“holiday in style”

Ranked #10 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
nottingham
“holiday in style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Just come back after a week AI, could not fault this hotel in any aspect of its operation. Two things stand out are firstly the staff from cleaners to the managment superb, friendy all approachable and attentive to all your needs, and the food best we have had in both choice and quality, when you think during our stay there were guests from Turkey, Germany, Iran, Russia, Scandinavior and UK what a superb job they did
Everything here for the family, full entertainment staff and facilities for children of all ages you do not need to leave this complex, the attention to detail in cleaning, gardens bars resturants is a credit to managment and staff.
Lara Beach is just that it comprises of approx 25 five star hotels on one side of the road a number of shops on the other side, and a beach as far as the eye can see both ways, Antalya about 40min away local bus 1.75lts each about 70p worth a visit.

Room Tip: Pick a high room with sea view plenty of lifts
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed in the resort from the 17th-24th  March. We are a couple in our twenties, and this was our first trip to turkey. The transfers was straight forward and quick about 20 minutes . Check in was easy, we quickly filled in a form to state who we were and they took our passports for a couple of minutes, we were given our key card, and some confusing instructions on how to find our room. The porter said he'd bring our bags up, which he did promptly. We got to our room, and found we had been given a family suite with a bathroom, living room, bed room and second open plan bathroom which included the jacuzzi bath, bonus! The room had 2 balconys; one over looking a small pool and the other over looking the road and some shops. The road was busy and didn't seem to quieten down during our stay, the walls were paper thin and you could hear traffic all night, I enjoyed the rush hour about twenty past 7 every morning.

The food was varied if slightly random, I was happy as I could have my usual holiday buffet of pancakes, croissants, pain au chocolate and rice pudding. One morning my boyfriend arrived at the table with a combo of fried potatoes/onion, two pancakes with chocolate sauce, a doughnut and some salad ... But then perhaps this says more about him than the food on offer! There was a large selection of bread on offer at every meal, perfect if you like a plate full with every meal, as many guests did.
Personally I found the meal time very stressful, there was so much food layed out over many aisles, this ranged from bread, salad, cooked meat, vegetarian, food of the day, rice, pasta, soup, loads of salad dressings and deserts. We spoke to one couple of said they counted 20 different deserts at breakfast and 40 at lunch. The main restaurant is the zen restaurant, there are also a few À la carte restaurants in which two were open during the winter period, but they were planning on opening the others shortly for the season. During the afternoon if your peckish  you could get some more cake in the oasis bar at 4 o'clock, I recommend this, the Nescafé machine serve hot chocolate as well.
We visited the Italian À la carte on our last evening, the food was lovely, tasteful and well presented. The staff working there were happy to help, and for the whole evening we didn't even pick up the bottle of wine, luxury. There was a cover charge of €9 each, Well worth it.
The bars weren't busy during the day, but more so during the night when the entertainment is on. You didn't have to wait long for a drink and there was always somewhere to sit. Some bars take your order and bring it to you and other you stand at the bar (more so at night).

The staff were helpful, some more friendlier than others . The guests weren't so, there wasn't many English guests here, we seem to be shy and continue to the pushes and shoved out of the way by certain guests, but it can be like that in every hotel. It would be interesting to see what it's like during the height of summer.
We found we were avoiding staff in the hotel, this included; the entertainment team - a little odd. The photographer who walked around all day everyday with his portfolio, basically begging you to book a slot with him, I mean he was nice, but I don't want to be pressured into buying a picture. Also heads up there's a shoe shiner man who's lurking, I mean you really can't shine my matte pump style shoes from Primark, But he will try. He is located outside the zen restaurant in the evenings.

Outside the hotel, there is a 'shopping mall' to the right and some shops in front,  if you turn left when leaving the hotel, there's are more 'shopping malls'. I say shopping malls as turkey has no copy right law therefore what your buying might not be quite what is says on the tin, perhaps more Folex than Rolex...
I found the shop keepers over powering "Come into my shop you English mug..." was how I felt, with that in mind we kept away. The hotel also had some shops inside again selling more knock off. The problem was they were offended if you walked away asking why? The location of the hotel is poor. If you come to this hotel don't bother leaving the resort.
Outside there were cats, around the resort and all over the beach, you do seem to get this whenever you go abroad, but I find it disgusting. Also during the night you can hear dogs barking- I'm guessing feral again.

Money- we took Turkish lira, but most places we're excepting euros, and paying for the exclusion T.C wanted sterling so we got a rubbish exchange rate paying for it. It might be worth taking all three.
I won't be returning to this resort or even turkey.

Room Tip: Ask for sea room and keep away from the road.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I have just arrived back from a excellent 2 week stay at limak lara. I could not fault this hotel it was perfect, the only down fall was the weather in the first week, it rained a little but still came home with a tan The rooms are spotless, beautiful oriental styled with a fantastic view from the balcony on to the beach.The food is delicious with plenty of options you will not go hungry!! everynight they have different food displayed to perfection, if you have a sweet toothe you will also love the desserts here with hundreds to choose from.The staff are the most friendlyest nicest people you can meet, always smiling & willing to help you in any possible way they can. The entertainment is a good laugh to, theres always something different everynight, they also come around in the day & make everyone laugh doing some kind of funny plays.I loved it that much i am planning on comming back very soon and am very much looking forward to it as it's one of my best holidays ive ever had!!

jade 27 from liverpool

Room Tip: suites are amazing with a jaquzzi bath, very spacious with living area & dinning room also large...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank jade m
Penkridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Recently returned from a super week in this hotel - went on 29/2/12. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and we really felt 'at home'. The rooms were very spacious and spotlessly clean as was the rest of the hotel. Food was plentiful and of a very good standard. Evening entertainment in Panorama Bar was great. I would certainly recommend this hotel to others and I would like to think we would go back. Antalya is a lovely town and we didn't feel pressured in any way. Not a serious point but would have liked to see ice cream in restaurant and a wider variety of fresh fruit - but this could be a seasonal thing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris M
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Okay I was fortunate enough to get upgraded to a duplex with jaqcuzzi, but I would still give 5 stars had I got one of the massive singles!

The food was lovely and plentiful and the drinks flowing. I found the value to be criminal.

The hotel is beautiful and the staff were very good. One of the female bar workers looked at me like I was trash (long brown straight hair) but I am not letting that jumped up fahrt ruin my opinion of the place. In contrast, the small female bar worker with not the greatest teeth was blummin' fantastic (I have no issue with her teeth I just want her to be recognised).

The internet in the games room was reasonable, though it did sometimes not work. I could generally pick up wifi in reception, moreso in the Oasis bar and often in my room (though it stopped working a lot here).

Few channels in English, some mainstream news/lies from the likes of CNN and BBC - all one needed for the time that was spent in room.

The place was just beautiful and would go back in a heartbeat. Cake station at 4PM made me fat, the hotel is entirely to blame ;)

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet one, I may have got my upgrade this way. Though it was far from quiet to be honest...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Thai32
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed at the Limal Lara in February. The hotel is approx 20 mins from the airport. Check in was quick and staff very efficient. The hotel is spotlessly clean and there was always somone going round the hotel public areas cleaning. The staff were very friendly and always willing to help. As the hotel is all inclusive we expected the food to be average however at this hotel the food was of a high quality with a very good selection available to suil ALL dietary needs. I am a bit fussy when it comes to food in hotels but I could not fault the food here.

The rooms are very large and well equipped with free safe and a jacuzzi bath. We also had a second bathroom with a shower!

As it was February when we visited some of the facilities were not open but that did not spoil our holiday at all.

The only downside for us was the check out time. Our flight was not until 3am in the morning but check out was midday. This meant we would be hanging round the hotel for 13 hours until we were collected to go to the airport! We wanted a late check out and the cost for that is 25 euro for 4 hours. We wanted to stay in our room longer so the extra cost was 10 euro per hour up to a maximum of 8pm. To keep the room longer than 8pm would mean a full days charge would have to be applied. So in total our late check out of our room cost 65 euro!

I can understand the charge being applied when the hotel is full but it was not when we were there and perhaps Reception could have been more leniant and let us keep the room until say midnight!

The check out grumble is a personal gripe but overall the hotel is fab!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trentwood
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Stayed with my daughter and my friend for one week beginning of March. It is a lovely hotel and very well maintained. Lots of space and plenty of places to sit back and relax. However wouldn't like to be there at the height of the season!! The hotel is huge and due to the timing of our holiday only two restaurants were open. Zen, which was buffet and the Italian which alternated with the Turkish restaurant. The food was good but would agree if you were a "picky" eater may be difficult at times to find something suitable. By the end of the week was a bit fed up with the food on offer. (and I am not "picky". Our room was lovely, we were upgraded to a suite which was lovely. The staff on the whole were great. The entertainment team did a great job with special mention to Sacha. What a nice guy! Went out of his way to talk to us and worked hard to ensure the guests enjoyed their time in the hotel. The All Inclusive package was ok but very disappointed with the drinks package. Very limited drinks available and the wine on offer was terrible with the only one palatable being the Rose! I realise we were there off season but would have preferred to pay a bit more to have more choice of restaurants and drinks. Would agree with the previous reviewer about venturing outside hotel. It was a built up area of high rise flats on one side of the street and on the other hotels which would seem to be competing to be the biggest and opulent looking as possible! Enjoyed my holiday but would not return to that area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends