“Great food, location and facilities. Hope to return one day!”

Liberty Hotels Lara
Ranked #5 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
Preston, United Kingdom
“Great food, location and facilities. Hope to return one day!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I returned from a fantastic week’s holiday with my two daughters, aged 11 and 8, to the Liberty Hotel Lara on 14th August 2014. We had a brilliant time here and I would happily return to this hotel in the future, which is not something I usually say!

I’ll start with the few negatives, which are really few and far between, but there are always areas that are not as good as others. I am putting these first, as many people do not read full reviews, but please do not think that these are the most important aspects of this hotel.

The main pool is huge and a lovely temperature due to the heat of the weather in Turkey. However, there are no shallow parts of the pool, which meant that neither of my children could put their feet down, and I could only just about stand on tiptoes as I am very short. This meant that you could not play ball/frisbee anywhere. As this is the main family pool, I would have expected there to be a combination of deeper and more shallow parts. There was a separate toddler pool, which was really shallow, but this was too shallow for older children and not really designed for ball games as it was the area for younger children.

The second slight negative is that there needs to be more staff waiting on the tables at the main restaurant. The staff who work there work extremely hard, but they are run off their feet, and can’t keep up with the demand to clear and set up tables. On our last evening, we had to wait nearly half an hour until we could sit down and had our table cleared, drinks brought, etc. This is not what I would expect from a 5 star hotel.

Other small issues were that I felt the choice of drinks on the All Inclusive menu was somewhat limited, and again, not what I would expect from a hotel of this rating. There were a number of drinks not included which are included in other 4 star hotels, such as Baileys (local equivalent) and Mojitos. The cocktails in general were quite disappointing, which was something I had high hopes for. Drinks were very variable depending on which bar you went to/person who served you, and this was particularly noticeable when my children went to get their drinks. They were often ignored, and left to wait until all the adults had been served, despite having waited for longer. The ‘kids’ cocktails’ varied according to who served the drinks, and there seemed to be no consistency over what was put into these drinks. This proved quite an issue for my younger daughter who is rather fussy over what she likes to drink, and many drinks were wasted as they were not what she had asked for.

An important thing to note if you are going to the resort of Lara Beach is that the main currency here is Euros, and not Turkish Lira, which I had taken. Lira is accepted everywhere, but everything is priced in Euros, then converted. This is very confusing, and it would have been much easier to have just taken Euros.

A point here to watch out for if you are travelling with First Choice/Thomson – all their trips are priced in sterling, and they convert it to either Euros or Turkish Lira, depending on how you are paying. However, they are very naughty as they use their own rate, which is higher than the usual conversion, which means you are even more out of pocket. I would recommend taking sterling if you intend to book any trips with them, as this way, they do not rip you off as much.

Okay, so on to the positives of this hotel now, which is pretty much everything else! The food is amazing here, with so many choices and really good quality. Breakfasts are buffet style, with a huge selection of all the usual things, and a few extras – lots of different favoured yoghurts which my daughter loved, freshly made omelettes to order, and an amazing whole honeycomb! Lunches are incredible, with such an array of choices that a week is simply not long enough to enjoy them all, which is not something I usually feel after an All Inclusive holiday! The pasta house is really yummy, there is a yoruk tent with freshly made pizzas and Turkish pancakes to order, kebabs, fried chicken, a snack bar with hamburgers, etc, as well as the main restaurant! Evenings are just as special, and as other reviewers have mentioned, the stir fry station is amazing and they are delicious! There is a huge choice of hot and cold food, and you can chose to sit inside or out. We usually sat outside as we liked the atmosphere better out there, but it was very hot as the evening temperature doesn’t drop much from the daytime!

There are four a la carte restaurants, and you get one visit per week included. If you want to go more than this, it is only five euros per person extra, which is very reasonable. The only problem is that they get booked up very quickly, so I would suggest booking as early as possible, especially if you are only there for a week, as we couldn’t get into our first choice. There is a Turkish, Italian, Asian/Thai and a barbecue grill, and also a fish restaurant on the pier, but this is thirty euros, which I felt was a bit steep (although we didn’t go). We went to the Turkish restaurant, which was lovely. It made a nice change to have table service, and it was nice to try new foods. They keep numbers very low so that you get a high level of service. There were six courses, and we couldn’t eat half of the courses though as it was far too much, but a great experience.

