a very good standard with a wide variety of foods.
We really like the a La Carte restaurants and feel that you are spoiled for choice at this hotel. The Akdeniz (over 16's) was our favourite, but we also dined in the Sofa Restaurant, Turkish Restaurant and Barbeque. A bit of advice, if you book the Sofa please check the menu as it is a Set Menu. Last year the Barbeque restaurant was closed as it was April, but we went 3 times this year and found it very enjoyable and novel. You are still waitered for your drinks, but you are then provided with a barbeque that is ready to go. Choose from a wide selection of meats in the fridge and off you go.
Booking - We would usually go to the desk about 10am and found that we could book for 3-4 days in advance, not sure why some people couldn't based on previous reviews as we could also do this last year so for us nothing has changed.
Drinks
My wife and mum really enjoyed the cocktails (again) and my dad and I drank the bottled beers, which are Becks, Miller, Efes, Efes Light and Efes Dark. All worth a try to find the one you like!
We found the service to be excellent once again. Waiters are friendly and efficient and you very rarely have an empty glass even on very busy nights
Grounds
As plenty of reviews have already stated, the grounds are lovely and you definitely have a sense of space due to the size and layout of the hotel, plenty of grass for the children to play on and there is a children's play area also.
Entertainment
This was improved from last year as we saw some professional type shows E.g. Moscow Kids Circus, which was very good. There was also live music at the Melton Pool Bar on Tue, Thu and Sat, which was good to watch some very dodgy dancing at times!
Tips
We did give tips, but never felt obliged to and never felt that the quality of service differed based on those tips. As I have seen on a previous review, I can also confirm that if you see a tip glass it is because they would like to change coins for a note as they cannot use coins at the bank.
Internet
Last year there was free wifi in reception (which was inconsistent and kept dropping) and also free pcs that you could go on. This year you have to pay for the pc's, but the wifi has been upgraded which I feel is excellent. On your device you have the option of 3 packages, 1gb for free, 5gb and 10gb which you had to pay for. I'm not sure of price as I only wanted the 1gb.
If you are using a smartphone then I would think the free 1gb option is adequate unless possibly it's a work phone and you're sending and receiving emails constantly. The reason the changes are excellent is that the availability is now much better, we could get internet at the Melton Pool Bar, which is in the middle of the resort. The Residence pool area, which meant we could access this internet in our room and also the lobby area. There may be other areas too.
Special Mentions
Basak - reception, Orhan - Waiter in Akdeniz, Abdullah - Waiter at Sofa, Gulcan - Waiter at Melton Pool Bar, Bristan - Waiter at Kumul and Sefika - Our favourite drinks waiter who worked at Lobby Bar and Melton Pool Bar.
Last year we booked hotel with Travel Republic and flights with Thomas Cook, this year we booked the whole package with Thomas Cook as it was cheaper. As always, shop around.
Would definitely visit again, it's not a cheapholiday, but we feel that it is still good value for money as long as it stays at this price point.
Please feel free to ask any questions.

Room Tip: If you have booked a standard room then email within 14 days of going and ask to be facing the mount...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank apjones
Llangollen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

Just returned from 10 days at the hotel, and it was my first experience of this hotel and country. My girlfriend had stayed here before a few years back with family and after constant talks about how good the hotel was, decided to go. First impressions are very impressive and we were located on the 8th floor, west side of the hotel which gave a great view of the pools, sea and mountains. Rooms are very clean, spacious for 2 people and we were looked after by the housekeeper in keeping our room tidy. The complex is vast, but with pathways everywhere, its easy to get around. The pool areas are fantastic but you have to get those towels on sun beds early for the obvious (european known early risers for putting towels out) reasons. Then the food. There are so many choices. Best hint, get to customer relations in reception and book the a la carte restaurants as soon as you get there. You get a receipt and it feels like you are going somewhere different every night. Our favourite was the Turkish restaurant, but all to be fair were very good. The main buffet style food for breakfast and lunch were excellent. Drinks were offered all the time and service was excellent. We also had spa treatments there which were very good and the amination team we're always very busy. We did not get to see the evening entertainment, as it not our thing, but the service at the poolside bars and main bar in the main building was excellent. The other good thing was free wifi in the main reception and poolside bar, which meant if you were chilling out on the sun beds close by, iPads were able to be used. Weather was good for time of year, a couple of cloudy days but apart from that, it was nice and hot. Also went to Antalya for an excursion, which was very good. Old town of Antalya was very interesting, markets were an experience with extremely dodgy fakes but glad we saw outside the complex.

