“Fantastic Holiday”

Ranked #16 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
u.k
“Fantastic Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

From arriving late evening in June the service was excellent.
We travelled as two adults and this is a family hotel, this was not a problem as there was a relaxing outdoor pool that was for over 14 year olds only. al la carte restaurants again predominantly for adults. Fantastic food and drinks day and night. Fantastic for family's with children of all ages. Would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Some rooms back on to the road behind, but we booked a side sea and it was fine with views of the po...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wicky18

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Agree mostly with person from Newcastle, just back from 2 weeks at Delphin Palace very nice indeed,nothing to much trouble to any of the staff where ever they were working.
The animation team were great albeit one or two very inexperienced Casper and 3 others can't remember their names but they were excellent ,not so for the manager of animation what a surly unfriendly guy to the point of rudeness I thought, I watched him several times walk through the dining room never acknowledged or spoke to anyone.. It is the same in all the hotels evening entertainment needs to improve and there is nothing for teenagers until the disco opens and at this time of year not many in there.I can't agree about LOUD music round the pool we thought sound acceptable but do agree about choice of tracks.some very unsavoury.other hotels music playing all day not so here glad to say.
We feel they should have separate area in the dining room for children like most of the others hotels on Lara if parents prefer to use it's they can.
Customer relations always ready to oblige.
Rebekah our rep was excellent,hubby left his jacket and jumper at Antalya airport someone very kindly handed them in and she got them back for us we were very grateful.always ready to advise us as well.
7of us thoroughly enjoyed our holiday.

Don't book a fishing trip is all I would advise.jet skis and boat trips good .

Room Tip: Not good on front of hotel an awful lot of noise from the road that was on the 3rd floor above entra...
3 Thank Ollie89
Devon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were SO impressed by the Delphin Palace that I was going to do a comprehensive review but the one by Kbar67 covered almost everything.

I would only like to add a few points.

We had an afternoon flight, so what with the 2hour time difference, then a small flight delay, we arrived about 11pm. I had read on a previous Tripadvisor review, that there was no provision for food after normal restaurant hours. However, not only was there a limited selection of food still available in the restaurant, and the waiters still served us with a smile. Also the Bar, just off the main Reception area, had a chiller cabinet with mini rolls, fruit and delicious deserts.

The magnificent choice of food includes a good children's section, some baby food and there are small hand blenders available to wizz up anything from the main dishes.. There is also a small Diabetic range, together with a Gluten free selection. The chocolate fountains (normal and white) are not to be missed!!! When we were at the Hotel, there were about 20 Nationalities staying there, so catering for so many diets and religious taboos must be difficult but dealt with so well.

Having never visited Turkey before, we purchased some Lira, only to find that almost everything, in the Hotel and in the shopping malls, were priced in Euros. Although the Staff NEVER hovered obviously, waiting for a tip, an odd Euro here and there was appreciated. A lot of the waiters were young University students, working in their holidays,but were efficient, friendly and polite, no surly teenagers there.

We would go back to the Delphin Palace in an instant, practically perfect.....one complaint, we both put on weight!!

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view, the lift system is so efficient there is no need to worry...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank SusieBaby_10
Widnes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have just returned from a fantastic week at the Delphin Palace. The hotel is spotlessly clean in every area & we found the staff to be friendly & helpful. The rooms are very comfortable, cleaned daily & with an excellent shower. The food in the main restaurant was great & we tried out the Mexican & Chinese restaurants & thought both were very good. The pool areas are really lovely & the shaded cabanas are great for chilling in when it gets a bit hot...be warned your towels will be moved if you put them down before 8:30am. The two pool guys mentioned in a previous review are well worthy of a mention, they were very helpful & pleasant & helped us every day to sort out our sun beds. The kids pool is fantastic, shaded by trees & with some great little water slides, the water is freezing but the kids don't seem to mind! The food served around the pool areas is great & we didn't feel the need to go to the main restaurant during the day at all. Kebab hour is a must!!!! The bar on the pier is really lovely & the cocktails are fab! I could go on and on highlighting the good about the hotel but I would be here all night! A fantastic hotel & a fantastic holiday... We will be returning!

5 Thank Anna K
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We came to the Delphin Palace in May last year and had such a lovely time we decided to come back in May this year.

This time we went for a sea view room - which was lovely and definitely worth the extra money. The room was easily big enough for me and my husband and our 3 year old son. The one slight problem was that there was no bath - we were told they had renovated all the bathrooms and that now only showers were available. Not ideal for trying to get a sandy 3 year old clean!

Unfortunately we were unlucky with the weather (not the hotel's fault) however one criticsm is that none of the pools were heated, and when the weather was bad and we were stuck inside the indoor pool was far too cold to use. We went to visit the Delphin Imerial and saw that they had an outdoor heated pool, and when the weather was bad they heated the indoor pool as well. I think in future we would consider the Delphin Imperial for this reason alone if we decide to come earleir in the season again.

Overall though this is an amazing hotel - spotlessly clean, great food and drinks and brilliant
facilities - especially for children. The staff all go out of their way to make it a great holiday!

4 Thank 66gemma
Chertsey, Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Another fantastic 10 day holiday at a superb hotel. Our 2nd time here as a family of 3 and we will back again next year for sure. If you don't love this place then there is something seriously wrong. Thank you to everyone at the hotel that works so hard and has made our 2 holidays here so special

3 Thank ndeassocltd
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was our first visit to a Delphin hotel. I travelled with my husband and 2 boys aged 10 and 13. We arrived late at night and were offered some food in the restaurant which we declined as the boys were really tired. The bellboys delivered our cases really quickly.

