Barut Lara
US$442
US$396
Priceline
3,930 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantsanimation teampool barchateaubriandturunc restaurantsofa restaurantmaxi clubbbq restaurantresidence poolturkeymain restaurantcourtesy roomcat houseguest relationsother hotelsjunior suitecorner suite
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Have just returned from a weeks holiday at this lovely hotel with my daughter and two girlfriends, this is my 12th holiday in Turkey and this hotel ticked all the boxes.
We were in block 3, lovely room, adjoining, plenty of space .
The buffet had a large selection, all fresh and was spotlessly clean, the Asian and Akdeniz al a carte were fantastic, service in all the restaurants was first class.
The pool bar was a great place to spend your evenings or just to call in for a drink anytime of the day{special praise for Bengil}what a lovely girl, nothing was too much trouble and always with a smile.
The grounds were well kept and how nice to have so much space to walk around.
Lastly the animation team, what stars, they really made our holiday, always freindly, fun and very repectfull , special mention to Ufuk, Siat and Tiger and nemo.they all work sooo hard.
This is number one hotel in lara.
We will return!

Room Tip: We were in block three, this is nice and quite, but if you have children it may be better to be in the main hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank NatashaConti
BarutCRM, Manager at Barut Lara, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear NataschaConti,

Merhaba!
Thank you very much for your nice feedback on Tripadvisor. Every positive feedback motivates us more to provide an excellent service to make our guests feel comfortable and welcome. It would be great to welcome you again at Barut Lara where you can enjoy another fantastic stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My friends and I have just returned from the Barut in Antalya, we have been going to this hotel for the past 8 years and have recommended this hotel to others, unfortunately as the old saying goes "all good things come to an end",and it would appear that this hotel has run its course .
(1) the food in the main canteen has become very bland, on one occasion one of our group choose chicken only to find it wasn't cooked in the middle, and by the time you get to your table the food is normally cold to Luke warm. This could possibly be because of the new food display cabinets they have. ( will need looking into ).
(2),the amount of sun-beds around the main swimming pool has increased to capacity, which means when you get a sun bed your packed in nice and tight.
(3) When we were shown to our room I was surprised to see an extra bed, as when booking and
on previous years I knew that I had not requested an extra bed?.when the question was raised the reply was this is evidently the new standard room.
(4) when trying to book a table in one of the restaurants using their new computer system, is a total waste of time, the system doesn't work as confirmed by the hotel staff ( no names), so you then have to stand in a queue, the last count was 17, and then speak to one of the guest relations staff and if your lucky you then get your table booked, but usually it was "sorry, they are all fully booked"
(5),evening entertainment on one evening consisted of an evening of BINGO,around the pool bar, I think this was the final straw that broke the camels back.

Summary
When I first went to the Barut it was top quality and could not be beaten but that was about 8 years ago and I have been every year , it appears that the top management have got greedy and have started cutting back on areas that effect peoples enjoyment and relaxation, I am going back to turkey in October and was intending on staying at the Barut but after the last two weeks I decided to stay at the cornelius in balek. It's a damed shame that this hotel is on its way down, on a happier note 98% of the staff are still very polite and greet you with an smile although they are over worked.

Dave Payne

Room Tip: Location is good for the airport €20,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
6  Thank David p P
BarutCRM, Manager at Barut Lara, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear David,

Merhaba!

Thank you for staying with us at Barut Lara Hotel. We appreciate your time and your review on Trip advisor.
At our hotel we value our guest’s feedbacks and that helps us to improve our service. We are also continuously training our service staff . We sincerely apologize for the discomforts that you faced during your last stay at Barut Lara.
Rest assured that your feedback was addressed to our Executive team and we are working very hard to take immediate precautions to make sure all of our guests are very happy.
Thank you once again for your comments and we really hope that you and your friends visit us once more in the future to see the improvements.

Greetings from sunny ANTALYA!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just returned from our 6th visit, I know things change with the times but this year it hasn't been for the better, firstly the mini bar has been reduced to 1 drink per couple so do I give the 1 beer to the wife and I trot off to the bar and bring myself a beer up to the room , other hotels on the strip looking to be number 1 have snacks ,wine and spirits in the mini bar-not here , I found the buffet was not as varied as the previous 5 years ,some other people have noted the food has been luke warm this is true ,some don't realise the bain maries are not automatic ,they are soft close but you have to help them a wee bit, not the Hotel's fault.
The a la cartes are still excellent and the staff in these are very friendly and attentive,as are the staff in the various bars, especially Bengul in the pool bar,you still have a quarter of your drink left and she is swooping down with another !!. Some have complained about the Bingo and they have a valid point, they started this last year in the amphitheatre and people complained ,this year was even worse as it was in the pool bar where everyone is expecting a good night of live music ,not to sit bored through the Bingo where you can win a bottle of wine which is free anyway, but I understand the Animation team earn 1 euro per book they sell , this year the team has changed and only a couple of the old team remain ,this is a great pity, they are what made our Holiday in the past ,Hakan is still in charge of the team and does a fantastic job with what he has and is still as professional as ever , the same goes for Altan ,most of the guests here are 35 plus and I feel that the younger members on the team don't have the same interaction with the guests as in previous years , some may argue that the team is new and need time to settle in but there have been changes in the team every year but this time they don't seem to gel together and things seem strained ,and where have Yulcin and Ezgi gone, one day they were there, next day I heard from a team member they had been sacked,without any prior warning, poor show.
I know the manager reads these reviews and comments that these matters will be addressed but will they ?,it's not all bad changes though, the new A la Cartes are excellent , the refurbished rooms nice as are the changes in the other restaurant decor and menus ,also the drinks selection in the bars are the best on the strip and I see they have invested in a new air rifle !!! I will be watching the reviews eagerly before I plan my trip for next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a Mountain view ,you will have Sun from lunch time to sunset and won't have to look at Stalag 14, I mean Kervansaray next door.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank StevenRosie

Dear Steven Rosie,

Thank you for staying with us at Barut Lra Hotel. We appreciate your time and your review on Trip advisor.
At our hotel we value our guest’s feedbacks and that helps us to improve our service. We are also continuously training our service staff.
Thank you once again for your comments and we really do hope that you visit us next year as well.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are just home after one of our best holidays ever. By far the best all inclusive hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms are spacious and the hotel itself is spotless. The grounds are gorgeous and the staff are soo friendly and polite.

The hotel is truly all inclusive with branded drinks all included. There is always something to do and the animation team are a credit to the hotel.
The evening shoes are truly amazing, some are Vegas quality. Out of 14 nights I disliked one.
The four seasons party was brilliant and the fireworks were incredible.

Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Charlie1xx

Dear Frankiefreddie,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor and your kind words in your comment. We are pleased to know that you have had an excellent stay, where you especially enjoyed the four seasons party. We hope you will join Barut Lara Hotel again for another amazing holiday.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Followed the many good reviews on Trip Advisor & glad we did. Can confirm food in buffet excellent & particularly liked the Akdeniz A la Carte restaurant. Live entertainment generally of a high quality. Nicely maintained grounds & variety of pools. Good gym - we didn't use the spa.Entertainment team were great - special mention to Hasan for the lively darts games. Service of a high standard, special mentions to Esra & Bengul who never failed to smile at the Meltem pool bar. Never saw anyone at the nightclub & not many teenagers about for our 2 boys to make friends with, but both had a great time anyway.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Dan U

Dear Dan,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback on Tripadvisor. Every positive feedback motivates us more to provide an excellent service to make our guests feel comfortable and welcome. It was a pleasure for us to read your summary about your holiday. It would be great to welcome you again at Barut Lara Hotel where you can enjoy another great holiday.

Greetings from sunny ANTALYA!