“A lifetime holiday”

Ranked #16 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
Sofia, Bulgaria
“A lifetime holiday”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We have been in Delphin Two years in a raw and we will definitely be back. We had amazing vacation due to the extremely good service. Staff was very friendly, food - words are not enough to explain, animation team - very professional and kids adored everything. We recommend it to families with children.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank SvetlaYonova

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

As this was our 3rd visit to the delphin palace, we knew what to expect..and we were defiantly not disappointed! The service in the hotel is excellent, from check in at reception, to the maids, and everything in between.

The choices of foods in varying restaurant is great and of very good quality. The hotel is absolutely spotless, inside and out. We would like to say a personal thank you to Ali (relax pool) for his excellent service (and for keeping our sunglasses clean!)

guest relations in the hotel work tirelessly to ensure any comments / suggestions are acted upon, but these are few and far between. All round the hotel is fantastic, we didn't travel with children, but would defiantly recommend to after meeting the animation team.

We will be returning again in August this year..Can't come soon enough!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank lindsey_eddison
Colne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Just spent two unforgettable weeks at this fabulous hotel with my wife and adult disabled son. We had adjoining rooms, loads of room, two balcony's. Room maids kept them very clean with various animals,birds and flowers made from towels on the beds daily. All the facilities in the hotel and grounds are excellent and well maintained. The drinks waitresses on rollerblades around the pool areas are fantastic! The only gripe about the stay was getting ripped off by the guy with the drinks trolley who offered to chill a bottle of wine for us at the a la carte restaurant only to omit to tell us it would cost us £40, (50 euro), for a bottle of cheap South African White. We reported to guest relations who reprimanded him and apologised. Be careful!! All the animation staff are very friendly and great fun.
Over all excellent holiday, would return, wish we could have stayed longer!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Paul W
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

From the very first second we arrived to checking out I cannot fault the delphin palace hotel, the staff couldn't do enough to make our stay more pleasurable with their welcoming manor and professionalism. The pool offers a vast space that doesn't feel crowded but not empty either and plenty of activity from water polo to pool aerobics,Olympics and darts etc for those who just want to sit and relax there is a pool with no activities. The rooms are spotlessly cleaned daily and have a Turkish decor furnishings that are absolutely amazing and comfortable!not to mention the mini bar gets refreshed daily(free of charge).The food with its vast choice and quantity is delivered to absolute perfection, we did not have a single meal that didn't impress from the breakfast buffet, poolside snacks to dining in one of the al a carte restaurants and evening/lunch buffets offering nightly themes. I could go on and on about how good this hotel and our stay was but I wouldn't do it justice! totally and utterly enjoyed our family holiday.

Room Tip: hotel offers sea and pool view rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jamestown1979
Saint Mary's, Antigua
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Now, this is my 3 th day in delphin palace,
Totally it is better than my last visit 2 years ago,
Food: ok, last night was mexican night and the variety and quality of foods are ok,
Staffs: excellent except of kids club staff,
Cleanness: excellent all over the hotel,
Activities: ok but specially for german guests,
Beverages: ok and they serve all kinds of beverages every where in public areas,
Weather: perfect I love this weather for late may not very warm but plenty of sunshine for sun lovers,
Pools: very good and you can find sun loungers every where, I think the temperature of kids pool is a bit cold and they must heat it for babies to prevent a cold for children,
A la carte: not tried it yet and there is some problems with reservation through the reservation system,
night programs: ok but there is no life music program (I'm so sorry for the disaster happened two days ago for miners in west of turkey and more than 200 people were killed it was a huge shock and I have been so sad for this disaster)
Kids club: I am sorry i think this is just for german guests they have no any welcome for our children, I guess to the manager to think about this and correct for other nationalities, kids club staff: not very polite with us and couldn't help us, why? i don't know,
And finally:
Many many thanks from delphin palace because I lost my camera and Iphone at public area and they found it for me less than 2 hours, especially thanks from guest relation man i don't know his name but I'll ask (he was at guest relation station yesterday at 13:30 o'clock) who help me very much for finding my lost items,
I will write my complete review at end of the trip,
Thanks for your attention,

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Mehdi1976
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We visited Delphin Palace Hotel in the end of April.
Located in Lara - it is easy to get to from the airport -20 mins taxi ride.
We arrived around 9 am and receptionist - a very friendly lady advised us to have a breakfast and walk around while preparing the room. Room was ready within 1.5 hours which was fine however it was facing noisy and dusty road and we couldn't open our window at anytime during our stay.