Rooms :
We were on the 4th floor and overlooking the road at the front of the hotel. The room was more spacious than previous hotels we have visited along the beach and nicely decorated. We had a double bed, single bed and a sofa bed. The pillows were horrendous for me and the children. They were really hard and extremely high and gave us neck ache the following morning. I mentioned this to guest relations and our rep the next morning and there were 3 lovely soft, flatter pillows delivered before the next nights sleep. It didn't however have a bath, only a shower which wasn't a problem to us. There was shower/hair gel, 2 very small tubes of hair conditioner, toothbrushes and 2 very tiny tubes of toothpaste. The safe was free of charge. The mini bar was filled with bottles of beer, soft drinks, water, chocolate bars and salted peanuts. There were also tea/coffee making facilities.The cleaner cleaned to a very good standard.

Food:
The food was absolutely delicious. Breakfast and dinner were served in the main restaurant which had an outdoor part (with a childrens little play area) and an indoor air conditioned part. Breakfast was usual cereal, loads of yoghurts, jams, breads, freshly cooked fried eggs, omelettes, pancakes, waffles, eggy bread, fruit.......everything you could think of. There is also freshly squeezed orange juice. Dinner again had a huge choice of food, more than I have ever seen in the other hotels I've been in this resort. It was absolutely delicious. Lots of different meats, chips, jacket potatoes, pasta cooking station and show cooking in lots of areas. There was so much choice I couldn't possibly list what there was. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions about the food.
During the day, food is served from 10am till 5pm around the pool area and I think inside one of the bars, there was always sandwiches and cakes on offer continuously. There are various food stations around the pool area which serve different foods at different times of the day. These included jacket potatoes (delicious), kebabs, waffles, pizzas, SF chicken and chips, salads, tantuni, gozleme, burgers, mashed potatoes, fruit and desserts. You can either sit at the eating areas or they provide plastic plates and cutlery if you prefer to eat at your sunlounger.
People also come round with trolleys to the sunbeds serving cucumber, apples, carrots, melon and hot rice.
All in all best food Ive had in Lara Beach !
The drinks were also very nice. There was an extensive list of cocktails, lots of spirits and all sorts of speciality coffees and teas. They had everything I asked for all included.

Pools:
If you have young children, there is a brilliant area called 'childrens paradise'. It has a shallow pool with little slides and a little park and a large trampoline which has the protective netting around. Around this pool and the large pool there are lots of 4 poster sunbeds that are like a double bed with netting around which are a brilliant idea for sleeping children in the shade and they are free!
There is a large main pool where 'the entertainment' takes place, then a separate pool where the slides are. The slides are great - quite fast - and each slide is partitioned off in the pool so there is no crashing into each other at the bottom. There is also a lifeguard at the top directing people when to go, who is quite strict (which is a good thing in my opinion).
There are notices around the pool that you can't reserve sunbeds until 8.30am. I dont know whether this was enforced or not. I went down between 8.30 and 8.45 and there was always loads of sunbeds available and I always got the spot I wanted. This may be due to going in May though and might be a totally different story in the main summer holiday period. There were 2 main pool guys which were really really pleasant and friendly. They always helped to put my towels on the beds in the morning and made sure they were really neat and tucked in - such lovely guys - Bayram Akkus and Erhan Sagdig (hope I got their names right) - DELPHIN - please give these guys the recognition they deserve!
You are given a towel card which you can exchange for towels which is a little desk situated on the way out to the pool. It opens at 8am and closes at 7pm.
There are people that go round the pool on roller skates taking orders for drinks which is great if you're lazy like me but sometimes you do have to wait quite a while for them.

Entertainment:
The entertainment was OK. No where near as good as the Limak or Liberty but we don't take part in activities anyway so it didn't bother us. The pool games were a bit hit and miss and we only visited the evening entertainment once during our weeks stay because nothing really grabbed our attention. Maybe it will all liven up a bit in the main summer months. Unfortunately this is the only area that I had to complain about. They play loud music around the pool during the day (which they have in all the others I've been in too) BUT the language in the songs was absolutely disgusting. The 'F' word was quite frequent as well as sexual phrases. I complained to guest relations and they seemed genuinely shocked that this was happening and they said they would deal with it by speaking to the entertainment team. The following morning, there was still songs being played with milder swear words but by the afternoon, the genre of music changed. I hope this was intentional and not coincidental. Unfortunately I came home that night so not sure if it has been resolved. I did mention it to the First Choice Rep too before I left so I also hope that she follows this up. I do think that it was done out of complete ignorance because of the language barrier....I really don't think they would have played it knowing the language was so bad so I am not letting this alter my opinion of a great hotel.

There is WiFi in most areas of the hotel/beach/pool which I found pretty good. Its free of charge and you just have to put your date of birth in and room number.

There is a tennis court which also has football goals and there are a couple of table tennis tables.
There is a gym for over 16s which looked well equipped.
The indoor pool is extremely cold...we never saw anyone in it.
There is a small funfair which only opened for a couple of hours in the evening. There was a pirate ship, big wheel, dodgem cars, a swing ride and a little train ride.

We have been to the Limak Lara, Baia Lara and Liberty Lara and this was my favourite hotel by far. There was a feel of luxury about this hotel compared to the others and nice finishing touches. I would definately return to this hotel.

I've had to keep going back to edit this as I keep thinking of more things and I'll probably remember more after I've posted it.
Please don't hesitate to message me any questions about this hotel and I'll do my best to answer them.

23 Thank kbar67