Our room was really nice, with a mini bar included, which was a nice touch. It would have been much better to have had a twin room, as I had to share a double bed with my daughter, but this was not a big problem. We had a huge balcony, with a partial sea view, which we did not have to pay extra for. I would recommend higher floors for better views. I was disappointed that the safe was an additional charge, which I do not expect at a five star hotel, and the shower door leaked badly, but other than this, the room was good. The maid cleaned it well, and left fun towel art, which my daughters appreciated!

The pools are really nice. There is a ‘silent pool’ which is supposed to be adult-only, but this is not policed. We had one day by this pool to try it out, and as long as children are well behaved, it is not a problem. There is a Jacuzzi in this pool, which there is not in the main pool. There was a programme of entertainment run by the hotel’s entertainment team, who are brilliant. We don’t tend to get involved in this kind of thing, but the daily pool game became a highlight of the day to watch. If you don’t want to listen to this, the pool area is so big that you don’t need to. There are three big slides that are only open for certain times each day, but this is plenty and there are never long queues. There are also two smaller slides in the toddler pool which is great for younger children.

The hotel is right on the beach, which is a sand/shingle mix. The sea is lovely and warm, but can get very rough. A number of people were injured trying to walk out as it shelves down quite quickly and if you get caught by the waves they knock you over. This happened to my elder daughter, who badly grazed her knees and I saw it happen to a number of other people. Mornings tend to be calmer. There are plenty of sunbeds and shade which are free, and a watersports centre right infront of the hotel. We did a parasail, which was fun, and an inflatable ring, which I would advise against. This was very expensive for what it is, and as it is pulled by a jet ski, you get continually soaked in the spray from the back of it. I had to squeeze my eyes shut the whole time, and could hardly breathe at times as you get waves washing over you from the sides.

We did the Turkish bath booked through Thomson, which I would recommend. They take you by a minibus to a local Hammam, and you get the full body buff/bubbles followed by a lovely massage. They try to sell you a longer massage and face packs, but there isn’t any pressure to do this. I have been to a Turkish bath in previous years where the face mask was included, and the steam room here leaves a lot to be desired, but overall, it was a fun experience. My daughters were very impressed with their massages too!

As a single parent travelling alone with my children, I found this hotel to be a very friendly place, and we made good friends whilst there. People were generally really easy to talk to, and this really made our holiday to have company. Staff were friendly and keen to help.

We didn’t use the kids’ clubs as my children aren’t really into that kind of thing. There is a Thomson run one and a hotel one. A family that we met had attempted to use the Thomson one as their child wanted to meet new friends, but they were very disappointed with it. There were only a few other children attending the club, and very little organisation over the activities offered. On one occasion, they even turned her away as no one else had turned up for the session. The only sessions they seemed to run were the ones you had to pay an additional cost for, which surely is not the point of having a kids’ club ‘included’ in the facilities!

The entertainment in the evenings was really good, with a range of acts such as a Turkish show, acrobatics, and even the night where they got members of the audience on to the stage, which I usually hate, was really well done and funny. There was often something on later, including a party on the pier, cinema night, etc. However, we didn’t tend to partake in this, as it was more aimed at adults. There was always somewhere to sit in one of the bars, either inside or out, where you can play cards, sit and chat, etc.

Overall, this is a fantastic hotel, with many positives, and only a few areas for improvement. I would happily stay at the Liberty Hotel Lara again – and hopefully we will!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
17 Thank HolidayGuru76
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, 10 June 2015

Your Hotel Liberty Hotels Lara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (694)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed for 2 weeks in August 2013 with my husband, 3 year old daughter and my parents. Booked with Thomson who I would not recommend (very old Boeing 757, cramped with no legroom, and their boat trip was, in a word, bizarre). Resort of Lara beach had pretty much nothing to do but no real need to leave the hotel as it was excellent, although we did go to Antalya one evening which was fantastic, wished we had gone earlier as we would have visited again.