Traveling with our 4 year old daughter we decided to let her play at kids club. Kids club - is managed by the Turkish man and two Ukrainian girls. After signing the registration form I noticed that there is no gate that can close the territory and even the door was open. On my question about it manager answer that it is not a zoo and there is no need for the cage. I let my daughter play and returned to check in half an hour - she seemed to be excited and busy. We took her to launch with us and dropped her of again around 3 o'clock. After talking to staff they assured me that its ok to come back in 1.5 hour. So I arranged some spa procedures for me and my husband. When we came to pick her up - we had manager shouting at us and saying that 1.5 hours was too long, he was talking to us like kids and all together it was very uncomfortable. We have been to many resorts in Turkey - and never had any problems and a specially attitude from the staff of the resort. Furthermore it was day for the pool games in kids club - which means that they had all kids walk to the mini pool ( 1 foot deep ). However on the way back nobody made sure she was wearing her clothes or shoes. Being four years old she can forget to put her clothes and shoes on as it is not cold but I don't understand how can adult not notice it. So when we came to pick her up she was in her swimming suit with all bottom covered in paint which never came of. We had to look for her crocs and t-shirt for half an hour and we were lucky enough to find it. I just don't think it is responsible and for me it makes this kids club useless. Its lacking staff and training.
Good and safe kids club facilities and caring personnel - are the most important things for parents when they are having vacation and unfortunately we did not find it in this hotel. I strongly recommend for the management of the hotel to fix this issue. I am not even talking about dropping off the kids for all day - which some resorts are doing successfully from 10 am - to 4-5 pm and taking kids to lunch. But at least make clear rules for the parents and workers so they understand what is this kids club about. If you do have kids club - make it kids club for an hour, or two hours otherwise checking on your child every 20 mins doesn't make it a good rest for parents.

Overall:
pool +
beach+
evening entertainment+
food in restaurant is quite repetitive, not a big selection for fruits and diet table but huge choice of sweets. Grill area outside is worth checking out. Turkish night is special. There is a small play area for kids outside - makes it easier.
reception +
room +

Travelling with kids.. I wouldn't return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Olga F
Kinross, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

MERHABA!....reader! :}
U are reading this as someone already visited the Palace or one..THINKING???? ;)
This is our 3rd annual visit to Lara Beach and 3rd diff hotel..1st CONCORDE, 2nd BAIA LARA & 3rd, this review!
We went to the Palace Wed 16/04/14 and decide on this hotel from trip advisor reviews, like maybe U!
A lot already been said about this hotel via previous reviews and just want to add some extras.
Very 1st impressions on entering the large foyer entrance...oops!..dark and kinda old style, which was not what I was expecting!
But never judge a book by its cover and that was my last kinda negative response, as we found the staff 99% very friendly and helpful through out our stay and yes..German is the 1st language used as are the people staying, but found by just saying 'Merhaba[Hello]....WORKED WONDERS!!! :) ...Every where is spotless and we paid extra for a sea view, but didn't use much to be honest, food was plentiful and enjoyed daily fresh made omelettes and plentiful of fresh cooked meats, fish, sweets etc from the central cooking area of the dining area, with loads of smoked salmon, mussels, shrimps available lunch and evening meal.
A huge indoor heated pool used in morning and got busy as day progressed with youngsters [stop sun burning!]. At times, some staff would not see U waiting for a drink , but easily sorted..get up and tap person on shoulder and say..merhaba! smile and drink comes!! [very effiecient.] Also the palace and Imperial have there piers up and running for drinks etc, where the other hotels wait till 1st May! [Would I recommend The Delphin Palace Hotel...YES! :) ..sometimes its best not to know everything about the hotel, but find out yourself when U book this hotel and ENJOY!!...[i would also rec the 1st 2 hotels auch!! ]

Room Tip: We had sea view 4209....but would you be on balcony alot?
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple