“Lovely hotel”

Delphin Palace Hotel
Ranked #22 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was our first visit to a Delphin hotel. I travelled with my husband and 2 boys aged 10 and 13. We arrived late at night and were offered some food in the restaurant which we declined as the boys were really tired. The bellboys delivered our cases really quickly.

Rooms :
We were on the 4th floor and overlooking the road at the front of the hotel. The room was more spacious than previous hotels we have visited along the beach and nicely decorated. We had a double bed, single bed and a sofa bed. The pillows were horrendous for me and the children. They were really hard and extremely high and gave us neck ache the following morning. I mentioned this to guest relations and our rep the next morning and there were 3 lovely soft, flatter pillows delivered before the next nights sleep. It didn't however have a bath, only a shower which wasn't a problem to us. There was shower/hair gel, 2 very small tubes of hair conditioner, toothbrushes and 2 very tiny tubes of toothpaste. The safe was free of charge. The mini bar was filled with bottles of beer, soft drinks, water, chocolate bars and salted peanuts. There were also tea/coffee making facilities.The cleaner cleaned to a very good standard.

Food:
The food was absolutely delicious. Breakfast and dinner were served in the main restaurant which had an outdoor part (with a childrens little play area) and an indoor air conditioned part. Breakfast was usual cereal, loads of yoghurts, jams, breads, freshly cooked fried eggs, omelettes, pancakes, waffles, eggy bread, fruit.......everything you could think of. There is also freshly squeezed orange juice. Dinner again had a huge choice of food, more than I have ever seen in the other hotels I've been in this resort. It was absolutely delicious. Lots of different meats, chips, jacket potatoes, pasta cooking station and show cooking in lots of areas. There was so much choice I couldn't possibly list what there was. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions about the food.
During the day, food is served from 10am till 5pm around the pool area and I think inside one of the bars, there was always sandwiches and cakes on offer continuously. There are various food stations around the pool area which serve different foods at different times of the day. These included jacket potatoes (delicious), kebabs, waffles, pizzas, SF chicken and chips, salads, tantuni, gozleme, burgers, mashed potatoes, fruit and desserts. You can either sit at the eating areas or they provide plastic plates and cutlery if you prefer to eat at your sunlounger.
People also come round with trolleys to the sunbeds serving cucumber, apples, carrots, melon and hot rice.
All in all best food Ive had in Lara Beach !
The drinks were also very nice. There was an extensive list of cocktails, lots of spirits and all sorts of speciality coffees and teas. They had everything I asked for all included.

Pools:
If you have young children, there is a brilliant area called 'childrens paradise'. It has a shallow pool with little slides and a little park and a large trampoline which has the protective netting around. Around this pool and the large pool there are lots of 4 poster sunbeds that are like a double bed with netting around which are a brilliant idea for sleeping children in the shade and they are free!
There is a large main pool where 'the entertainment' takes place, then a separate pool where the slides are. The slides are great - quite fast - and each slide is partitioned off in the pool so there is no crashing into each other at the bottom. There is also a lifeguard at the top directing people when to go, who is quite strict (which is a good thing in my opinion).
There are notices around the pool that you can't reserve sunbeds until 8.30am. I dont know whether this was enforced or not. I went down between 8.30 and 8.45 and there was always loads of sunbeds available and I always got the spot I wanted. This may be due to going in May though and might be a totally different story in the main summer holiday period. There were 2 main pool guys which were really really pleasant and friendly. They always helped to put my towels on the beds in the morning and made sure they were really neat and tucked in - such lovely guys - Bayram Akkus and Erhan Sagdig (hope I got their names right) - DELPHIN - please give these guys the recognition they deserve!
You are given a towel card which you can exchange for towels which is a little desk situated on the way out to the pool. It opens at 8am and closes at 7pm.
There are people that go round the pool on roller skates taking orders for drinks which is great if you're lazy like me but sometimes you do have to wait quite a while for them.

Entertainment:
The entertainment was OK. No where near as good as the Limak or Liberty but we don't take part in activities anyway so it didn't bother us. The pool games were a bit hit and miss and we only visited the evening entertainment once during our weeks stay because nothing really grabbed our attention. Maybe it will all liven up a bit in the main summer months. Unfortunately this is the only area that I had to complain about. They play loud music around the pool during the day (which they have in all the others I've been in too) BUT the language in the songs was absolutely disgusting. The 'F' word was quite frequent as well as sexual phrases. I complained to guest relations and they seemed genuinely shocked that this was happening and they said they would deal with it by speaking to the entertainment team. The following morning, there was still songs being played with milder swear words but by the afternoon, the genre of music changed. I hope this was intentional and not coincidental. Unfortunately I came home that night so not sure if it has been resolved. I did mention it to the First Choice Rep too before I left so I also hope that she follows this up. I do think that it was done out of complete ignorance because of the language barrier....I really don't think they would have played it knowing the language was so bad so I am not letting this alter my opinion of a great hotel.

There is WiFi in most areas of the hotel/beach/pool which I found pretty good. Its free of charge and you just have to put your date of birth in and room number.

There is a tennis court which also has football goals and there are a couple of table tennis tables.
There is a gym for over 16s which looked well equipped.
The indoor pool is extremely cold...we never saw anyone in it.
There is a small funfair which only opened for a couple of hours in the evening. There was a pirate ship, big wheel, dodgem cars, a swing ride and a little train ride.

We have been to the Limak Lara, Baia Lara and Liberty Lara and this was my favourite hotel by far. There was a feel of luxury about this hotel compared to the others and nice finishing touches. I would definately return to this hotel.

I've had to keep going back to edit this as I keep thinking of more things and I'll probably remember more after I've posted it.
Please don't hesitate to message me any questions about this hotel and I'll do my best to answer them.

23  Thank kbar67

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was our first visit to Delphin Palace and we definitely want to go again next year. Everybody does their best to make you feel great and the services are second to none. Room was big enough to accommodate a family with two kids, food was plenty and varied enough (kinda hard to not gain some weight). For a 7-10 days vacation you can find a lot of entertainment without getting into a routine although laying beneath the palm trees is a routine I can get used to :)

The only thing that was not up to the rest of the services was the wireless internet service. It is unreliable, you have to log on very often and was down or very slow most of the time. If you need permanent access to the internet I suggest you get in contact with your carrier and ask for a roaming data package otherwise the data roaming fees will give you another reason not to forget this vacation.

Room Tip: Tip the reception :) 20 EUR would do it
3  Thank Bogdan D
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just home from our 1st visit to the Delphin Palace Hotel, Lara Beach. When I say 1st I mean 1st of many to come!!
If you don't love this hotel there's something wrong with you. Yes I could probably moan about the odd thing but come on who can't!! Room was spacious and clean. Mini bar filled every morning. Food and drink on tap from early morning til midnight. Every drink imaginable available at the raise of your hand.
Evening entertainment was... Ok. The entertainment crew were superb.
I could go on and on but need to get off to book for next year!!!

Room Tip: We had a road view room which was fine.
7  Thank Helen D
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We have been in Delphin Two years in a raw and we will definitely be back. We had amazing vacation due to the extremely good service. Staff was very friendly, food - words are not enough to explain, animation team - very professional and kids adored everything. We recommend it to families with children.

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank SvetlaYonova
Reviewed 25 May 2014

As this was our 3rd visit to the delphin palace, we knew what to expect..and we were defiantly not disappointed! The service in the hotel is excellent, from check in at reception, to the maids, and everything in between.

The choices of foods in varying restaurant is great and of very good quality. The hotel is absolutely spotless, inside and out. We would like to say a personal thank you to Ali (relax pool) for his excellent service (and for keeping our sunglasses clean!)

guest relations in the hotel work tirelessly to ensure any comments / suggestions are acted upon, but these are few and far between. All round the hotel is fantastic, we didn't travel with children, but would defiantly recommend to after meeting the animation team.

We will be returning again in August this year..Can't come soon enough!

4  Thank lindsey_eddison
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just spent two unforgettable weeks at this fabulous hotel with my wife and adult disabled son. We had adjoining rooms, loads of room, two balcony's. Room maids kept them very clean with various animals,birds and flowers made from towels on the beds daily. All the facilities in the hotel and grounds are excellent and well maintained. The drinks waitresses on rollerblades around the pool areas are fantastic! The only gripe about the stay was getting ripped off by the guy with the drinks trolley who offered to chill a bottle of wine for us at the a la carte restaurant only to omit to tell us it would cost us £40, (50 euro), for a bottle of cheap South African White. We reported to guest relations who reprimanded him and apologised. Be careful!! All the animation staff are very friendly and great fun.
Over all excellent holiday, would return, wish we could have stayed longer!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Paul W
Reviewed 17 May 2014

From the very first second we arrived to checking out I cannot fault the delphin palace hotel, the staff couldn't do enough to make our stay more pleasurable with their welcoming manor and professionalism. The pool offers a vast space that doesn't feel crowded but not empty either and plenty of activity from water polo to pool aerobics,Olympics and darts etc for those who just want to sit and relax there is a pool with no activities. The rooms are spotlessly cleaned daily and have a Turkish decor furnishings that are absolutely amazing and comfortable!not to mention the mini bar gets refreshed daily(free of charge).The food with its vast choice and quantity is delivered to absolute perfection, we did not have a single meal that didn't impress from the breakfast buffet, poolside snacks to dining in one of the al a carte restaurants and evening/lunch buffets offering nightly themes. I could go on and on about how good this hotel and our stay was but I wouldn't do it justice! totally and utterly enjoyed our family holiday.

Room Tip: hotel offers sea and pool view rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family