Check in very quick late at night, although no drink or flower as previous guests mentioned?? Bags were delivered to our room by helpful staff member. The room we were given was tiny, low ceilings and felt very claustrophobic, we requested a change which was completed a couple of days later, once we changed rooms to a large room right on the end of the building facing the sea with a huge balcony, everything was right in the world again! Housekeeping service wonderful, different design with the towels every day which my daughter loved, cleaned to a high standard and minibar stocked every day free of charge.

Food was varied, warm, plentiful, I especially liked the stir fries in the evening. The only small complaint I have is that there are too many nut-based desserts ( I have a nut allergy and couldn't enjoy any of the beautifully presented desserts as they were all laced with nutty products such as pistachios/almonds/maraschino cherries etc, such a pity as they looked fabulous!). Tried Italian a la carte which was enjoyable, although not strictly an Italian menu - not what I was expecting but a nice meal all the same, and a good change of scenery from the main restaurant. Yoruk tent good, pizza was tasty. Drinks were varied, if you go to the lobby bar you will find an all inclusive cocktail list, and the drinks were of a much higher quality in this bar compared with the pool bar.

One major letdown was the house wine in the restaurant - it was awful!! Red, white and rose were almost undrinkable. Please can the hotel source a couple of decent wines?! And the 'champagne' served on the pier was actually very low alcohol cider??? Strange, but it gave us a laugh anyway! Apart from this small issue, a cabana on the pier was a wonderful way to spend the day. We enjoyed jumping into the beautiful sea from the pier when we got too hot. Service on the pier was good too, from lunch to afternoon cakes and as many drinks from the minibar as you liked.

Entertainment was of a different class to any other hotel I've ever stayed in. Evening entertainment took place in the open air amphitheatre, good idea and created a great atmosphere for the shows (other Mediterranean holiday destinations e.g. Spain, take note!!) The in-house entertainment team were so hardworking and enthusiastic. The professional acts brought in were exceptional, Kenyan acrobats were fabulous, as were the Brazilian samba dancers. The pier party night was really good fun, the staff put such effort into everything. We were also there for Victory Day and the hotel really pulled out all the stops, although ice sculptures in 30 degree heat was an interesting choice!! The party in the sunset bar and the fireworks were great that night. The mini club was wonderful, our daughter was welcomed to join although strictly too young for it, staff there were brilliant and the activities too. Our daughter had the time of her life making pizzas, having her face painted, taking part in the kids show, and lots more... this was a really super kids club. She loved the mini disco too.

Pool areas were great, plenty of terrace space, and we enjoyed the slides. The silence pool was lovely, a welcome break while the little one was having fun at the mini club. Beach was nice too, coarse sand, lovely warm clear water and plenty of shade available.

I've written an essay here!! I just have so many nice things to say about this hotel :-) Really want to return again but seems to be quite expensive this year :-( Maybe next year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank peppa0601

newcastle
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hi,
Just got back today after 1 week at this hotel. Had a fab time.
I emailed the hotel (www.libertyhotelslara.co.uk) to request a top floor room and was given 8120. The staff got straight back to me and sorted out my request no problem.
Cant think of any negative things to say about the hotel, the staff work hard, constantly cleaning / sweeping etc so the place in immaculate.
Food - plenty of choice with numerous "Show" cooking stations, stir fry is delicious.
You must visit Muslum and colleagues at the fresh pizza station during the day.
Pool and beach areas are excellent and clean. You do need to get your sunbed early for the best spots.
English family of three with 11yr old daughter

2 Thank sadri5531
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Merhaba (Hello) Sadri,

First, we would like to express our personal gratitude for your kind review and the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us.

Second, on behalf of our entire team at Liberty Hotels Lara, we would like to sincerely thank you for staying with us AGAIN. At Liberty Hotels Lara our aim is to completely delight and satisfy our guests, make them feel home away from home. What makes us special is a combination of two things. The first describes what we are: an oasis for the well travelled. The second is what we bring to every one of our guests. It`s not about what they get, it is about how they feel. Emotional luxury.

Therefore it is a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive positive and encouraging remarks about our services and facilities such as yours. We are delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations and, that you enjoyed your time with us. In particular, it is nice to read that you appreciated the fresh pizza, stir fry and the delicious food.