Overall, had a fantastic time, wanted to stay on, maybe due to the other British guests we met who we chatted to, in the final couple of days. Definitely would recommend and revisit. Thank you for looking after us and will be back next year :-)

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Baileyscud17
Romania
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Looking for warm weather, we've visited Barut Lara Resort in middle February this year. It was our first choice and we didn't regretted it. Nice room, big enough for 2 but what impressed us was the service. Because the hotel was quite full, we didn't expect to be served in the evening at lobby bar so fast (the only bar opened at evening in winter concept) but service was very good, they even remembered our preferred orders. The exceptional point of the hotel was it's service through restaurants and bars but although room was very clean, they didn't replenish our tea, coffee and sugar supply in the room-also the soap and bath/shampoo supply ( in 7 days). Food was enough, but wasn't the best we've seen in Turkey (not so many choices, especially on fruits and sweets - and about sweets, almost the same every day). Green territory, a lot of people working for summer season in the gardens, preparing it. Try the a-la-carte restaurants, because they are exceptional. Nice animation team and although in low season there are not so many willing to go to disco or other activities, they weren't pushy. Beach is large and looks like they do take care of it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank moruzic
Bristol
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We are checking out of the hotel tomorrow and so far it has been pleasant enough. I think your appreciation of this type of resort depends on what type of traveler you are and what other levels of resorts you have stayed in.

We we're in Turkey on business for just one day so for a long-ish flight from Gatwick, we decided to make a bit of a holiday out of it and tacked on 6 extra days.

Please note - we have never stayed in this type of resort before so although me review may come across as negative in places - it is simply because this type of holiday is not for us as a couple.

The hotel seems to be the closet to the airport. It was about 15 minutes and we pre-booked the car from the hotel to collect us for 40 Euros which to be fair, seems a bit steep considering the distance. The hotel lobby was very clean and the staff on the front desk were nice enough.

We only stayed in a standard room which was very clean and simply furnished with a few drinks in the mini bar (which are complimentary). Air conditioning worked great which is what you want in a hot country. Poor shower (over the tub) with what seemed to be a water pressure issue or just a lack of quality fittings. Also the water was never very hot, lukewarm at best and certainly not hot enough to draw a bath. Apart from this our housekeeping carried out a great job every day and the room was cleaned to a high standard. 5/5 here

The all inclusive drink was good - we saw some branded drinks, mostly in the lobby bar area. Captain Morgans available in all bars, Havana Club, JB, Miller Beer, Kaluah. Vodka was house and as were a lot of the other spirits. The local beer Effes is actually pretty good quality and my husband drank it and remarked it was decent.

The Wines included are what I would call 'pub wine' Alright, but again it depends on what you are used to. I only had a glass of red Red two nights and it was okay, like Blossom Hill or similar. If you buy £5-£7 bottles of wine in the UK, you won't have a problem with it. I think they have better wines available in the Al la carte restaurants but not all inclusive. I wouldn't drink a whole bottle of wine and my husband doesn't at all so didn't feel compelled to buy any. Perhaps if you were staying in a group this is more feasible.

The grounds of the hotel are stunning. The gardens are beautiful and very well manicured. The flowers were all out and it really was quite pretty. 5/5

The pools were good but you need to be reserving your bed at 8am on the dot when the pool area opens otherwise you come down 30 mins late and most of the decent ones are taken.

