Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel&Resort
US$442
US$396
Priceline
2,775 results
All reviewszen restaurantoasis bartea houseanimation teamcafe bonjourlion kingturkeyguest relationsmain restaurantindoor poolfamily roomwalk in wardrobea la carte restaurantscover chargejacuzzi bathpanorama barice cream
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Just back yesterday from two weeks at the Limak Lara. This is great hotel. the staff are the best I have encountered. They are just so friendly and helpful and while the guests are predominantly German almost all of the staff spoke reasonable to good English.

The food was wonderful. I have heard some people complain about this but how anyone could complain about the food at the Limak Lara I will never know. It was superb with a wide choice including fish options at every meal. Where else can you help yourself to as many grilled sea bass as you like?

Breakfasts were amazing and lunches offered as good a choice, or perhaps even better than the evening meal. They also had a patisserie every afternoon and a snack service in the main dining room through the night.

Our room was large and well serviced. They even offer a wired Internet connection in every room and several wireless hotspots if you need to stay in touch with your work as I do. We did have a problem with ants in our room but when we reported this they offered to move us immediately and did so. Incidentally the rooms and bathrooms are very clean. The only problem I heard mentioned was that the beds could be a bit on the low side for some elderly people.

SUNBATHING/POOLS
We never had any problem finding sun beds and this hotel has six pools including two of the largest I have ever seen. The beach is smooth sand and comfortable.

ENTERTAINMENT/ANIMATION
The entertainment was excellent. They have a large, hard working animation team who really go out of their way to see that everyone enjoys themselves. There is a show in the theatre every evening and live music in the Panorama bar, I would assume that it will be even better durinfg the summer season.

The shows they laid on were great. The guys and gals are very funny and quite professional with great dancing and costumes.

LOCATION
Lara Beach is the pits. There is nothing there other than highly priced shopping malls. There are no bars or restaurants outside of the hotel and we were about 6 miles from Lara town. If you want a place that you can explore on foot do not go anywhere near Lara Beach. They are actually stretching things a bit calling it a "resort" because it has no resort infrastructure. Having said that, if all you are interested in is being pampered for a week or two and chilling out in a top class hotel then this is the place.

The SCAM at the Doy Doy Restaurant
Antalya is a lovely city and well worth a visit but it is a 45 minute Dolmus ride away and you need to know where to pick the Dolmus up on the way back. The Limak Lara and most of the other hotels offer a bus service into Antlaya for 6 euros return. For this they take you in at 10.00 and pick you up again at an arranged spot at 15.00.

They use a third party bus company for this and the driver is in cahoots with a restaurant called "Doy Doy" at the drop off & pick up spot. When you are dropped a "friendly" guy from the restaurant will be waiting to talk to you and offer "advice", "assistance" and cheap tours.

He is actually a real con man. We arrived back to pick up the returning bus with two or three minutes to spare. He told us my watch was slow, the bus had left and that he would get his friend to take us back in his taxi. I reacted angrily to this and told him no thanks. I would get a dolmus and that we would kick up a real fuss about this when we got back the hotel.

As we turned to walk away he told us he was only joking and that the bus was round the corner. I knew from his reaction that he would happily have allowed us to pay for a taxi back to the hotel. He then led us round the corner to where the bus was waiting and he spoke to the driver. It was obvious that the driver knew what was going on and was in on what was clearly a well practised scam. Note that this has really nothing to do with the hotels as it is third party service but they take the money for the trip so I suppose they must accept some responsibility.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Alex_Andraya
Reviewed 22 March 2010

We stayed at the Limak last September for our honeymoon and I cannot compliment this hotel enough. The rooms were great (altough we were spoilt and had a suite complete with jacuzzi). The facilities of the hotel overall were fantastic, but what really made the holiday was the staff, nothing was too much trouble and they seemed to enjoy making your time there special. The food selection was amazing, there really was everything you could possibly want and I was amazed to see a baby station, complete with pureed food, microwave, blender, formula and rusks, I have never stayed at a hotel that has put so much thought into their selection. I really cannot fault this hotel. 10/10

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank janieh72
Reviewed 21 March 2010

We stayed in February this year on our Honeymoon and we wanted for nothing we had! a fantastic time. Wherever we were we waited for nothing we were never without a drink or food no matter what bar or restaurant we visited. What is it that you people want do you want someone wiating at the end of your bed to pamper you and as for being discriminated against due to your nationality what a lot of rubbish. Did you attempt to speak Turkish but ill bet you expected the staff to speak English what a hypocrite! The cleanliness of our room was not in question and the friendliness of staff was without question. Yes there was some upgrading being done however it was very early in the season what do you expect! I would recommend this hotel to anyone infact my parents are visiting this year also

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stranraer1
Reviewed 21 March 2010

Beautiful hotel, but not alot infact nothing to do in surrounding areas. Went with a friend and spent all our time in resort as nothing close by. The hotel itself was immaculate, rooms were amazing and the food was excellent! The guys that worked there were all friendly (snoopy was a bit full on and didn't wana know u if u didn't fancy him!) but apart from that they were lovely. Food is central to this hotel as its served pretty much all day and u can eat even when u aint hungry!! The beach area was lovely and i imagine in warmer months its rammed but we never saw 1 person in the sea or pools while we were there. All in all a fabulous hotel but wouldn't reccomend going after peak time or if u like a bit of nightlife!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank b0bbly
Reviewed 14 March 2010

I stayed at this hotel on 3 March 2010 with my partner. I work for TCooks and get very good deals on holidays etc so are used to very good standards... We are very often spoilt!
For TCook customers, you become ultra all inclusive and were handed cars to say what was included within tjhis.
This hotel was amazing. The first room we got was on the 2nd floor, well furnished, cleaned everyday, balcony was nice and big, some english TV, mini bar replenished everyday, bathrobes and slippers etc etc.

The grounds of the hotel are great, the thing I liked about the hotel, was that there was always somewhere you could find to sit and read a book, or just sit and have peace and quiet away from everyone!
We used the sauna, gym, indoor pool and jacuzzi everyday!

The food was amazing. I am by far the worlds worst person when it comes to food, and will only eat chicken but I can honestly say out off all my holidays, the food was brillant. The people that moan on here about the food being terrible etc must have stayed at a different hotel as there was always something you could choose from!

We were upgraded free to a jacuzzi family suite and were very impressed. Big jacuzzi, room was huge, bigger shower, bigger walk in wardrobe and amazing sea view balcony with sun loungers etc. Got all your lotions etc free of charge aswell.

All in all this hotel is brillant. People that moan about it are clearly trying to find faults etc. We did see one couple taking pictures of the renovation work and a chipped glass...I mean, your on holiday, get a grip! I will definatly be recommending this to all my customers!

Feel free to email if you would like any extra information or pictures.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple