“Lovely hotel, friendly staff, great holiday!”

Porto Bello Hotel Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, friendly staff, great holiday!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My friend and I have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Porto Bello and were made to feel really welcome from the second we arrived! Ahmet and Fatih at reception were great and we even had our room upgraded.

Room - We had a family room overlooking the pool with a sea view, it had two bedrooms, mini bars (that are re-stocked daily) and a large bathroom. Room was clean, with plenty of towels and toiletries. We had no problems with the air con and one night I actually had to turn it down as I got too cold!

Pool and Beach - The pool and beach areas were lovely and clean and we always managed to get a sunbed. The beach and beach bar are accessed by an underpass from the pool area, this is not a problem and it literally takes one minute to walk to the beach.

Food - I thought the selection of food was great, including pancakes, bagels and made to order omelettes available for breakfast. Lunch was available from the main buffet restaurant as well as at the pool bar/restaurant where you are given a menu to choose from and you are served at your table. The food here was really nice although sometimes it took a little while to get served but not a major problem. The bar on the beach was really good, had a nice seating area and they served waffles and ice cream.

Entertainment - The entertainment staff were great, especially Bahattin and Oguzhan. Lots of activities to join in with during the day such as rifle shooting, darts, water aerobics and zumba! Of an evening there were shows, karaoke, bingo and organised trips to nightclubs in town!

Staff - We found all of the staff to be very friendly, hard working and they all made and effort to speak to you in English. Some people have complained on here about the amount of time it took to get drinks at the bar but even at its busiest times it didn't take us more than a couple of minutes to get served!

Location - We were only here for a short time so were not planning on venturing out of the hotel much so did not mind that there wasn't too much close by. There were a few bars, and about 10 minutes from the hotel was a few more restaurants and bars including a Mc Donalds and a Starbucks! The hotel was around half an hour from the airport and this cost about £20 in a taxi.

Overall we had a great stay at the Porto Bello and would definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Nickyw_10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Breda, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Service:
The staff is really slow when you order some drinks, I usually don't have the patience and just get it myself. Besides that, they are really polite and are always willing to help you.

Rooms:
The standard rooms are big enough. Fellow tripadvisors advise to upgrade to a junior suite, but the hotel was fully booked when we got there. The rooms are cleaned and the drinks are refilled every day.

Location:
Hotel is close to the beach (easy to get to via a tunnel) and about 10 km's to Antalya. Just take a dolmus, it will cost you 2 TL. With the taxi about 25 TL. If you take a 2 km walk a long the beach in the direction of Antalaya, then you'll see some restaurants and a Starbucks.

Food:
The quality of the food is good, but it's pretty much the same every day. They usually only change the meat. The food usually gets cold, because people just don't close the lid, if you want warm food, go eat immediately when the restaurant opens. If you are fed up with the food then there is an a la carte restaurant, pay 5 euros per person and have a great meal in the fish or Italian restaurant.

Spa:
The prices are pretty high for Turkish standards, quality is ok. But would'nt recommend it, only go when you are are in need of a good pampering :)

All things considered, it's a pretty good hotel for the price. Don't expect top notch 5* star quality when you pay that amount of money...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank qtdinh
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We recently returned after a stay of 7 nights at this hotel.We have great pleasure to express our apreciation and full gratitude to the entire staff of this hotel.In this year we have been for eleventh time in his last eight consecutive years and we consider it as our second home.Wellbeing that come through the door soon feel the hotel is due to the excelent staffsince from the front desk staff with his front office manager Mr.Mehmet Sherif Yigit.We apreciated ,every time ,,,to overall cleanlinnes in rooms,in restaurants,in bars,in garden and pool area.An exceptional kitchen,with various and many kinds of foods,prepared daily,a rich variety of salads,fruits ,sweets ,etc.and at dinner,in addition,grilled in front of turists.Also,a good and varied menufor those with diet and for kinders.A particularly elegant and large lobby-bar,well stocked and equipped with confortable leather sofas,with another for those use the pool or want to relax in the garden,also another bar on private beach at sea with umbrelas,towels and loungers are provided free.All the features ,options and services available to visitors ,make hotel to be constantly sought by tourists from all Europe,Asia,Japan,Canada,SUA,South Africa,etc.many of them returning again to the this hotel.
Lovely hotel,lovely staff and lovely services.We love very mach this hotel.
Family Elena&Nicolae Pangica/Bucharest-Romania

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank PangicaN
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I generally liked this hotel. First off, it was clean-spotless in fact. The food, overall, was good. As the food went on our tour, it was very good. It was probably the best hotel food short of the Ankara Hilton. Now, while I liked my stay (especially the beach!), there were some issues. As others had noted, the front desk staff is worthless, worthless, worthless. They were indifferent the whole time, had a bad attitude, and, frankly, they were the only people I yelled at the whole time while in Turkey for two weeks.

For some unknown reason, they set me up in some type of gimp hotel room. It was made for handicapped people. There was some odd stool set up for the shower with no actual real shower. It was really depressing. As I alluded to before, I tried to get the front desk to help me out, but they looked at me like I was Dr Zaius from POTA's. Nothing doing there. So, in the end, I suffered through my gimp bathroom. Not a bid deal, but nevertheless annoying to an able-bodied guest.

Also, be aware that this hotel is somewhat cheap. They refused to turn on the air conditioning units, despite the highs being in the mid 80's F. I know it's still kinda spring, but come on. We guests and not prisoners. Give us air!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Patrick C
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I had a great holiday! This resort is located at best place in Antalya sea, beach and city that s what i want! And i wanna thanks to Mehmet Fatih because of he really care with us. He's welcome personality and good connection with me and my friends ,always trying to help us unless in bad situation.
Thanks for good time

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eray B
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I just back after my holiday in this hotel (7days). Hotel is nice, has clean pool and lobby area. Location is good 15 min from Antalya Airport. I did pay extra for nice room but at the time when we come in receptionist informed us they do not have room and try transferred me and my husband to 3 stars hotel for one night. We were very angry so they finally gave us room in other 5 stars hotel. My biggest disappointing was service mainly reception staff. All of them were rude!!! They ignored us when we came in with problems. They do not say even good bye after check out. Restaurant staff wasn't better( most of them do not understand English even basic words such as fork, water etc. we did ask for forks and knifes but waitress just left, so I did have to find it myself. Entertainment is very poor. I did have impression animators did nothing just walked around and do not care about guests. Generally I can say Hotel is good but do not deserved for 5 stars at all!!!! Max 3 stars because of staff which is very unfriendly and rude. I would not recommend this hotel for Holiday.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Monika W
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hotel food is great a lovely variety of food and plenty of it breakfast lunch and dinner. the pool is great and the beach access through the tunnel is nice. The hotel environment is very pleasant; however, the rooms are at best average. The waiters/bar staff weren't interested unless you were buying drinks that weren't part of the all inclusive.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple