When you visit 5 star hotel awarded as number 1 in tripadvisor, your expectation are very high, but the reality in this case is that this hotel should be categorized as 4 star hotel, not 5.
We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights, in a deluxe room during the Independence Day celebration in Turkey, and our balance is average. Good and bad things of the hotel.
- Very clean, it seems to be one of main targets of the hotel.
- Swimming pool
- Beach area
- Spacious room
- Room views were great
- Bad quality and variety of food is not enough (despite there are 6 restaurants) the main one is a buffet with very restrictive timing, if your lunch time is not according to Turkish standards then no option.
- We got stomachache the last two days (eating normal quantities), but we are not fully sure if it was due to the quality of foods or something else…
- Staff seems in hurry to finish. If a restaurant opens only two hours (for instance from 19:30 till 21:30) so, why at 21:00 they start to clean and collect foods??. Its bothering people and you find less foods.
- They tried to cheat us with the transportation to the airport. When we asked for a taxi, an official taxi, they brought the car service of the hotel (without the letter of taxi) so when we asked the price the guy said 20euro, which is the official tariff of the hotel to the airport (price by the way to cheat foreigners). But we asked for a Taxi!, we came by taxi and the cost was 35 Turkish lira, more or less, 13 euro, so we were aware of the cost. After a fight finally the brought a taxi (all of this it was done by the receptionist guy "maybe thinking in getting a commission") and the final cost was 37 Turkish lira, almost 14 euro.
- The issue is that they take advantage of foreigners, by offering a smile in front of you but trying to cheat you if it's possible.
- Someone may think, it's normal in all the world this things happen, but I was not expecting to see this from tripadvisor number 1.
- Very old furniture and facilities. However it was good maintained.
- Towels service is not available during one hour 12 to 13. Incredible for a 5 star hotel. And also very restrictive with the usage. Arguing ecological reason, on which they have gold level, sacrificing customer comfort and options. In other 5 star hotels they have already towels in the deck chair.
- Room cleaning service time is late, every day we were in need to ask to be done around 2pm
In summary, if you are used to five star hotels consider this one as 4 with a reasonable price. If you are used to 4 stars you will enjoy this one. However I will never go again.
And finally, I´m wondering how they get tripadvisor award…
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Hotelopia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Barut Lara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barut Lara Hotel Antalya
- Barut Lara Resort Spa And Suites
- Hotel Barut Lara
- Lara Resort Spa
- Barut Lara Turkey