I usually do not prefer "impersonal", "mass-production", "all-inclusive", "eat-till-you-drop" kinda holidays in "larger-than-life" hotels. My concept of holiday is spent in tranquil, small, boutique hotels with a certain character, (if at all possible) "history". But, we found such a hot deal (the rates were almost 1/3rd of the avarage prices in peak holiday season) that we could not miss it.
Actually, I was pleasently surprised in The Marmara, Antalya. Ok, its an old hotel. Its 4 stars. The interior is nowhere near sleek, contemporary or luxury. But, they had given it such a twist that our spacious room felt like our own "Summer House" in Antalya's coast line. There was something particularly tranquil about these cool rooms. They had managed to create this alluring, laid-back atmosphere with the help of easy-going colors, simple yet comfortable furnitures, smart and sensitively-lit spaces and various other fun design tricks. I guess, for the first time in my life, I prefered the soothing atmosphere of a hotel room more than taking advantage of the sea. (We had spend as much time in our room as in the beach. Especially enjoyed reading or playing computer games by the wooden console table near the deck-like windows. The panaromic view of the Mediterranian Sea was unforgettable).
Other than atmospheric rooms;
- the breakfast had a wide variety and fair food.
- the pool area was generally noisy with small kids (and their screams could be clearly heard all the way from our room on the 9th floor). But we didn't mind much...
- The beach part (actually its not a "beach" beach with sand and everything. Its a bunch of rocks from where you ladder down yourself to the warm Mediterranian waters) is a bit far but that's ok.
- The sea is clean and majestic.
- The clientele is mixed; ranging from Italians to Arabs. Everybody got alone so well and enjoyed the twist of faith that brought us all together in one place :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A dynamic, surprising, pure, extraordinary product: The Marmara Antalya. Simple lines, crazy colors, comfort, dynamism, aesthetics, leisureness, technology, flavor, broad spaces, shared spaces, quiet corners, endless scenery of the Mediterranean are all united at The Marmara Antalya. Decorated by French architect, Christian Allart and mentioned by pioneers magazines in the sector such as; ‘Marie Claire Maison’, Maison Francaise’ ‘Home Art’, ‘Cosmo Girl’, ‘Harpers Bazaar’ from its opening day, The Marmara Antalya with its unique architecture and ‘HIP design’ aims to surprise the guests by going beyond what is accustomed and offers a refreshing alternative to Antalya with its quality. The hotel also accepts pets.The only pet friendly Hotel in the city Center of Antalya... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Marmara Antalya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marmara Antalya Hotel Antalya
- Marmara Hotel Antalya
- Antalya Marmara Hotel