3,699 results
All reviews shuttle bus water park wild area wet n wild panorama bar the main hotel mini buses turkey hotel pool kids club guest services pool view shuttle service ice cream lounge bar family holiday all ages
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Well what can I say.... came for a family holiday - 10 of us. Dad spent in the reign of £8000 to treat the family. We should have known we’d have issues as it didn’t start well. Arrived at 1.30am with at 2yr old who had been on the go for 18hrs. No cot (as requested) had to wait for one to be delivered.

The Air conditioning in our room didn’t work either. Waited 3 days (and had 3 different visits) for someone who understood English to get it sorted whilst we slept in our own sweat. They kept telling me to close the door and wait ten minutes - 8hrs overnight with the door closed didn’t help either. The issue was years worth of fluff - maybe it should be standard to clean the filters regularly so that two adults and a child don’t suffer. I have a chronic skin condition and if I overheat I end up with infections. I had to start taking medication the doctor gave me prior to going because of this.

Language barrier proved a problem throughout. You rarely got the drink you ordered if you did get it at all. And usually they’d take it before you’d finished. The same with food - if you left your plate to get a drink or sauce - they’d start clearing up!

After the air conditioning was fixed we found other faults which I personally wouldn’t expect from a 5* hotel.
•Bathroom door stop broken off completely
•Hairdryer had no back on so sucked my hair in which I had to pull out - breaking hair
•Chairs front legs broken which collapsed with me on it was taken to be fixed but wasn’t brought back until the last day!
• Cots bed sheets not changed for 8 days (and even then I had to ask for them to be done)
• Being on the first floor - our balcony became the ashtray for the 6 floors above
• Floors were never cleaned
• wallpaper stapled back onto the wall in the bathroom and a cotton bud (thankfully not used) spent the duration of the holiday on the floor between the bathroom cabinet and wall
• Mums room - filled kettle - water leaked out
• Sisters room - sink wouldn’t keep water in so couldn’t wash swimwear - wasn’t fixed
• giant human toe nail on the carpet outside my room for a few days

Was given a fruit bowl each after we complained - that was the only form of “apology”. Although I could have walked downstairs to get my own and what I like so not really what I would class an apology.

Cats whilst the hotel do offer places for the cats to sleep and eat/drink - the flower beds around the pool were used as litter trays so the occasionally smell of cat poop in 40 degree heat! Plus the kittens were used as toys for parents of non British children to play with whilst they ate. Unfortunately when I say play I mean - throw in the air, kick, chase and put in trees. We did complain and the hotel addressed but whilst they are there - children aren’t going to leave them alone.

Food hall! Was what I can only describe as a free for all. People shooting about in all directions with plates of food. Foreign nationals (never the British - as every British person I spoke to agreed) pushed in the “queue”. Picked up food with their hands and then put it back. People Also tried the food (took a bite) and then put it back!!! Food was ok, but not enough selection of kids. My son eats literally anything but only ended up eating pizza and chips. I suggested that perhaps they mirror the food so that the people are spread out rather than fighting to get to one area. We’ve had this in other hotels and it works really well and far more relaxing!

In fact for 4 days we ate elsewhere to avoid the “bun fight” as we fondly came to know it.

Foreign nationals also don’t know how to queue for the lifts or shuttle bus - they are arrogant and rude. Whenever we went anywhere we felt like we needed to do a warm up. Not at all relaxing and enjoyable.

Very little entertainment at the hotel itself so you literally stayed at the bar which is very boring for kids.
When we did venture to the entertainment- there were bouncy castles - with around 500 children bundling on - again no queues and no one to monitor. Our 2 year old had to be rescued by us after being crushed my children of all ages!

To be fair - the wet and wild park was fantastic, good entertainment for all throughout the day.

Hotel itself generally clean just a pity this didn’t reflect in the rooms.

And most staff we encountered were friendly even if they couldn’t understand what we were saying. We’d like to give a particular shout out to Mustafa in Entertainment - lovey chap, friendly, funny and made us feel welcome! Give that man a pay rise!

All in all - not the most relaxing holiday I’ve had and certainly was looking forward to.

Wouldn’t rate as 5* at all. Been on 4 star holidays which were far more supreme. For the money we spent - it’s beyond disappointing and we won’t be returning.