We will certainly share your report with all our colleagues and we are convinced that accolades and sentiments such as yours will entice them to further improve their services.
You can follow us from '' Facebook.com/libertyhotelslara & twitter.com/laraliberty ''

Warm regards,
Spalding, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Once again a fantastic holiday at Liberty Lara! This Hotel has it all! friendly staff, clean rooms, great food and great facilities. Parna and Mustafa in guest relations are both very kind and very professional, thank you both. Gulchin on reception was exceptional, thank you! Omit and Servet were excellent restaurant managers and provided excellent service, thank you! The hotels entertainment and kids club staff were all Brill! Serge,Anna,Nese,Hulk,Danny and others became such good friends for Life! Young Mustafa in the sunset bar and Asian restaurant was just great, a lovely lad with a great future! Our time spent in the cobanas on the pier was again excellent and made more special by Mustafa's great service with a smile! Our main waiters in the evening were Abdullah and Sermet, thank you both for your friendship and excellent service. Although the hotel was full there was plenty of space in the swimming pools, yes you do need to get up early to claim your sunbeds but this happens everywhere! We suggest you try the a la carte restaurants as the food is to a high standard. There are plenty of sunbeds on the beach and the beach is clean, the sea was very warm. Just be careful as there is a drop in the sea just a few yards in! Finally, thank you all for making our stay a very special one! And thanks to the General Manager Sebastine for running a fantastic hotel with such good professional staff, you should feel very proud! We hope to see you next year, love from Pete, Rachel, Zara-jayne and Maddison xxxxxxxxx

2 Thank Rachel O
Dear Guests,

We would like to thank you for choosing Liberty Hotels Lara. We would be happy to welcome you again. See you again on your 3.rd holiday.

Roeselare, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Really my hopes for this hotel were not very high because after 12h no free drinks... I also thought that there would not be a lot of young people ... But i was wrong...
I met more then 30 new friends from all over europe. A lot of people from holland and from England, but that did not bother me. Because nowadays almost everyone is able to speak English.
The small hotel where the staff and the animation team Serdar, Daria, Deniz, Dany(playboy from russia) were very good for me, for everyone. And if you had problems you can always go to guest relations.. The place where i met Parna . She helped us a lot. So if you have questions go to guest relations.
The food was great but after 12 days ... I wanted belgian food back. In the afternoon you can eat very good pasta, if you have a date go there... Also pizza, gozleme and hamburgers and salads are available in afternoon. The only thing I missed at breakfast was NUTELLA haha.
I give this hotel and the staff 9/10 but my friends made my holiday better so 9,5/10 thanks a lot for the amazing holiday

Room Tip: De dubbele kamers zijn wat aan de kleine kant
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Gilles C
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Merhaba (Hello) Gilles,

Thank you for your continued patronage and excellent review regarding your most recent family stay with us! We do appreciate your kind comments regarding our Team Members and our lovely hotel.

It is truly appreciated and wonderful that we exceeded your expectations. It will be our pleasure to pass your positive comments about our friendly and helpful staff specially entertainment team. They are very passionate about ensuring that each and every stay exceeds your expectations.

we are striving to make your holiday truly an unforgettable one. Provided all the aspects you have mentioned, we realize that our aim is achieved. In addition, this means our team work does not go in vain.
As our slogan says " Time to build friendship" That’s why on our facebook page, you can keep in touch your friends you built in here.

Also your nice ending comment about your coming back makes us very proud!

Again, thank you for the gift of feedback and say hello to your lovely mom and dad!

Our warmest regards
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed at the Liberty for11 nights starting from 25th July 2014, with my wife and 10 year old son. This hotel did not disappoint. The staff were fantastic, especially both Mustafa's, one in guest relations and the other looking after you on the cabana's - all staff just couldn't not do enough for you. The only thing I felt let this hotel down was that they need a few more waiters in the evenings at dinner during peek season, they seemed rushed off their feet and lots of plates etc not being cleared away.

We have stayed in Belek at the Voyage Belek which we thought you couldn't top, until we came to the Liberty, for the simple fact the atmosphere at this hotel is fantastic, great mix of nationalities and it's not too big. The entertainment team was good and my son took a special liking to the lady that took Zumba. He kept disappearing at the same time every day?

The pizza they make at lunch are also fantastic, overall the food is off a very high standard.

We have already booked this hotel for next year and cannot wait!

Thank you for looking after us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Craig H
LIBERTY-HOTELS-LARA, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lara, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Merhaba (Hello) Craig H,

Thank you for leaving a wonderful review, and we'd also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Antalya. We are thrilled you decided to experience our hotel and ended up loving your entire experience.

From reading over your review, we saw you mentioned how helpful members of our team were. We are extremely lucky to have such amazing individuals working with us. They really do go above and beyond to ensure everything is always perfect for our patrons. We'll make sure to let everyone know of all your kind comments.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed many features of our hotel. Whether it was our delicious food and pizza, amazing , or our lovely cabanas on the pier.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. It really means a lot when guests take the time out of their day to write a thoughtful review. We hope you realize how much we appreciate it, and know this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed.
We would like to thank you for your suggestion in regards to the lack of waiters in the evenings, which we duly note, We always listen carefully to the views of all our guests as they help us to improve some aspects.

If we can ever do anything to accommodate you in a future visit to our property, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you. We look forward to seeing you again!
Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom

Date of Travel - 5th - 15th Aug 2014
We went for this hotel because it's got it all....all inclusive, large pools, kids slides, beach area, sun, heat......good food. We weren't disappointed at all...

Nice sized room for 2 adults and a 12 and 8 yr old. Good air con. Free mini bar (couple of beers, coke, water, ice tea- refreshed daily). Safe costs 10Euro per week. Relatively small bathroom...not a powerful shower....but good enough for me and the 3 girls! Small balcony - but you would not sit out - cos it's just too hot!

Rest of hotel is air conditioned - but not to any great degree...same in restaurant. Not a problem - but room is only place to be really cool.

To get a sunbed around the pool you have to be up and putting towels on before 7.30AM. You can get a sunbed on beach pretty much any time. Or go for a Cabana on the pier - 75Eu per day - waiter service, lovely breeze - a great treat (negotiate for multiple days)

loads of food options - sit in or out at restaurant for B'fast, lunch and dinner.
Pasta at Silence bar
Snacks at Sunset bar
Pancakes, Pizza, Chicken, salad in Yoruk tent
Fruit man comes around 2 or 3 times per day

Clearly no pork based stuff....but very good selection of food....including a build your own stir fry which is worth queing for.

People ate early - busy by 7.30...unlike Spain where it's a 9PM rush. Always places to sit though...unless you want a table for 10.

massive swimming pool....and good sized pool with slides for younger kids. good slides into sep. pool for older kids - open 10 - 12 14 - 16.30 ish

Lovely warm sea....and a sand beach you can walk up and down for ages.

watersport area every 500 yds.....banana rides, paraseiling, jet skis etc. We did paraseiling - 30 Eu each for a ride out into the sea and a 7 min trip....worth doing for view and quite exciting!

Loads going on during day...and reps are lovely - not at all pushy. Music by the pool is pretty loud.....starts with a cockerel shreech at 10AM (woke me up once :-o ) and then reggae for a bit until the dance music for the pool games. Some chillout stuff in the PM and then you're done. Would not suit someone who likes peace and quiet. We loved it though....

Evening entertainment good quality in Ampitheatre....and then there's a disco / party / mini rave every night....usually with free cocktails. Great for all ages....and better than anything you get in Spain / Canaries.....You can always go the lobby bar where it's quiet....oh - apart from people who think it's fine to play movies / TV shows / Radio commentary / do facetime on their mobiles for all to hear....but that's just a modern day problem everywhere (grrrrr!)

Great gym and very cool indoor pool. We have a Turkish bath massage package as a couple- well worth it.

Wifi is OK for light usage (twitter / whatap) pretty much everywhere....

Staff friendly....and guest realations walks around the hotel daily

Not much to do outside hotel - short walk to shopping centre pretty much full of hooky goods....there's no copyright law in Turkey. We used shops in hotel - the bag shop and watch shop guys are very friendly and easy to do business with.

Overall - very good hotel for a family break with kids of any age. Prob. not recommended for singles or people looking for a total chill out.

6 Thank Adam L