“Brilliant! Don't listen to the bad reviews!!!”

Sherwood Breezes Resort
Ranked #19 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed at sherwood last year and it was defiantly our best holiday yet!
The hotel and bedroom was spotless
The grounds are lovely! Right on the beach!
The food was delicious, something different for each night, some themed nights too which was fun! You can get food from somewhere in the hotel what ever the time is! The ice cream bar was great too! There is also an al la carte restraunt either Turkish or Italian food if you wish to eat there one night instead of the usual buffet!
The service was great, all the staff was very friendly!
There was a few Germans in the hotel but also many british people who we got talking to and were very nice!
The best part of the holiday by far was defiantly the entertainment team, they we're all fantastic and deserve a pay rise!
Especially TITO and the other man with the curly hair! The DJ Mario was also very good! Are the entertainment team still the same this year as they was in 2011? I hope so because we have booked to visit again for 1 week in June!
I hope it is as good this year as it was last year!
Don't listen to the bad reviews! There's no pleasing some people! Book it up you'll have a fab time!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011
5  Thank Soph2216
Shrwood, Guest Relations Manager at Sherwood Breezes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Madam Soph2216,

Thank you for having spared time to share your review.

Sure, 2011's entertainment team are the same as the year's (2012) They can't wait to see you.

See you in June.

GUEST RELATIONS MANAGER

Write a ReviewReviews (2,959)

Reviewed 20 May 2012

first holiday since i was little went for my 21st birthday, deffo go again food was brill, staff was friendly, kept you busy with activites, shows were really funny, the views are amazingand love how u go through the gardens to go straight on the beach, the rooms were fresh and clean filledyour mini bar up every morning, the view at night is amazing from the rooms, my family enjoyed it soo much they have just gone back for 2week, and they have beenalot of places, am soo jealous haha, hoping to go in 2013 sometime amazing

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Shrwood, Guest Relations Manager at Sherwood Breezes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Nice review,thank you.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Just returned from a weeks stay with 16 family members, the hotel was nice and clean, entertainment team were brill and interact with everyone, especially Ferdi, he was great!!!! The food was very poor and warm at best, had a few moments with Raw chicken!! Our room bedding was Never changed and the room fridge was actually warm not cold but stocked up every day. Indoor swimming pool very cold and the shower cubicles there were dirty, I mean really dirty! We had lovely photos taken but left with none as the photo team were arrogant and very rude to my wife, I was forced to tell them were to shove there photos, seriously rude people! Some bar staff were brill but others rude and basically throw your drink at you.
Rained twice whilst we were there and everything outside was closed even the food bar, so we were forced indoors with nothing to do.the outside slides were closed at 4 o clock everyday which was not good for the 10 kids we had with us, will not be returning to this hotel, finally, this hotel is for the Germans and Dutch, not us Brits!!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Dave H
Shrwood, Guest Relations Manager at Sherwood Breezes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Mr. Dave,

I have read your review very carefully and it is absurd that certain things did not please you.We are an international hotel and do not segregate our guests.What a pity that the so praised food and personel did not suit your interest.However,review has been be of great help.
For health purposes, the indoor pool can only be heated at 29 degrees and not more.It would be nice that you share your problems with us while still on holiday inforder to have them fixed Thats why i would like to speak with you.
I would be glad if you got back to me on guestrelation@sherwoodresort.com.tr

Hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

We arrived and was very nervous after reading some very unrealstic reviews. We had a great time from the minute we checked in to the day we left. The room, food, and staff was lovely and could not do more.
My wife was ill whilst we was there with a absess, and the efficency from the medical room in the hotel to the visiting doctor was second to none, and this gave us confidence for future holidays just how great their service was. We enjoyed ourselves so much we have booked for March 2013 as this was our second visit to Lara beach, however now we would always choose to stay at the Sherwood breeze.
I am a very fussy british traveller and some of the negative reviews from people are damaging and nto called for. Anyone visiting this hotel could only leave feeling they have had a great holiday.
we look forward to our next visit in March 2013. Regards Mr & Mrs Heaton

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank karl H

Good day Mr&Mrs. Heaton,

It's sometimes true that these negative reviews could have a bad effect on readers.However, sometimes it is work taking heart, being yourself and living the experience yourself since everyone is looking for something different.How nice that we made you happy.

See you again.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Had a really good holiday the food was great, animation team was funny they made you feel welcome. They gave you things to do day and night. The hotel was very clean. all in all great place to go!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sarahhead

Dear Madam Sarah,

It was nice hosting you. See you again:)

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Having returned from a 1 week stay at the Sherwood Breezes on 7th May i have to say i really enjoyed my time there.Yes the entertainment could have been better but as a group of ladies we had a laugh. The staff were really friendly especially at the tower bar the only miserable one was the lady who gave out towels and she smelled badly of body odour.

The food was fantastic the rooms were a good sized the air con a bit hit & miss. The grounds pools etc were lovely and clean and the spa amazing had a turkish bath would recommend one it was fab. I say just book it & go it is well worth a trip.

Room Tip: The side sea view room are nice
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Joanne653
Shrwood, Guest Relations Manager at Sherwood Breezes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear Madam Joanne,

We are glad that you had a blast here.I must say there has been changes in the towel lady and your review has been very helpful.

We hope to see you soon.

Have a nice weekend.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

First off I'd like to start by saying we had a fabulous holiday here but that was mainly to do with the company we were in rather than the hotel itself. This review is likely to come across pretty negative and whilst I don't want this to be the case I'm going to be brutally honest.

