We have just returned from a week at this Hotel & can't fault it.
From the outside it is a peculiar looking building, but inside it is beautiful.
On arrival the bellboy takes your luggage & delivers it to your room. We had booked a standard room, but were put in a jacuzzi room for the first night.This was a huge room, with jacuzzi surrounded by windows overlooking the sea. ( there were blinds too! ). This room also had a power shower with jets & choice of 2 heads, had a remote controlled air con unit. ( Standard rooms have only centrally controlled air con )Next day we were shown our standard room, which was really very nice & spacious, but we decided to keep the jacuzzi room for 25 euros extra per night - money well spent. The rooms are carpetted, which was a first for us abroad.
The hotel has several bars, all of which are good, drinks are good too. The main Zen restaurant serves a huge variety of food at every meal. At breakfast there is fruit, cereal, yoghurt, chocolate fountain,eggs, ( no bacon - muslim ),a bakery baking pastries & croissants, an ommelette chef, anything you want really, including freshly squeezed orange juice.. Lunch & dinner are similar, hot & cold buffet with " live " cooking stations.You can sit outside if you like, but beware the sparrows!All of the hot food dishes have digital thermometers showing the temperature of the food & the food was constantly being replaced.In addition to the main restaurant there are snack bars at lunchtime. The one by the beach does amazing chicken doner, grilled fish & salads.On the beach there is freshly made ice cream & toasties & a ladt making Gozleme - thin flatbreads with fillings.You can even have room service free from 2-4.30am.
There is water everywhere, various pools & lazy rivers. The main pool gets busy & there are activities like aqua gym & polo going on there& fairly loud music.There are plenty of quieter spots though if thats your scene.If you want a lounger in a certain spot you have to be up early with your towel though! Unable to sleep we spotted people reserving their loungers before daylight, at 4am!!!
Lara is not really a resort as such. All along the beach are huge all inclusive resort hotels served by a big wide main road. On the other side of the road are flats housing the many people working in the hotels, & a variety of shops & malls selling mostly fake goods like clothing, watches & sunglasses.Having said that, apart from weandering along a couple of times we didn't leave the hotel complex at all.There is a bus to Alanya, but it was mid to high 30's every day & too hot!
Everywhere is spotlessly clean,rooms & public areas. The poolside toilets were incredible, constantly being cleaned & mopped.
The animation team work incredibly hard & organise lots of things to do, but only if you want to. There was no pressure.
English people are a minority in this hotel. While we were there there were 60% dutch, closely followed by Germans & Bwlgians & a few turks & eastern europeans. Most of the staff spoke a bit of English & certainly reception staff were fluent.
Wifi is available in several public areas at no charge, & there is an internet cafe, but pricey at 3 euros for 30 mins.
Transfer time is about 30 mins from the airport. Please be aware that food & drink at the airport is expensive.A whopper meal at burger king costs 10.5 Euros - about £9, & the same for pizaa or KFC type chicken.There is a big duty free shop in the terminal, but spirits are cheaper in Tesco.
All in all we couldn't find a fault, & can't wait to go back.We always go away for a week & for the first time ever, we wished we could stay here for 2 weeks, it was that good.
Happy to answer any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Limak Lara is a luxury resort hotel that is located along beautiful sandy Lara beach in Antalya/Turkey. Resort is opened 12 months long and gives All Inclusive service during a year. Resort is family-friendly and offers lots of free facilities & activities for its visitors such as free internet access in the room and in general areas, delicious food at main restaurants, good snacks, A La carte restaurants (Italian, Mexican, Far-east sushi, tai, Indian with cover charge), free Turkish buffet restaurant, local and import good alcoholic drinks, safe box in the room and reception, free kettle with tea & coffee set up. In Limak Lara all standard rooms have been re-designed in 2015 and great new rooms are welcoming its guest with new good furniture, laminated-floor, comfortable beds, shower, hairdryer, bathrobe, mini bar (daily refreshment), free Wi Fi, free tea & coffee making facilities, balcony, free safe box , Television, fan, sitting corner. At bars, restaurants and all around the hotel well trained staff will give a professional service with pleasure. As the parents spend a very quiet holiday, there are plenty of activities for kids at mini club in day and night time. Every single day, we dance with kids at mini disco time. And lots of surprising activities take a place during a stay. There is an aqua park with 9 water slides and 3 pools that covers 8.000 m2. An Indoor heated pool with a water slide, 3 whirl-pools and baby pool are awaiting for holidaymakers. As we are baby-friendly resort a very well cared baby food corner will be at your baby’s service during meal times with its special chef. A wellness center will let you get out of tiredness of the year with its special packages such as relaxation, rejuvenation, Turkish bath etc. with reasonable prices. A Turkish bath (Hamam), Sauna and Fin bath are opened all a year long. Beach towels, sun beds, sun umbrellas are provided around the pool and on the beach free of charge. For the honeymooners a special package is being offered. One day breakfast in the room, one free A La carte dinner, delicious fruit & good wine, room decoration and free upgrade to Jacuzzi room up to possibility. General information about your stay in Limak Lara; A daily shuttle service (with payment) will let you make your holiday shopping in Antalya city center. Central air condition is being set up according to weather conditions. Great location for a great shopping is available within 100 meter. Friendly family atmosphere is taken a place in every place in resort. Clean sandy beach provides a playground for kids. A very tasty breakfast is available at late breakfast restaurant between 10:00- 11:00 o’clock. Housekeeping gives a daily excellent service for a clean rooms and bathroom. A great childcare for specific ages 4-12 and 13-17 up to season. Limak Hotels offer the best value for money with '' Warm Hospitality & Excellent Service '' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Booking.com, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel&Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel And Resort
- Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel Antalya
- Lara Hotel
- Limak Lara Hotel
- Limak Lara Resort