“First time but most certainly will go back!”
Review of Barut Lara

Barut Lara
Ranked #1 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 14 June 2014

After our 7th time in Turkey we have stayed at some lovely hotels we decided to choose another different hotel. Last year we stayed at Sensatori Turkey which is a also a BARUT chain hotel. Our friends mentioned the BARUT LARA as it was the same chain so we booked for end may into June 2014, but were not disappointed by any stretch!

Initially when you see the pictures (we booked online with first choice) the hotel looks small and don't really do it justice in my opinion. It is far from small and the grounds to surrounding area within it are so long and you have so many places to pitch up and chill out!

We chose a sea view and pool view room. We were in the main hotel building as the hotel has 3-4 high blocks within the grounds too which have different views over Antalya.

Having heard about the renovation, we chose the hotel initially on that basis as it would be seemingly new and it is. All new in opinion but I have not stayed previously but cannot easily spot this.

Overall the hotel is well laid out, very clean and always ship shape! our room had a very large walk in power shower (not quite wet room but as big), nice bed although not as big as some 5 star hotels and the only thing was you had 2 separate single bed covers instead of 1 large one. perhaps you can have this changed with the hotel guest relations. Air con was excellent, always cold when you needed it although I think in the middle of the night (approx 4-5 hours) they turn it to a fan and knock off the air con which can be a bit of a problem in the middle of summer I suspect! good mini bar too and well stocked every day with beer, coca cola and diet cola, sprite, Fanta, water (you need this!), fresh juice and sparkling water (although no wine)

As a comparison we went to the Titanic a few hotels down as we had head so much about it. On arrival, it was wow this is impressive i.e. in reception, main bar but going outside the pool area it looked very tired and not as clean or well laid out at the Barut Lara. we didn't stay long an quickly walked back to the Barut!

nearby there is not much to do but we like that. especially as the hotel has so much going on through the day and evening. This is a massively helped by the excellent entertainment / animation team. I don't normally get dragged up to do activities on my holiday but these guys made it so much fun and not a holiday chore of disruption. Key people were Tubu (so lovely, really wanted to talk to you and do whatever she could and had such a nice personality oh and funny laugh.. her favourite words... "Chris Don't touch me!! " note Chris was my friend on holiday not me! :-) ) other key guys were Nemo, Sait, Altan, Ezgi and Yalcin (although the latter two are not there anymore at the hotel I believe as they were heading to Canada at some point)

Bar staff very nice, pool bar was perhaps the best pool bar we have been to. great atmosphere and excellent waiter (or should I say waitress, namely Bengul she was our little Turkish Delight) service.

Tips, we tended to tip quite often for the good service and the staff really appreciated that too. on a return visit you would know the difference of appreciation although not just because you gave them a tip. they truly appreciated it.

Retaurants, well these are probably the best we have eaten in. The main restaurant (buffet self service) is good although we like to choose from a menu with service rather than the hustle and bustle. In fact we booked the a la carte throughout the majority of our stay and I must add having no issues at all booking in. The best restaurants were Asia and Turunc the latter has an excellent steak!

Drinks... wine (white was excellent) along with Rose although Red I wasn't too keen on as I normally drink red. international spirits and beers (becks/Miller) was excellent to have the variety. Although when you do get waiter service I did think I could tell that you received the local variant of spirit even if you did ask the international although I never could confirm this as I wasn't too precious about it. so if you want the specific drink go to the bar yourself to be safe. oh and the beer is EFES on tap which is very nice. we stayed previously at a hotel in turkey and it was terrible like a dark wheat beer, even I couldn't face it!

Beach, was excellent and nice and breezy (you need it in that heat!), not service on the beach but a well positioned beach bar although the beer there was a little gassy but went down well in the heat and sun! :-) they had a jetty although it was small and not many chairs but we didn't have an issue getting a sunbed.. no sunbeds.. around the pool key spots were taken quickly and very early but we could easily find one or move a bed to a secluded grass area which we liked to do. My opinion was that sunbeds were too close to one another but you could move them. Oh they also had comfortable sponge covers on too which I think is key for your back! That said there were new pool "rules" issued a few days before we left whereby if you were not sat on your sunbed within 1 hour of your towel on it then it would be removed! which is a good thing I think as some beds were left most of the day!

now a few very "minor" niggles...

lifts.. difficult to get sometimes as there were only 3 for the main hotel and so many rooms/guests. we took the stairs quite often. ok if you haven't just done 3 miles on the treadmill which we did each day.

Cocktails.. few and far between and not too good really. you can ask for your own just give them the mixture and they will try their best to do it.

Beach is a long way from the main hotel but we liked that as we like to walk around the grounds.

Towel hut.. a bit "jobsworth" and wouldn't let you change towels that often and were strict the rules! we had a couple of moments with them should we say!

Entertainment, the shows were very good although we didn't get to many as we like it around the pool bar so much and there was music every night there outside under the stars dancing like idiots with the animation team. Who always managed to get you up but in a nice way to the dance floor! :-) There we some "special shows" they did and one was an all seasons party where it was placed near the beach with a quality stage, top class professional club DJ and amazing drinks layout/service. The best bit was the four seasons dropped from the stage water, foam (snow), sun etc... amazing had so much fun!

Diving... I am a keen diver and there is a trip with the hotel but takes 1.5-2 hours to get there! so I didn't take them up on it and it was flagged as a beginners dive. That said they did do some diving at the Titanic and I am sure you can book there but from memory it is the waterfall dive (close the airport) and I did that last time I went to Turkey. The sea as usual has nothing to see in it and is invariably choppy sometimes so you cant see anything anyway.

Lovely 2 week holiday and would definitely go back again and recommend for families, friends and couples! for families it is excellent for kids, and little ones although the best ages would be 5-12. we would certainly take ours but they are all older now.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank ashmoss
BarutCRM, Manager at Barut Lara, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Ashmoss,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Barut Lara Hotel and for your very thoughtful feedback. We are very glad to read that our service from your arrival till your departure has been pleasant. Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future to make your next visit unforgetable again.

Yours Sincerely,
CRM, Hotel Management

Write a ReviewReviews (3,742)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We have just returned from 2 weeks here and have had a fantastic stay.I don't understand the negative comments because I couldn't fault the hotel!
Food and drink amazing!
Hotel room fab!
Pool bad beach perfect!
Entertainment staff were brilliant especially Yalcin and Ezgi who were so friendly and made our family feel so welcome from the 1st day we met them! They are a real asset to the hotel!
We look forward to returning again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank RICHELI

Dear Rıcheli,

We would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you were treated with a high service throughout the entirety of your stay. It was a real pleasure to host you.
We are looking forward to welcome you very soon!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We visited Barut Lara for the first time for 10 days. The hotel was beautiful, always very clean and well presented. The food was delicious, there are many A La Carte restaurants which are all free of charge but must book in advance. The pools are beautiful especially when lit up at night time, again always very clean. First hotel I have been to which has never felt overcrowded, the pools was never busy, neither the beach.

The entertainment team really made my stay special, we met a couple Ezgi and Yalcin which really made an effort to make you feel welcome. Yalcin always made the effort to find us and update us on which entertainment was on for the evening and ask how our stay is. Ezgi held water gym in the mornings which I took part in every day, it was fun and really worked you out! We even learnt a little bit of Turkish whilst spending time with these guys.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Michelle S

Dear Michelle,

First of all we would like to thank you for reviewing Barut Lara Hotel.
We are happy that you have spent a lovely time in our hotel and we surely hope that you will visit us once more in the near future!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Booked the Barut Lara Beach this year after celebrating my siver wedding there in 2013. last year's booking was made on the recommendation of my brother and he didn't dissappoint me.
We returned this year for a 1 week break with friends and hoped it was as good. The only words I can use are faultless and magnifcent.
Not only have they improved the facilities which were excellent previously but they have increased choice in the dining experience, the food in all restaurants was exceptional, the service was brilliant and the comfort and cleanliness of the accommodation was terrific.
Our friends were delighted that we had taken them to such a gem of a hotel and I couldn't have believed that they improved upon what I regarded to be the best all inclusive hotel i've ever been in in my life.
All the staff were amazing but some deserve special mention, the pool bar staff, particularly Bengul were so friendly, attentive and helpful and the entratainment team made a 1 week holiday seem like 2 days, we were so dissappointed to be going home.
Mfamily and I have enjoyed over 20 differnt All inclusive holidays in the Med over the years but this Hotel is in another league so when I read other reviews where custemers have a degree of disappointment i have to assume they didn't speak to guest services as in my experience they can fix anything seamlessly
We will certainly return and I must admit to being nervous about posting so glowing a report as the hotekl could get so popular I might not be able to find room availability when i want to go back
If I could award 6 stars I would do so in an instant

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra select a superior or deluxe room, it's worth it
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Tom T

Dear Tom,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback on Tripadvisor. Every positive feedback motivates us more to provide an excellent service to make our guests feel comfortable and welcome. It was a pleasure for us to read your summary about your holiday. It would be great to welcome you again at Barut Lara Hotel where you can enjoy another fantastic stay.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My Wife and i are just back a few days ago after spending 2 weeks at this hotel. On arrival the person behind the check in desk made us feel about as welcome as toothache, no welcoming drink or anything.
Our room was a bit of a dissapointment, quite small and pretty basic, although i have to say the bed was probably the most comfortable i have ever slept on.
The food ranged from extremely good to pretty poor, the main dining room was at times terrible with a lot of the food at best luke warm, we complained to management regarding this and was told the temp of the food had been checked and it was fine....it was most certainly not, we never once saw a chef checking the temp of the food.
The a-la-carte restaurantes was on the whole very good although the menu in most seemed to overlap a lot with each other.
Booking the a-la-carte restaurants was chaotic to say the least, you could book at the guest relation desk or you could book at 2 machines beside the guest relation desk using your room card, big problem with the machines, we were locked out of these for about the last 8 days (as was loads of other guests we spoke to) we were told they knew there was a problem but totally failed to resolve it.
In general the drinks was fine although you had to ask for premium brands or you did not get them, also it would have been nice to have some kind of choice regarding wine within the all inclusive menu in the a-la-carte restaurants other than the house red or white.
There is a show on every night at the amphitheatre at 21.30 then any 'live' music starting at 22.30 which to be honest is rather late at night for a lot of people.
The cleanliness in the hotel is a bit hit and miss with some parts sparkling and other parts not what you would expect.
All in all...a bit of a let down and in our opinion definately not 5 star probably a decent 4 star hotel.
My wife and i have stayed in other 5 star hotels in Turkey and this hotel did not even come close to the likes of the Gloria Serenity.
On checking out the girl at the desk was totally cold and cheerless.
The Barut Lara totally lacks any kind of pezaz or wow factor
I have to say we totally fail to see where the Tripadvisor ratings for this hotel comes from and we will certainly not be going back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Lochan3350

Dear Lochan3350,

Thank you for staying with us at Barut Lara Hotel. We appreciate your time and your review on Trip advisor.
At Barut Hotel we value our guest’s feedbacks and that helps us to improve our service.
Rest assured that your feedback was addressed to our Executive team and we are working very hard to take immediate precautions to make sure all of our guests are very happy.
Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back at Barut Lara Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were on a Gate 1 tour of Turkey and they put us up in this hotel for two nights. What a treat! . The hotel grounds are beautiful, the swimming pools are numerous, and it sits right on the sea. While there were a lot of people there it never felt crowded becuase their ius so much open space. There is everything you could want to do at a resort, including archery, tennis, swimming, kyacking and all kinds of games and entertainment at night. It was like being on a cruise ship that wasn't floating on the ocean. The food was nicely prepared and the variety was great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jerryg41
BarutCRM, Manager at Barut Lara, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Jerryg41,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback on Tripadvisor. Every positive feedback motivates us more to provide an excellent service to make our guests feel comfortable and welcome.We are vey glad that you enjoyed the hotel. It would be great to welcome you again at Barut Lara where you can enjoy another fantastic stay.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We visited the Barut for the first time in early May, for a week, with friends who had previously stayed at the hotel.
Our friends had stayed at a number of top hotels in Turkey, and this was their favourite.
The hotel is only a short taxi ride from the airport. Upon arrival late in the evening we were welcomed at reception and were all upgraded to family suites. The rooms were excellent, clean with plenty of space plus superb bathroom with walk-in shower.
The hotel has a buffet restaurant but also has a number of super al a carte restaurants some are themed, ie Seaford, Italian and Turkish or simply a combination of dishes from around the world. There is a Bar B Q restaurant but at the time of our visit this wasnt open.
The only critiscm of the restaurants was that the buffet could be improved. Other hotels which we have visited have now introduced 'cooking stations' including the Belek Voyage and even the Rixos Lara. Barut has a couple but could easily improve in this area.
The al a carte restaurants have to be booked at reception, normally the day before. No problem.
There are bars all around the complex, serving the usual local beers, cocktails etc.
There are a number of pools, plus it has its own beach. No problem obtaining a sunbed.
The hotel has loads of facilities, sports plus an excellent animation team. They work so hard and are great fun, involving you in activities but only if you choose to do so.
Excellent entertaiment, nightclub and even a kareoke evening. The 2 guys performing Madonna, 'like a virgin' were brilliant, and deserve a recording contract !
We were told that the hotel was 80% full at the time we were there. It didnt at all feel crowded, just very relaxed.
We found all the staff very friendly,
You will have a great time if you choose the Barut.....we did !!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Ian K
BarutCRM, Manager at Barut Lara, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Ian,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Barut Lara and for your very thoughtful feedback. We are very glad to read that our service from your arrival till your departure has been pleasant. Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future to make your next visit unforgetable again.

Best Regards,