“Nice hotel, good location, terrible staff.”

Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I just back after my holiday in this hotel (7days). Hotel is nice, has clean pool and lobby area. Location is good 15 min from Antalya Airport. I did pay extra for nice room but at the time when we come in receptionist informed us they do not have room and try transferred me and my husband to 3 stars hotel for one night. We were very angry so they finally gave us room in other 5 stars hotel. My biggest disappointing was service mainly reception staff. All of them were rude!!! They ignored us when we came in with problems. They do not say even good bye after check out. Restaurant staff wasn't better( most of them do not understand English even basic words such as fork, water etc. we did ask for forks and knifes but waitress just left, so I did have to find it myself. Entertainment is very poor. I did have impression animators did nothing just walked around and do not care about guests. Generally I can say Hotel is good but do not deserved for 5 stars at all!!!! Max 3 stars because of staff which is very unfriendly and rude. I would not recommend this hotel for Holiday.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Monika W
Aylin K, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear Guest!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Porto Bello Hotel Resort&Spa.
It will be always pleasure for us to welcome you again, looking forward to see you soon, we will do our best to make you happy this time.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hotel food is great a lovely variety of food and plenty of it breakfast lunch and dinner. the pool is great and the beach access through the tunnel is nice. The hotel environment is very pleasant; however, the rooms are at best average. The waiters/bar staff weren't interested unless you were buying drinks that weren't part of the all inclusive.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest!
It will be always pleasure for us to welcome you again, looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Me and my boyfriend have just returned from 7nights at this hotel. On arrival we were welcomed by reception and had our bags taken to our room, lovely room but the view wasn't what we were expecting we asked for a sea view and we could see part of the sea but then most was a run down football pitch full of litter. Air conditioning wasn't great outside temperature was 28c and our air conditioning did not give enough cool air even though it was turned to the coolest temperature. Pool area was lovely, lifeguard is a lovely guy who cheered the place up from lots of moody Germans! Service in the evening was very poor! A couple of nights we had to lay our own table and get up and ask for drinks. There was not enough staff for how big this hotel is. Overall I'm not sure how this hotel has got a five star rating.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Georgina F

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed 7 days in May 2013 in Porto Bello Hotel, and it was excellent.
The food was excellent, with various and fresh salads.
The staff bar was very polite and quick.
The rooms were clean and neat, although they were not very spacious.
Also, the artistic part in the night was very good and they gave various shows.
The only part that was not good was location which was far from Antalya, but you can get buses from nearby Ataturk road.
Overall, excellent hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I absolutely MUST make a review about this hotel!
Recently I took 70 of our customers for three weeks "training"!
When I first approached Porto Bello I thought it was out of our range! However they bent over backwards to accommodate us and provide for my needs.
From a professional perspective they had everything we needed for the actual training element but also had the comfort and wow factor required to actually keep my customers happy.
The staff were absolutely superb! They dealt with every issue that arose (and there were many for 70 people) in a prompt, professional manner - and always with a smile on their face!
Facilities and food were excellent and we had tremendous feedback from our customers. In fact, so much so that many of them said they would return with their families!
Ms Deniz Babus Atam, Mr Firat Kucuktezcan, Mr Tolga Ozgurel, Mr. Mehet Şerif Yigit and all the front of house staff all need a mention as they were incredibly helpful and always on hand to deal with any matters I had.
Totally recommend this hotel to anybody wanting to visit turkey and moreover Antalya.

Room Tip: Maybe try to ask for a pool view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Mick J

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I'm usually a pretty relaxed individual. I'm easy to get along with and I dont ask for much. But I honestly had a travesty of a time at Porto Bello. I booked the hotel because it was under 100 USD nightly and the pictures of the property looked pretty nice, and that the ammenities seemed up to par. When I checked in, it was everything but that. I clenched my teeth and I couldnt wait to get out of this hotel. I'll go through and tell you why.

--When I booked my hotel, I asked for a Full Sized Bed--
Which I actually got.... but here's the kicker. They provided 2 small blankets instead of one blanket that covers the surface of the bed. My fiance thought I was trying to sleep in separate beds that night! I thought it was some sort of custom in Turkey for some reason but I guess this is not the case.

--An Activies Staff Member said I was FAT!--
Yes, believe it or not, when this gentleman was scouring for volunteers to conduct "pilates" which I wouldnt call it that.... I would just call it stretching, he told me that I should join because I was fat. Now, I'm not sure if this is another culture shock for me, but I find it highly inappropriate for a staff member to call a guest "fat".

--Service in the Cafe? I think not.--
Now, there is a younger staff running this cafe that joins the lobby where you can get drinks, and relax outside near the pool area, which seems very nice if you like decor that came out 30 years ago. But I actually took out my cell phone after the 3rd day of this happening. They would not come to my table and ask me if I wanted anything. I pulled out my mobile phone and started my stopwatch to see how long it would take for the staff to approach me and lets just say I gave up after 20-30 minutes. I understand that there is a language barrier, but if you're selling Antalya as a top tourist destination, you're going to have to interact with your guests one way or another. Also there is a lack of consistancy in their cocktail menu. Their Cosmopolitans look like glasses of fruit punch (not what a Cosmo should look like).

--Bed and Breakfast and All Inclusive--
Since being at the hotel there seems to be some confusion with the staff on what certain guests get if they booked Bed and Breakfast Package or the All Inclusive package. Either way you do not have to pay for breakfast. The young gentleman in the front of the buffet thought different. He didn't even ask me if I was staying at the hotel. He informed me that since I did not have an All Inclusive Braclet that I was going to have to pay cash for breakfast.

--Step into our nightclub (75 TL and 3 dudes dancing in a circle)--
My fiance and I decided to go down to the nightclub (Open 1130pm-130AM) 2 HOURS only! In which they seemed to do no marketing for a ladies night or premier DJ's in the area, because that place was DEAD! It was borderline depressing to hear the loud thump of the bass, and looking at the lifeless DJ that spins for 2 hours a night. They told me if I wasnt a guest at the hotel that the entrance fee was 75 TL. That was a lie. There is no entrance fee. Just overpriced drinks, and an empty dance floor.

--I NEEDED Change--
I had to get with some form of management at this point cause it was getting rediculous. I gave a local review on one of their customer satisfactory forms and requested that I speak to a manager. Guest Relations contacted me, and I sat down with them and listed all of my issues with the hotel. She seemed more intrigued over the 75 TL of the nightclub than anything else. I got a single comforter, and a "sorry". The next day, the staff still was hesitant about approaching me asking if I wanted anything to drink. They took my single blanket, and went back to 2 small blankets once my bed was made up. There was one woman who wore glasses and had long hair (I did not get her name) but she was the only staff member that worked in that cafe who at least gave it a shot! So I am stoked for her on that, and I thank her for helping us.

--Staff acknowledgements--
There were a couple of people who I really enjoyed out of this nightmare of a stay at Porto Bello. Mehmet Fatir (I think thats how you spell his name) he was a front desk assistant at the hotel, he had an injured finger but that didnt stop him from assisting me in any way that he could. When I had my complaints he encouraged me to tell the truth on TripAdvisor, or any other form or social networking so they can improve their customer relations. Ismail the baggage handler. One of the sweetest guys I've met on this trip. When the tour guides were 2 hours late. He went outside of his role as a baggage handler, and asked if we wanted coffee, and actually wanted to get it for us while we waited. Such a nice guy! Then there is the mystery man on top of the water slide. I just think he is flat out fun! Gave the kids a good time and it was a pleasure to see the faces on the children when they went down their slide. Also, the nice Turkish lady who worked at the cafe. You have nice glasses, and your customer service far surpasses all your colleagues. Keep up the good work!

***Just a heads up to all the people who will book Porto Bello, just a reminder that it is a Central Air Con/Heating system. That means you have no control of the temperature of the room. That is determined by the hotel management which is measured by the current temperature outside.*** I missed that booking this hotel. So I think its important for the viewers to know this.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Brandon O
Aylin K, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Guest!
It will be always pleasure for us to welcome you again, looking forward to see you soon, we will do our best to make you more this time.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had an outstanding holiday in Antalya... much more than what we expected:
a. It started right the moment we booked and informed the hotel, the response and subsequent responses from Derya in guest relation were always prompt and helpful
b. Loved the food, the atmosphere and the service of the staff who were helpful, sometimes english can be a little challenge,at the same time the staff has to cater many nationalities
c.The staff at the reception especially Fatih was very helpful in recommending us trips to see the real antalya and its rich heritage and culture, So do see him if you are staying at the hotel he will help with any questions you have.

Would highly recommend for anyone to stay at the hotel if you are thinking of Antalya because of the location, facilities, service and value for money.
We will certainly comeback to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sultan N
Mehmet Şerif Y, Front Office Manager at Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Sultan N,
First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Porto Bello Resort & Spa.
Your valuable comments will show us a better way to improve our service. We will share your review with our staff.
Hope to see you soon in Porto Bello Hotel Resort & SPA