Staff never even thanked us for our stay or asked if we had a nice time when we left.

11  Thank K064
Aska_Lara_CRM, CRM Assistant Manager at Aska Lara Resort & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear K064,

First of all I would like to say that it was very sad to read your comments and we are sincerely sorry for all kind of inconveniences you have experienced during your stay and it seems that the whole holiday was a big challenge for you. I will not try to reply each of your comments and try to reduce hotel responsibilit. Obviously this time we fell short and due to some reasons could not provide you a great hotel experience or could not make you feel the same way as plenty of other guests who are more than satisfied with their stay at Aska Lara. But it was a relief to know that there were few positive aspects during your stay, thank you for mentioning them. Your feedback is important to us as it gives the opportunity to re-evaluate our services and point out the scopes for further perfection. We hope, one day you will find the reason to visit us again and give us another chance to win your loyalty and trust.

Kindly,
Jana Revina
CRM Assistant Manager
Aska Lara Resort & SPA

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Went 17june first time to Turkey, was a bit worried bout the reviews but from a personal point we loved the hotel and staff excellent and friendly always wanting to help, hotel was excepsontinal 5star stated was 5 star, would recommend and deffo go again

2  Thank Rubel A
Aska_Lara_CRM, CRM Agent at Aska Lara Resort & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Rubel,

Thank you for your feedback and the high rating.We are very happy that you have been pleased with all the services at our our hotel. We hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Plus side first let me think rooms were okay ,checking in was a nightmare we got off the coach where they put all the suitcases to the side filled in forms at reception was told to take a seat waited half hour ,then got card for room told where it was when asked about suitcases they said it's okay we will bring them up ,waited up to forty five minutes on cause .no entertainment unless you travelled down to the beach in the shuttle bus which can be a experience Adult pool is tiny with about 15 sun beds round it with kids in them .restuarant was like a cattle market lots of people with no manners especially the Russians .kids running around all over the place .you could not have a quiet drink any place for kids crying or playing with balls or water guns .you have to pay ten euros each to go to the other restaurants which was nothing special.They also kept running out of branded drinks every couple of days ,which you only got at one of the bars .Food was very basic if you like fish ,chicken and kebab meet nothing special.certainly not a five star hotel as I have been to a few in Lara beach will definitely not be back !

Stayed: June 2018
7  Thank 459ginge68
Aska_Lara_CRM, CRM Assistant Manager at Aska Lara Resort & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear 459ginge68i,

Thank you a lot for the sharing your very important for us feedback. We are glad to hear there was at least one hotel aspect you have enjoyed so the room. Though we are very saddened you were unsatisfied with the rest of your stay and would like to apologize for all kind of inconveniences you have encountered starting from luggage delivery to a drinks in the bars and behavior of some other guests. Though we can not discriminate any nations or groups according to behaviours of one or few of them and we expect our guests to do same and not mention about any specific nation or group even if they have problem with one or some people during their holidays. We are indeed a family friendly resort, sad you were disturbed by our small guests. That is the main hotel concept of dividing it into two so relax and active areas, so that is why all entertainments are supposed to be conducted only in one of them (at the beach side). We will check every point mentioned in your review to make the necessary adjustments where it is possible as soon as possible, as a resort we greatly value the feedback which we receive from our guests as we constantly strive to maintain high standard of service.

Jana Revina
CRM Assistant Manager
Aska Lara Resort & SPA

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is by far the best hotel I have stayed in, the animation team are fantastic and great with the young children. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family. I would visit again I have had such a great time here nothing was to much to ask for. Thank you aska Lara see you again next year.

3  Thank Michaela S

Dear Michaela,

Thank you for your feedback and the high rating.We are very happy that you have been pleased with the all the services at our our hotel. That is a great pleasure for us to hear that you have found the Animation team fantastic and great! Thank you for the recommending our hotel. We hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Really good hotel. I really loved the the shows and atmosphere. Very friendly staff and animation team. Good shows and good service. Top top top top, very top animation team. They really tried to give these guests a good time!
De
Nuff said

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bregt D

Dear Bregt,

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and the high rating. We are very happy that you have been pleased with the all the services especially with the Animation Team at our our hotel. We hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.