“Very enjoyable holiday”

Ranked #4 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
Workington, England, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable holiday”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I have decided to write this review after reading some very surprising reviews on here. We were on holiday at this hotel from the 26th March for 10 days.
This hotel has many positives but I will explain what I believe it does need improvement on too.
The food at this hotel especially for the price you pay for the holiday is excellent there are 2 a la carte restaurants which we didn't try because we had our 1 year old child with us but their was a great deal of choice in the Jasmine restaurant definately something for everyone with a variety of meat and fish dishes, vegetables, fruit and lots of salad choices. Many deserts which were very tasty.
The Yarok tent offered pizzas in the day the pizzas from here were delicious best I have ever tasted!
If you didn't fancy using the Jasmine restaurant their was a barbeque selection outside or a noodle place these both had lovely food to chose from and the food was cooked in front of you the smells were wonderful and we enjoyed seeing the food cooked in front of us.
outside in the grounds of the hotel Icecream and cakes were served in the daytime for a snack.

The Staff were very friendly and helpful My son enjoyed seeing all the staff who made him smile and were very kind to us seeing as my son is only 1 year old and a bit messy and noisy at mealtimes they helped him settle whilst we were away which we really appreciated.
Both waiter and maid services were spot on we never had to wait long for anything and were looked after extremely well. The towel displays the maids did were a nice touch and my son enjoyed showing me them when we entered our room.
The Rep Mustafa was a very friendly helpful person who tried his best to make the holiday memorable.

The pools outside looked clean and lovely however we only ventured into the indoor pool because the outdoor pools would have been to cold for my son. However I do believe they switched on the water slides early on request of the guests which I think was good of them.
The indoor pool and turkish bath and sauna etc were excellent my son even started to learn how to swim we enjoyed the pool so much some days we went twice :)

Our room was clean and had a fantastic view of the pools and beach.
I have read about people commenting about kids yes their were kids but we never saw any causing a nuisance and tbh we expected kids its supposed to be a family hotel afterall.
In Summary we had good value for money and enjoyed the holiday very much!

Now the things that would make the hotel even better the hotel is supposed to be getting some maintenance work done this year this would improve the hotel as some areas do need a little tidying up but it still is clean and worth the money.
The wifi is a little hit and miss.
The tv in the rooms could do with being more modern and maybe offer the disney channel in several languages for the children.
The entertainment isn't to bad but either a bigger room or 2 rooms one for adult entertainment and one for the kids would be an idea as the room is to small really.
Some areas outside would benefit from having ramps instead of steps for buggies and wheelchair usage such as the bridge over the pool and the bar near the beach.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Lucy N
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Director of Sales at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Lucy,
Thank you for your kind review. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in general. We are taking necessary actions for the points you mentioned in your review. We will have a general renovation in next winter and hopefyully most of the issues will be solved. We hope to see you with us again. Untill then safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (703)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
New Forest, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2013

When we arrived it was a good welcome a glass of bubbly and a flower for myself,we'll I think it was ment to be a glass of bubbly as they were not ready for our arrival so we did not get the bubbly ,our room was clean and of a nice standard I did pay more for a better view which yes you could see the sea,but if you looked down we were over looking the service yard which was a rubbish tip? There was delivery s from six in the morning as well as this area was used for everything from cleaning out BBQ s to access to cleaning staff so we had to keep our doors closed .the worst problem was the generator going off at 3 in the morning which sounded like we had a lorry in our room. The food was never hot by the time you got to your seat it was cold,it was very repetitive , half the snack bars were closed and this was not stated on first choice before we booked that half the hotels snake bars would be closed due to the time of year as we paid a lot of money to get half a packaged that was paid for,it is a very tired looking hotel needing updating I have been to many 5 star hotels and this hotel does not compare, some of the staff looked fed up and this is only the start of the season ,there were children running around the hotel with no parents watching them,we went for the a la cart meals the Turkish meal was lovely but the Italian was like there was a race to get you out as soon as you finished one plate it was whipped away and another placed in front of you they gave you no time in between courses,I normally tip but did not feel the need only for one waiter which was very attentive his name was mehamid Ali ,he paid special attention to myself and my husband on his birthday making us up a special table ,although my husband did get a bottle of wine and fruit on his birthday which was a nice touch,the wifi is terrible you can never get access,and to top things off on our transfer home we were not taken to the airport by our firsts choice /Thomson rep oh no the driver dropped him off home as he had finished his shift on our drop at the airport we were meant to be met and told what to do by two representatives but they turned up looking rather sheepish while we checked in so were no help what so ever this is absoulutly diabolical,so from start to finish I have has a poor holiday and will never book with first choice again a very unhappy customer

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank TinaT341
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Dear Guest,

As Hotel Manager i would like to thank you for your review.
It sounds you were not satisfied with some of our services. as management we have already focused on the negative comments mentioned nowadays. It is very important for us even if one of our guest is not satisfied. We hope that you will give us a chance to make your holidays more enjoyable.

Lİberty Hotels Lara
England
Reviewed 5 April 2013

This is a delayed review from my stay In December 2012. I simply forgot to write a review but a "recommend request" jogged my memory of how great this hotel was. As a family this was our first visit to this hotel and indeed our first visit to Turkey, so I can only compare to other hotels I have stayed in I the UK, Spain, Greece and the Canaries.

From the moment we arrived at the hotel and was greeted with a glass of wine at reception until the day we checked out, The staff at this hotel were incredibly polite, friendly and helpful. We have come to the conclusion that the further east we travel form the UK, the friendly the resort staff and population general are. We even have to admit our Thomson rep was friendly and helpful, but then It was the first time we had a local rep rather than someone sent from the UK.

Our room at the hotel was of an average size with a large double bed, 2 single beds and the usual furniture comprising of a chair, desk, bin built-in wardrobe/shelves, safe and mini fridge. The bathroom was large enough, clean and featured a very nice power sower and full size bath. My only real criticism of the room was that the patio door did not lock from the inside, OK for us but I'd be worried if I had a young child (as they just open the door to get to the balcony).

Food was good, because it was out of season, only the buffet restaurant was open but this was both adequate and delightful with a great selection of freshly cooked and prepared foods, I'm both vegetarian and a fussy eater but found lots of choice including a vegetarian section of food. On the warmer days (bearing mind it was December), dining outside was an added option along with even more food freshly prepared by chefs cooking outside. My only criticism or though this is mainly because of my daughter, no ice cream available.

Because it was out of season, entertainment was limited but very enjoyable. There seemed to be a full complement of entertainment staff and when they wasn't doing scheduled activities, they were always willing to play games with you or simply sit & chat.

Again because it was out of season and the fact the weather was only in the high teens, Most of the outside of the hotel was closed but the pools & grounds looked amazing and no doubt would be amazing i the blistering summer sun. If as a family we return to Turkey (which we almost certainly will) I'd definitely consider this hotel for either another winter break or a summer holiday.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank treborgb
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Director of Sales at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review. You are right, December is out of season and we are serving at only indoor areas. If you visit us again in summer we are sure you will have a dream holiday at Liberty Hotels Lara. We already opened our outdoor outlets such as snack restaurant, outdoor pool, water slides etc last week. Animation show area, live music, outdoor cinema, pier will be opened in a short while. Bring your good mood and enjoy it. Untill then, safe travels.
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Pier =not open
Snack bar= not open
Chinese restaurant=not open
Entertianment=non existant
Noisy generator=on every nite 3am
Veiw=service yard rubbish storage area
Food=good quality but repetetive
Drinks=branded drinks additional cost
Deliverys=noisy from 6am
Staff=mostly friendly and helpfull
Rooms=comfortable and clean
Internet conection=diabolical
Overall=overpriced for what you get

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Dannyboy2466
LARA-BEACH-HOTEL, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all , thank you for your choosing Liberty Hotels Lara for your holiday.
We would like you to know that some of your commens were surprise for us as “Pier =not open
Snack bar= not open ,Chinese restaurant=not open” and We could not understand the reason of your complaints about content of all inclusive consept like “Drinks=branded drinks additional cost”. Because you have been here in winter consept and all the details of our winter all inclusive consept are written in both Thomson's brochures / website and our hotel website.

On the other hand thank you for positive comments about staff , food quality and rooms

Hope to see you in Liberty Hotels Lara again to make your stay memorable for next time.

