“just got back” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
London, United Kingdom
“just got back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

have just returned from a week at this hotel. stayed in the residence area of the hotel on 3rd floor over looking pool. I will start with the not so good. every day we had trouble getting into our room (entry with a card) brother was in next room so was able to call reception. they came within 5mins with new card. got fed up with this as they even sent someone to check it wasn't the lock on door an it still happened . never had explanation from the hotel even when checking out it was frustrating as you can imagine one suggestion had been to keep the card away from our mobile phone this we did but it was still an issue. long walk to reception if my family hadn't been next room. told our lovely rep who did all she could to help. next we found 50% of staff to be very unhelpful ,not smileling at all no personality an unhelpful but the rest were nice. not a lot of communication from the unhelpful ones which didn't feel very nice as we were on a well deserved not cheap holiday. we spoke to many other guests who all mirrored our views of the staff. we felt perhaps this was due to the young age of the staff through lack of expirence lack of English and they required training in hospitality an better guidance from there managers. . now the positives, food excellent drinks plentiful and branded not local very clean everywhere lots going on if you want to join in but if not no one bothers you. never felt over crowded as hotel set in vast grounds. lots of bars an resturants to go to in the grounds. lots of childrens activities. would I go there again ? I think yes but will it still be No. 1 hotel on trip advisor at the end of this season.?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank june m
Dear June,

Thank you for posting your review of your stay at Barut Lara Hotel. We would like to apologize for the discomfort that you encountered regarding your room card.
Your feedback was addressed to our executive team and we are working very hard to take immediate precautions to make sure all of our guests are very happy.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

CRM, Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

It was our 1st visit WOW we loved it we went with my sister and brother in law . who also enjoyed it . We got back this morning . We found the resort wonderful very clean the rooms were clean and very comfy . the food was very good and a big choice for all . The restaurants were very good we were well looked after . 90% of the staff were great some we found rude and arrogant . We didn't let it spoil our stay . The flights there and back were horrendous . So many very young children crying and screeming for both ways . The flight home was a night flight so you can guess how bad it was !!!!.
But our stay was brilliant ..

Room Tip: We stayed in the resident area and loved it nice and friendly ..
1 Thank John C
Dear John,

First of all we would like to thank you for reviewing Barut Lara Hotel.
We are very happy that you and your family have spent a brilliant time in our hotel and we surely hope that you will visit us once more in the near future!

Dagenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I thought I had found my perfect dream holiday. Over the years, I have enjoyed this beautiful hotel with friends and with very fond memories. However, this year, I find that this could be my last. Firstly, the new al a carte restaurants were supposed to be a bonus, but for me they were not. The actual booking process, via the machines, was not enjoyable with the process supposedly being easier, left me quite frustrated and I ended up in the Que that these machines were supposed assist the staff, did not. Secondly, the evening's entertainment has gone to pot. We endured almost 40 minutes of BINGO, yes, BINGO, and when it had finished, only had about 30 minutes of dancing left. Our evenings were enjoyable down at the Pool Bar, with the friendly banter with the staff. Thirdly, our bathroom was no longer, instead we had a walk in shower which made space for an extra single bed, which left no privacy for the third person. Very disappointed on this trip.

Room Tip: Rooms have changed, so it doesn't matter what you request, although, my request for low level wa...
5 Thank Donna M
Dear Donna,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
We are so disappointed, however, to hear that our evening entertainment didn’t meet your expectations.
Kindly be assured that we will follow up the mentioned matter.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a more enjoyable holiday.

With Best Regards,
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I am writing this review whilst sitting by the pool of the hotel. I have come to this hotel almost every year since 2004, I kept returning because of the high standards the Barut offered but now sadly it has lost it's way. The hotel has been referbished and as part of this refurbishment they have made the rooms smaller and added a third bed even though I booked a room for two, this has resulted in us losing space for a bed we do not need.
Last night I went to the pool bar for an evening of music and dancing as I have done in previous years, however they have appolnted a new entertainment manager who decided that because he could not get enough guests playing bingo in the ampi-theatre he would have bingo by the pool bar. We had to endure this until 23-30, as the bar shuts at midnight this was an evening of my holiday wasted. Up in the lobby bar other guests were also complaining about the bingo.
The hotel has opened two new al a carte resturants that are well worth a visit. The buffet resturant still gives a good selection of choices. Staff seems reduced in the buffet resturant as they spend all their time cleaning the tables and have little time for guests, in previous years they would always ask if we wanted a drink but this year I have had to ask them if we could have one.
Sadly I think it is time to look at other hotels in Turkey as the high standards of this one seem a distant memory.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank LondonAlan_s
Dear LondonAlan_S,

Thank you for staying with us at Barut Lara Hotel. We appreciate your time and your review on Trip advisor.
At our hotel we value our guest’s feedbacks and that helps us to improve our service. We are also continuously training our service staff. We are sorry for the discomfort that you faced at Lobby bar concerning Bingo activity.
Rest assured that your feedback was addressed to our Executive team and we are working very hard to take immediate precautions to make sure all of our guests are very happy.

With kind regards,
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I became occasional visitor of Barut Hotels.. This one is no different, everything is top notch.
Very good location, nice beach. Amazing food. High built quality all around. Huge land.
Already making plans to go back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ercanmetin
Dear ErcanMetin,

First of all we would like to thank you for reviewing Barut Lara Hotel!
We are happy that you have spent a lovely time in our hotel and we surely hope that you will visit us once more in the near future!

Yours sincerely,
Fleet, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We've just returned from a week's stay at The Barut Lara Beach Hotel. We travelled as a group of five adults and two one year olds. We'd last visited in 2008 and felt that since that visit the service had slipped and the hotel was no longer worthy of it's 5* reputation. On this occasion we were disappointed with our room. The furniture looked tired and the bathroom was in need of updating. The daily maid service was appreciated but it wasn't anything like it used to be. Dirty glasses were often not cleared away and the nice touches that we remembered from our last stay were non-existent (chocolates on the pillows; nicely folded towels on beds). The bathroom toiletries were also very basic. That said, we were pleasantly surprised by the baby equipment that was made available to us (bottle warmer, baby toiletries, potty, baby bath etc).

In terms of food, we found the buffet to be very sameish despite supposed ' theme nights' and preferred the dining experiences that we had in the a la carte restaurants. However, staff often seemed disinterested in those that they were serving and rather dismissive. I think a lot of this had to do with their poor understanding of English. We definitely found the staff more geared up to deal with their Russian clientele.

Considering the amount of money that we paid for a 7 day holiday, we were left feeling slightly disappointed with what we found.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Louise S
BarutCRM, Manager at Barut Lara, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Louise,

First we would like to thank you for staying at Barut Lara Hotel and taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

For all the discomfort and dissapointments you faced during your stay we wish to sincerely apologize. Kindly be assured that we will follow up the mentioned matters.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Best Regards,
wales, uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Travelled as a family of 5. 2 adults and 3 children 4,9,11.

We arrived early hours so didn't really have first impressions, we just all wanted our bed!

Stayed in a residence room and had a pool view. Room was clean and the bed was amazingly comfortable.

I am going to start with the negatives (there isn't many) and they might sound petty to some, but they are the only faults I found and wouldn't stop me returning, it just prevented me awarding 5 starts.

Firstly, the family residence rooms, which I believe are the biggest family rooms in the hotel and have a huge terrace - 2 sun beds and table with chairs, are all located on the 2nd floor, and reached by a staircase, it just seems bad planning?! Also there is no bath in the room. Was a bit of a pain with a 4 year old. She hates the shower!
The residence pool was nice, but quiet with not much atmosphere, we much preferred the main pool so was a bit of a walk from our room. It didn't matter too much apart from the many times we got to the pool and forgot sun lotion / hats / bucket and spades! Luckily my husband was happy to trot back .......!

My 2nd criticism is the CATS. They were everywhere! and wouldn't leave us alone during mealtimes at the lovely al a carte restaurants. Such a shame that some guests feel it appropriate to feed them which means you can't get rid of them, even though there are signs up around the resort politely asking not to feed them.
Apologies to any cat lovers, but we certainly are NOT, and would prefer them to stay in the cat house!

Positives
Firstly the entertainment were brilliant, they had such a lovely way about them and somehow were not pushy and gaged very quickly how much participation each guest were willing to do.
They remembered your name after the first time of meeting you and they made a great fuss of my children who loved them all.

The food was absolutely first class. This is my first ALL Inclusive holiday in Europe and I was impressed. The main buffet, spoilt for choice, excellent standard and extremely high quality. Breakfast lunch and dinner.

The A l a carte's which I booked at 9:30 am 2 days in advance (never a problem) were all fantastic, we didn't try the adult only or the Asian but the rest were amazing. Great service, lovely Sauvignon and sparkling and a red shiraz washed down the food quite nicely.

Pool towel system works and is easy and well located.

The room cleaning was good, although our room was rather small for 5 of us so always seemed a mess.

Evening entertainment in amphitheatre was ok, not really my thing sitting in an auditorium style venue, I prefer the pool bar and sitting round a table etc... The live music at the pool was good and made for a great atmosphere.

Kids club facilities one of the best I have come across and always something on to entice all 3 of my children ...... They are still singing the annoying song!

We met some lovely fellow holiday makers! and spoke to many return guests which is always nice.

To sum it up, I would 100% return and would love to go back October half term.... I completely understand why people return time and time again. 7 days was not long enough and we felt as though we just found out where everything was and we were coming home!

If you are considering booking, go ahead!!!!

Room Tip: Main building rooms are better located than residence rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank picabar
BarutCRM, Manager at Barut Lara, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Picabar,

At our hotel we value our guest’s feedbacks and that helps us to improve our service. We are also continuously training our service staff. Your feedback was addressed to our Executive team and we are working very hard to take immediate precautions to make sure all of our guests are very happy.

Thank you once again for your good comments also and we will definitely share your thoughts with our team since it motivates us to achieve higher levels of guest service.
We are looking forward to welcome you and your family in October.