Tried 3 of the al la carte restaurants. The Turkish is the best as other reviewers said. Make sure you book your ALC restaurants ASAP as you can usually only book them the day before. The desk for this opens at 9am and shuts at midday so make sure you note this as the front desk didn't tell us any of this at check in. The other better ALC restaurants was Alkendiz (sp). These restaurants are a good idea to break up the food choices.

Some people commented on the Cats previously and I am not really a cat person but all the cats we're actually very sweet and harmless. Very friendly towards humans and I noticed lots of children stroking them without a problem.

The only activity we tried was archery which was good fun and lasted about 1 hour / 1.5 hours. Again, these activities are nice to break up the day if you are not a fan of sitting around by the pool/on the beach.

We walked down the the beach and it is not a sand beach. When you go onto the beach it is fine grit. as you walk towards the sea it becomes finer. There seems to be a small amount of it which you could call sand and as you walk to the sea it becomes very gritty again. Thankfully the hotel has provided some wooden walkways across the beach for your comfort which was important. I feel however, the beach itself is scruffy and we did not sit there at all during out stay. Nice to have a walk down to but for me, not very idyllic and the seas was not really ideal for swimming in my opinion because of the large waves which I assume is why the hotel has such good pools. Obviously it is a long beach with all these super-huge hotels along it. The sand it too gritty to walk along in bare feet to go and be nosey unfortunate. 2/5

The main buffet is okay. Again, everyone's reviews are down to their personal opinion and what they are used to. We eat out a lot in some very decent restaurants therefore I would really only give the buffet 3/5. Breakfast options are cold meats, cheeses, salads, cereals, some hot options omelets, boiled egg, fried eggs, beef bacon (Note - no pork here as Turkey is a Muslim country) Lunch was probably the weakest mealtime in the buffet, I would love it if the space just had a cafe where you could grab a sandwich or some healthier options that were more exciting that just the salad bar. I would happily pay for this. Dinner again was a rehash of lunch with some better hot options but I feel the food really caters for the German market which is fair enough as the hotel needs to please the majority. We are not fans of buffet type food as a couple. It is amazing to see how much people eat and why they feel the need to stack their plates so high with food. Not a remark on the hotel of course, just an observation.

We did take advantage of the hotels 5 Euro bus to Antaya old town - definitely a good way to see some culture and to get away from the pool, watching super tanned people, slathering on factor 5 tanning oil. The bus takes about 30 minutes and the town is lovely full of ottoman houses and a nice harbour with tour boats. Would recommend doing this.

We have never gone on this sort of all inclusive resort holiday before preferring city/adventure type holidays or luxury beach holidays. Hawaii/Maldives etc and only came because our business bought us to the area.

I am absolutely sure that if you were looking for the type of holiday where you sit by the pool, sunbathe, eat, drink and have no desire to experience any culture of the country you are staying in, then this would be ideal. I just feel resorts like these could be anywhere in the world. Huge resorts with pool in the sun and kids club - well, it could be Spain to be honest.

We both feel we could not stay here for longer that a week because we would get very bored of the food choices and just bored in general (eat - drink - sun- swim - eat - drink - eat - drink - sleep). These type of resort holidays are just not to our taste. Again, not so much a reflection on the hotel - just our personal preference.

All in all, Clean resort, nice staff, nice pools, kid friendly would be great for families. But for me, this is not what I believe to be a 5* Resort. Yes it probably qualifies on things like it has a pool, fitness suite etc but in terms of experience, level of 'exceptional' service, quality of rooms, quality of food options you are looking at 3.5* resort but please note, this is based on the types of places we have traveled to.

Wife: 3/5 Score
Husband: 4/5 Score

Room Tip: You can hear a disco at the other hotel next door at night in basic rooms. Not ridiculously loud but...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business