OK so first off we'll start with the good things:

Food - The food here was fabulous. Every meal had something for everyone and the amount of choice was astonishing. The Italian A la Carte was superb as well (avoid the Turkish one, it made all 4 of us ill)
Amenities- The facilities were great, massive hotel grounds with loads to do, they had shooting, archery, and darts on throughout the day, 4 or 5 different pools (although the main pool was absolutely freezing) and 4 really good waterslides. Along with this there were loads of activites on the beach such as jetskiing and paracending although these were not cheap.
Bars - There's loads of them. Everywhere you look there's a bar serving all the local alcohol, I think my liver is going to take a year to recover!

OK, now onto the not so good.

Staff - There were some friendly staff, especially in the main bar and restaurant. The bellboys were exceptionally friendly and so were the receptionists. However, the staff at the music bar were either exceptionally rude or couldn't understand a word of English. One guy didn't even know what a beer was. The lady at the towels drop off was absolutely miserable as sin. She never once said a word not even if you tried to engage her and needed a hard lesson in personal hygiene - the smell was horrific.My sister and brother in law were on their honeymoon and when they arrived found that they had twin beds despite ordering a double room. The maid that came up promptly entered the room took a big kick at the first bed so it shunted together and said 'there - no problem' and walked out. The receptionist was lovely after we complained but there was a general feeling of unhelpfulness from the maids. However the biggest complaint I have about the staff was the guest relations lady that sits next to reception. Not the black lady who was fabulous, the other one. If you are in a job that is customer service, you would think that the first thing you would do would be to listen to the complaint before completely launching into a tirade. This is basically two complaints in one as the original complaint was about the air conditioning, or lack of it. This hotel does not have air conditioning - don't let the brochures fool you. Actually let me re-phrase, it does have air conditioning but this only runs from 16:30 - 19:30. Yep, you read that correctly, it's centrally controlled and it's one on all on - despite the thermostat in the room. When we arrived not even the centrally controlled one was on as it 'wasn't hot enough yet'. Excuse me but I'll be the judge f whether I deem it hot enough thank you very much.We finally got our rep to ensure that they switched it on which led to us having this ridiculous timed air con that was no good to man nor beast.
I think the majority of the staff complaints stem from the fact that this hotel is entirely structured around the Germans and the Russians. They seemed to get a far better service than the Brits, Dutch and Scandinavians, despite this being a hotel modelled on Robin Hood.

Rooms - I've mentioned the aircon so won't go into that again but the rooms were very shabby. It's just not a five star as a Brit understands the term. I know the hotel is one of the cheapest in Lara beach so I can't complain too much but is it too much to ask that they change the 1970 decor? The bathroom was basically a travelodge, right down to the stuck on the wall bottle of Lux to wash you're hair, you know so you don't steal the toiletries! The lights were completly random and each light switch changed it's function every night. My partner and I began taking bets on which one would switch on which light....

Entertainment team - This is contentious one as I know that many people will disagree with me, including my sister that went with us but to me, the entertainment team was geared towards a pontins type audience. The evening entertainment was OK I spose, and some of the bands on the music bar were quite good, but for the most part, they were just very very annoying. The main gripe I have is with the guy that decides after every shooting or archery session everyone has to chant at the top of their voices. This goes on throughout the day and is so annoying I just can't tell you. The Germans seemed to love it though, apparently they can't get enough of a bit of chanting. The second annoying thing was the volume of the main pools music and compere. I understand that youngsters like to play games and water polo and such but they played the music which was generally lewd gangster rap (hey I love a bit of NWA as much as the next man but watching a 7 year old gyrate to straight outta compton is slightly unnerving). There is a relax pool that's open to adults only and is generally supposed to be relaxing, pretty hard to do when you've got 30 Germans chanting and Dr Dre telling me he's gonna put a cap in my......Well you get the picture

My final complaint is one of exploitation. The entertainment team is basically headed up by a dwarf that bears a resemblance to Elvis. The first time we saw him he was giving it some on the dance floor at the music bar, he's a pretty awesome dancer. No issues there of course. However, on one of our last days they did a kind of show in the pool where a shark was trying to eat lady gaga and various heroes and superheroes made attempts to save her (it was actually far funnier than it sounds) After about 4 attempots by various muppets dressed up as heroes, the dwarf turns up in a superman costume, clearly absolutely terrified. He is then picked up by 6 people and unceremoniously chucked about 10 foot into the pool. Now he had armbands on which is obviously not a good sign, one of these came off and he proceeded to panic and without the aid of the 'shark' would have probably drowned. I'm ashamed to say that I laughed so much I nearly puked but still, i'm not sure dwarf throwing followed by dwarf drowning should be part of any hotels entertainment.

Anyway, that's the rants basically - Like I said it's a great place and some of the trips were awesome but if we went again I'd stump up a bit more cash and stay in one of the the other hotels on the strip.

Room Tip: The side sea view basically means you overlook another hotels pool where as the main sea view is str...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Simon_Hartshorn
Shrwood, Guest Relations Manager at Sherwood Breezes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear Simon,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen our Hotel for your holiday.What a pity you had some difficulty under some circumstances.It is absurd that the Turkish restaurant did not suit your taste.However, i am glad that the Italian did.I do understand that different food cultures would not suit us all.
concerning hygenic grounds and behavioral matter,despite the training offered, we have also given a heavy warning.
İnspite of the negatives,it is also nice to hear the good ones.We have already started preparations for woks on renewing the hotel.The Guest Relations department too are undergoing a revolution where by young,dinamik and energetic staff will be recruited to deal in customer satisfaction .While dealing with different nationalities, it could be very hard to capture personal thoughts unless being informed otherwise, we have had no problem being a multı-cultural family hotel.Everyone is equal before us.
Actually one of the reasons am writing to you is to request you to get to me via guestrelation@sherwoodresort.com.tr to explain a few of the matters mentioned above in detail.On getting these details we will solve more problems.
İ'll be glad to hear from you again.

Have a pleasant week.