“excellent time!!”

Sherwood Breezes Resort
Ranked #19 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Had a really good holiday the food was great, animation team was funny they made you feel welcome. They gave you things to do day and night. The hotel was very clean. all in all great place to go!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sarahhead
Shrwood, Guest Relations Manager at Sherwood Breezes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Madam Sarah,

It was nice hosting you. See you again:)

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Having returned from a 1 week stay at the Sherwood Breezes on 7th May i have to say i really enjoyed my time there.Yes the entertainment could have been better but as a group of ladies we had a laugh. The staff were really friendly especially at the tower bar the only miserable one was the lady who gave out towels and she smelled badly of body odour.

The food was fantastic the rooms were a good sized the air con a bit hit & miss. The grounds pools etc were lovely and clean and the spa amazing had a turkish bath would recommend one it was fab. I say just book it & go it is well worth a trip.

Room Tip: The side sea view room are nice
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Joanne653
Shrwood, Guest Relations Manager at Sherwood Breezes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear Madam Joanne,

We are glad that you had a blast here.I must say there has been changes in the towel lady and your review has been very helpful.

We hope to see you soon.

Have a nice weekend.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

First off I'd like to start by saying we had a fabulous holiday here but that was mainly to do with the company we were in rather than the hotel itself. This review is likely to come across pretty negative and whilst I don't want this to be the case I'm going to be brutally honest.

OK so first off we'll start with the good things:

Food - The food here was fabulous. Every meal had something for everyone and the amount of choice was astonishing. The Italian A la Carte was superb as well (avoid the Turkish one, it made all 4 of us ill)
Amenities- The facilities were great, massive hotel grounds with loads to do, they had shooting, archery, and darts on throughout the day, 4 or 5 different pools (although the main pool was absolutely freezing) and 4 really good waterslides. Along with this there were loads of activites on the beach such as jetskiing and paracending although these were not cheap.
Bars - There's loads of them. Everywhere you look there's a bar serving all the local alcohol, I think my liver is going to take a year to recover!

OK, now onto the not so good.

Staff - There were some friendly staff, especially in the main bar and restaurant. The bellboys were exceptionally friendly and so were the receptionists. However, the staff at the music bar were either exceptionally rude or couldn't understand a word of English. One guy didn't even know what a beer was. The lady at the towels drop off was absolutely miserable as sin. She never once said a word not even if you tried to engage her and needed a hard lesson in personal hygiene - the smell was horrific.My sister and brother in law were on their honeymoon and when they arrived found that they had twin beds despite ordering a double room. The maid that came up promptly entered the room took a big kick at the first bed so it shunted together and said 'there - no problem' and walked out. The receptionist was lovely after we complained but there was a general feeling of unhelpfulness from the maids. However the biggest complaint I have about the staff was the guest relations lady that sits next to reception. Not the black lady who was fabulous, the other one. If you are in a job that is customer service, you would think that the first thing you would do would be to listen to the complaint before completely launching into a tirade. This is basically two complaints in one as the original complaint was about the air conditioning, or lack of it. This hotel does not have air conditioning - don't let the brochures fool you. Actually let me re-phrase, it does have air conditioning but this only runs from 16:30 - 19:30. Yep, you read that correctly, it's centrally controlled and it's one on all on - despite the thermostat in the room. When we arrived not even the centrally controlled one was on as it 'wasn't hot enough yet'. Excuse me but I'll be the judge f whether I deem it hot enough thank you very much.We finally got our rep to ensure that they switched it on which led to us having this ridiculous timed air con that was no good to man nor beast.
I think the majority of the staff complaints stem from the fact that this hotel is entirely structured around the Germans and the Russians. They seemed to get a far better service than the Brits, Dutch and Scandinavians, despite this being a hotel modelled on Robin Hood.

Rooms - I've mentioned the aircon so won't go into that again but the rooms were very shabby. It's just not a five star as a Brit understands the term. I know the hotel is one of the cheapest in Lara beach so I can't complain too much but is it too much to ask that they change the 1970 decor? The bathroom was basically a travelodge, right down to the stuck on the wall bottle of Lux to wash you're hair, you know so you don't steal the toiletries! The lights were completly random and each light switch changed it's function every night. My partner and I began taking bets on which one would switch on which light....

