Delphin Palace Hotel
US$442
US$396
Priceline
1,700 results
All reviewsrelax pooljoia bara la carte restaurantsmain restaurantanimation teamturkeykids clubwater slidesguest relationspizzaindoor poolside sea viewgala nightkebabice creamluna parkfantastic holiday
Reviewed 28 June 2011

My wife, two friends and I, all in early 50's, have just spent a superb 10 days at the Delphin Palace, and had a great time. The four of us visited the Delphin Palace in 2007 and I stated we would return.
We went to Dom Rep. last year and were 'rained off' for about 8 of the 14 days so wanted somewhere we could 'trust'. We were not disapointed.
In the four years since our last visit the hotel now offers even more 24/7 food, drink etc.
I'm not going to go into all the wonderful attributes of the hotel I'm sure you have read in other reviews. I will just agree with the vast majority of them.
I have read, in other reviews, a couple of detrimental issues, namely the rooms. I would agree I have been in a number of other 'holiday' type hotels which provide bigger, slightly more modern rooms, this however was not a problem. The rooms were very clean and more than adequate for 2/3 people. My wife, who can be very decerning, when being shown to our holiday room, was more than happy.
I would say the main attribute of the hotel are the staff, who appear to work very hard to ensure you have a super stay. Note re a couple of other reviews, we didn't have any problems re lack of English speaking staff.

Just a couple of issues one re the hotel and one re Thomas Cook, who we travelled with.

First Thomas Cook - the holiday was booked in about January/February 2011. Next door to the Delphin Palace, some distance away I hasten to add, the Delphin Group are building the Delphin Imperial Hotel, looks like it will be absolutley superb. The hotel has been being built for about 18 months to 2 years. One week before we were due to go on holiday we received a message on the answer machine to call Thomas Cook urgently. As it was a Bank holiday it was two days before we could make contact with them. On speaking to a Thomas Cook representative they informed us that our holiday may be affected by building works but couldn't provide any additional details. They provided us with 3 options, keep the holiday as planned, cancel our holiday with full refund or look for an alternative holiday. When asked why we were being told about this only a week before our holiday we were informed they had only just become aware of the issue. This caused the four of us some concerns and we looked for other accomodation etc. Trip advisor came to the 'rescue'. I contacted a couple of people who had entered reviews re the Delphin Palace. One quickly responded and put my mind at ease that the building works had not caused them any problems, they did however state they also had received a call a week before they were due to go on holiday( from Thomas Cook) to advise re the building works, they had gone about 6 weeks before we were due to go. I would say this is not acceptable from Thomas Cook seems to be some confusion or lies on their part.
For anyone going to the Delphin I can only stress if you get such a call from Thomas Cook re the building works don't worry - the Imperial is some distance away and didn't cause us any issues. We spent most of the week by the 'quiet' pool, which is the nearest pool to the building works and rarely heard any noise etc.
The only issue I have for the hotel to consider is facilities for late departures. The hotel appears to be fully booked up most of the time at this time of year, so you are not able to 'keep' your room on. You can only ask at reception to keep your room on, on the day of departure. Now it appears a lot of British flights are late evening or night flights. We had a night flight. We fully understood the hotel could not allow us to keep our room, as other people were wanting to move in. However they offered little to allow us to change etc. No courtesy rooms are available. the only area they could offer were a couple of showers by the indoor pool. These showers are mixed and there was no door on the entry to the showers so anyone passing could see everything you were doing, not ideal when you are preparing to go home. It took some time and a very helpful lady in Customer Relations for us to arrange to shower and change in the Spa area. Whilst this was not ideal it was better than had previously been offered. A hotel of this size and 'standing' should be offering their customers more.

The above being said re leaving facilities, would I return, recommend to others - Yes I would. We all had a very relaxed stay, certainly over eating with all the food on offer.

If you are going - lucky you. If your thinking about going book - I doubt you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
10  Thank Legs11Lancashire
Reviewed 25 June 2011

This is the third time we have stayed at this hotel, and was fantastic and look forward to going back again soon.

Myself, partner and twin girls aged 3 had a great holiday, plenty to do for all. The staff are amazing anything you ask for you get. The food was delicious even for fussy eaters. I would definatley reccommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Be up early if you want a beach hut bt the main pl
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Funtimefifi
Reviewed 24 June 2011

The hotel is very expensive (UAI) but offers great relaxation and services.

Staff, services, food, beverages, beach, pools, a-la-carte restaurants etc are excellent.
Its very suitable for families with children.

Highly recommended !

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank danandrei
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Me and my partner stayed at the Delphin Palace in Antayla and without a doubt from the first moment we arrived, we knew we were going to have a lovely stay. The hotel is beautiful and all of the staff even the maids and cleaners around the pool were cheerful and friendly. None of the staff pestured you if you did not want to join in any games or other activities. The hotel was clean. The animation team was good, and funny. The food was to die for, anything and everything for anyone's needs. Everynight there was more than one thing to do, there was cinema, bowling, entertainment at the arena, nightclub, live music, etc. I can not express how truely amazing Delphin Palace is. One thing I would advise is if you are planning to go, do not book your holiday or any holiday with Right Holidays because they are not right.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kayleigh231
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Have just returned from our second visit to the Delphin Palace with our children aged 8 and 10 years.
This was a first for us as we have never gone back to the same place twice but all enjoyed it so much last year took the plunge.
Booked through First Choice and this year got allocated a room overlooking the front of the hotel, which we discovered have far bigger balconies than those facing the side, which we had last year.. I won't pay the ridiculous charges for sea views and family rooms (nearly double the price of the whole holiday for a "family room") and we managed well enough in our standard room sleeping up to 4 with our youngest on a small sofa bed.
The staff were excellent again, polite, friendly, helpful, and of the seven shows we saw five were excellent. The other two relied on the animation team and willing audience members and came across a bit Butlins for my taste..!
There is something for everyone here with quiet areas of the pool for adults only and the Moonlight Bar, and the daily Luna Park, and evening show for the families..
I would recommend this hotel though, to families with a tollerance for lots of other famillies with young children.. I don't think I would recommend to childless couples or those looking for a quiet romantic escape...
The high chairs, buggies , background noise of babies and toddlers at every meal, constant getting up and down when the shows are on etc may not provide the ambience you may expect to find in a five star hotel.
We won't go back again as there are other places we now want to see, but if you have a young family, want great weather, food, entertainment, great staff, clean rooms, public areas, beaches, and to indulge in a gastronomical marathon for your stay I would say this is THE place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family