Liberty Hotels Lara
Gevgelija, Republic of Macedonia
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The hotel is excellent. We had a standard room which was very big sized, clean and comfortable. The animation team was great, only the restaurant waiters weren't so friendly. I recommend you to try the cocktail " Almond Dream"

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Aleksandra M
Dear Aleksandra, Thank you for your review. It sounds you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again at Liberty Hotels Lara. The sun started to shine again as summer comes. If you visit us during summer we are sure you will enjoy more with outdoor outlets. See you next time. Untill then, safe travels.
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Well, we had an amazing time! We are two couples travelling with a baby each. Our main concern when choosing hotel was food, and we really enjoyed it. Shame that all the negative reviews made me scared of eating, as I do have a sensitive stomach, but I had no problem at all. The selection is massive, there is soup, salad bar, loads and loads of hot food including vegetables and meats, freshly baked pastries and Turkish breads, outside they had grill and stir fry, which were lovely. If you didn't fancy going to the main restaurant, there was also great pizza by the beach and pasta house. One night we went to Turkish al a carte, and the lamb we had was succulent. I also enjoyed afternoon desert in the patisserie. Now, I've been to Turkey five times, and this is the first hotel where you actually had bottles of wine on the tables, and good quality too (husband is a restaurant manager and he liked it).
All in all, we had a great week. Holiday is what you make of it, you can look for a crack in the sink or you can be happy and enjoy yourself. You see, it's all inclusive, but you have to bring your good mood with you!

• Stayed March 2013
7 Thank Ultraminimarina
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review and compliments. We are trying to do our best for our guest's satisfaction. If they have a problem during their stay we are focusing on solving it. Unfortunately we cannot make happy a few whatever we do. We agree with you that people must bring their good mood with them. If they have a good mood there is no problem exists which we cannot handle. Our guest relations staff, front office, management etc. are here and working for you. If you are staying with us and if you have any problems you can always find someone or a manager around to solve it. You only need to get in touch with us and share your request. We already have % 95 guest satisfaction but we are working hard to make everyone happy at Liberty Hotels Lara. We do respect all the negative comments but we are getting really worried when we see they didn't give us a chance to solve it during their stay.
Thank you again for your wonderful comments and we hope to see you with us soon.
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Terrible holiday in this hotel. If this is what Turkey is like then we wont be going again. I don't know how others who have stayed here can say that the food was good because it wasn't - it was boring and never kept warm. When we first went in to the dining room we thought there was going to be a good selection but everything was just repeated but given different sauces to make it look different. I've never seen so many chavs in my life - it was like watching the Jeremy Kyle show! The adults were only intersted in themselves and getting their fill of the free drink they didn't care what their kids did or where they were. The dining room was full of them, crawling all over the floor and chasing each other around. They kept lifting the lids covering the food and playing with the food then walking off and leaving the food uncovered - perhaps that's why the food was never hot! They ran around the hotel and the grounds, making a nuisance of themselves and played in the lifts despite notices saying that they shouldn't do that. There was building work on the outskirts of the hotel which was very noisy. The area the hotel was in looked like scrubland and the only other life was a string of large, showy hotels. We tried to get into a couple of these in the hope that we would be able to buy a meal in the restaurant as there were no restaurants in the area, taxis were a rip off and the buses were so crowded you could hardly breathe. The hotel was shabby and the carpets were filthy our room was all right but nothing special. I don't understand how this hotel can be a five star - one of the other guests said that they thought Turkey used a star rating the same as dog years - seven to one of ours which would make this hotel less than a one star - I think he had a point. I really can't think of anything good to say about this holiday except that we were so glad we were only there for one week. The staff in the restaurant and the bar were nice but it didn't make up for the rest of it. We would never go back to this hotel again and probably wouldn't return to Turkey for fear that other hotels would be much the same.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
15 Thank TrevorP900
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all Liberty Hotels Lara team , i would like to thank you for spending your time to post this review. You and your positive and negative comments are very important for us. As management we have already focused on the negative comments mentioned. We would be greatful if we welcome you once again in here to make your holidays more enjoyable.

Lİberty Hotels Lara