Entertainment team - This is contentious one as I know that many people will disagree with me, including my sister that went with us but to me, the entertainment team was geared towards a pontins type audience. The evening entertainment was OK I spose, and some of the bands on the music bar were quite good, but for the most part, they were just very very annoying. The main gripe I have is with the guy that decides after every shooting or archery session everyone has to chant at the top of their voices. This goes on throughout the day and is so annoying I just can't tell you. The Germans seemed to love it though, apparently they can't get enough of a bit of chanting. The second annoying thing was the volume of the main pools music and compere. I understand that youngsters like to play games and water polo and such but they played the music which was generally lewd gangster rap (hey I love a bit of NWA as much as the next man but watching a 7 year old gyrate to straight outta compton is slightly unnerving). There is a relax pool that's open to adults only and is generally supposed to be relaxing, pretty hard to do when you've got 30 Germans chanting and Dr Dre telling me he's gonna put a cap in my......Well you get the picture

My final complaint is one of exploitation. The entertainment team is basically headed up by a dwarf that bears a resemblance to Elvis. The first time we saw him he was giving it some on the dance floor at the music bar, he's a pretty awesome dancer. No issues there of course. However, on one of our last days they did a kind of show in the pool where a shark was trying to eat lady gaga and various heroes and superheroes made attempts to save her (it was actually far funnier than it sounds) After about 4 attempots by various muppets dressed up as heroes, the dwarf turns up in a superman costume, clearly absolutely terrified. He is then picked up by 6 people and unceremoniously chucked about 10 foot into the pool. Now he had armbands on which is obviously not a good sign, one of these came off and he proceeded to panic and without the aid of the 'shark' would have probably drowned. I'm ashamed to say that I laughed so much I nearly puked but still, i'm not sure dwarf throwing followed by dwarf drowning should be part of any hotels entertainment.

Anyway, that's the rants basically - Like I said it's a great place and some of the trips were awesome but if we went again I'd stump up a bit more cash and stay in one of the the other hotels on the strip.

Room Tip: The side sea view basically means you overlook another hotels pool where as the main sea view is str...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Simon_Hartshorn
Shrwood, Guest Relations Manager at Sherwood Breezes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear Simon,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen our Hotel for your holiday.What a pity you had some difficulty under some circumstances.It is absurd that the Turkish restaurant did not suit your taste.However, i am glad that the Italian did.I do understand that different food cultures would not suit us all.
concerning hygenic grounds and behavioral matter,despite the training offered, we have also given a heavy warning.
İnspite of the negatives,it is also nice to hear the good ones.We have already started preparations for woks on renewing the hotel.The Guest Relations department too are undergoing a revolution where by young,dinamik and energetic staff will be recruited to deal in customer satisfaction .While dealing with different nationalities, it could be very hard to capture personal thoughts unless being informed otherwise, we have had no problem being a multı-cultural family hotel.Everyone is equal before us.
Actually one of the reasons am writing to you is to request you to get to me via guestrelation@sherwoodresort.com.tr to explain a few of the matters mentioned above in detail.On getting these details we will solve more problems.
İ'll be glad to hear from you again.

Have a pleasant week.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 12 May 2012

Our second visit to the Lara area of Antalya, and this time chose the Sherwood Breezes. We are so glad we did, as this was the far best holiday our family have been on.
If anyone has ever left bad remarks about this brilliant establishment, then they must be barking mad!
Myself, wife, 2 children, and our inlaws (2 adults and 2 kids) vistied the first week of May for a 10 day stay.
The hotel is spotless, everywhere you go there are people, clearing, cleaning, and maitaining the high standards. Food is absolutely superb, loads of choice and you never get fed up of it. Snacks as and when you want them, and as an ultra 24hr all inclusive, no queues !!!

Sunbeds....... dont even bother to try and beat our german friends to the beds as here they dont rush for them, 11am in the morning there are hundreds free.
Alcohol is plentiful, all be it there own brands, but we managed many a merry night, and the turkish efes pilsner is superb.

Animation team (entertainment) is varied all be it a bit cheesy for some, but the team are so funny and friendly the all deserve medals. I cannot name all of them, but i have to say thanks to "TITO" who is a "little person" and will have you in histerics.

No one is in your face, if you want to do your own thing, no one hassles you, but if you want to have a laugh and join in the activities, i cant think of anyone else i would rather do it with.

The hotel grounds are immaculate, landscaped very cleverly, little wood huts with old turkish ladies in, baking fresh bread snacks for you to snack on, beach bar and bistro, lovely cool breezes whilst you eat and watch the world go by. Aqua Bar in in the evening has extra entertainment aimed at the over 40's, live singers etc, this is in addition to the family shows everynight. Mini waterpark over 2 pools. Also and adult only pool, with outside whirpool and relaxation area if thats your bag.
Free wifi for anyone like me who is on a business link all the time im away.
Massage centre. me and my wife had the most brilliant 3 day coarse of turkish baths and messages...... ask for Murrit, he is the bald guy with goaty beard.... its the best 150.00 quid ive ever spent (thats 2 adults for 3 days) it would be double the price here.

In summery, if you are looking for and adult stop, or a family holiday, in a spotless hotel, with top service and ultra facilities, JUST BOOK IT !!

Room Tip: sea front views are breathtaking, side sea views are great, rear rooms aover look main road and lans...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Keith H

Dear Keith,

What a nice review. I am pleased that you took all your time to explain all your experience.
Do keep in touch and do not hesitste to get back to usshould you need any help.

Have a lovely day.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have to admit after reading some of the reviews on here I was really apprehensive about going to Sherwood! But that soon disappeared. The hotel was lovely, very clean and all the staff are so friendly and helpful. There is a good selection of food all fresh and the BBQ food served on the terrace is delicious! Kids get there own little seating area and food selection my Son loved it!( You wont get an typical English breakfast though).The entertainment is fantastic throughout the day and evening, You wont be bored! The animation team are brilliant and really do work so hard. The kids disco is excellent we bought a C.D of the music and my Sons still dancing away to it now. We are looking to book for next year my Husband and myself have never returned to a hotel before but Sherwood won us over 100 percent such a fantastic holiday a big thank you too all the staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jimpy09

Dear Jimpy09,

How nice that you appreciate out efforts.
We would love to see you again.

Have a nice day.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

As returning guests to this hotel this year will be our 3rd time with our family 5Adults & 2 kids.The hotel is so clean,the staff are so friendly & very helpfull.The food is fresh & plentyfull something 4 everyone 2 eat.The kids entertainment is first class & the kids club staff are so helpful,friendly & patient with the kids :) .. The beach is so clean & the jetti is so relaxing. The weather is just the icing on the cake.. We are so looking forward 2 coming back in JUNE 2012 for 2 weeks. the kids keep talking about YOHAN, DAVID,SERHAT, EGEMAN & NOT FORGETTING EROL OUR FRIENDLY WAITER ...... PITY THE FLIGHT TIMES ARE SO POOR FROM SCOTLAND. MOSTLY NITE FLIGHTS !!!!

Room Tip: Pool view very good though rooms at other side of building overlook other hotels. But all in all not...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank sharon g
Shrwood, Guest Relations Manager at Sherwood Breezes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Goodmorning Madam Sharon,

It will be very nice to see you again.Please do send us your arrival details on stellaakullo@sherwoodresort.com.tr

See you soon...:)

Stella R.AKULLO

Reviewed 10 May 2012

i booked this holiday a week before i went last june and werent too sure what to expect as i was not a fan of turkey as we didnt have the best experience in marmaris a few years before, this is the best hotel overall i have been too! not only is it beautiful the food is really good through out the whole day. the staff in the resturant was so friendly and loved the kids!

lots of entertainment constantly going on day and night, i seriously have no negative points on this hotel...... you have won me over!

i have booked this holiday again for this june for 10 nights as 7 days is not enough in this place!

roll on june!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank kayleigh m

Dear Kayleigh,

How nice to hear that our family is growing.We can't wait to host you again.We would be very glad if you send us your reservation details.

Have a pleasant weekend.