“Karyatit Hotel has some very friendly staff who made the stay there pleasurable.”
Review of Karyatit Hotel

Karyatit Hotel
Ranked #117 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 7 June 2011

This is a family run hotel who see the people staying with them as their guests.The food is the same as the family eat on a day to day basis.However the hotel offers a snack menu if required.Breakfast was on a buffet basis cheeses,jams and bread which was a little disappointing as there was no cereal and only one hot dish which was 1/4 of a plain omelette.
The rooms were tiny and they would benefit from a makeover. However the hotel is enhanced by the staff who are helpful and very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peem1

Reviewed 4 August 2010

I flew into Antalyas modern airport from where it was a short road trip to the hotel.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at hotel Karyatit and would recommend staying at this hotel, and also if on a budget.
I would reckon it to be probably, the best value accommodation, I have chosen to date.
It's well located in Antalya and was fairly accessible to the beach and close enough to all the buzz.
I was a half board guest and the waiter serive was of a 5 star rating. My waiter happened to be named Suat, indeed all of the hotels staff, looked after me well and were friendly and most helpfull.
This added greatly to the whole holiday experience and especially when travelling far from home soil on your own.
For the price I had paid, I was very surprised, and did not expect the such good value I got in return.
I had no real complaints during my entire 10 days stay. There was even an attractively small swimming pool provided, and I believe it has some historical value too. My room balcony overlooked the little oasis below.
Perhaps my only slight concern was the derelict sort of building, next to the hotel. Of course this is beyond the control of Karyatit and apart from this, it's an otherwise pleasant area. A lovely and park with fountain is nearby, at the coast too.
Away from the hotel, I took the nearby tram which shuttles back and forth toward the beach terminus. It's not a long jouney, but the trams are not too regular. Every half hour I think.
The beach was smoothly pebbled, something newish for me, and I didn't have the problem of "gettin sand in my face" ! There would be a few sort of wee sandy coves in and around the marina.
The DJ music at the main beach combined with the sun, blue skies and kooling Mediterranean sea breezes, added to the pleasing atmosphere.
Antalya would be a pretty happening place and I took a short boat trip along the coast. There would be various excursions available inland, but I opted for the relaxing beach most days.
I probably would have liked, to vist church of St Nicholaus in Myra. He was bishop there and, (creater) of Santa Claus. As they say, theres no better time, than the Present !
Another trip, though some distance away, would be to visit Pamukkale. Seems an unusal place, like as if it included, "a cluster of circular white baths", all hugging the hillside, it would appear ! www.pamukkale.net
To conclude, I really enjoyed my stay at Karyatit hotel. " I would definately recommend to stay -at it ".

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank ritchey
Reviewed 5 January 2010

Very pleasant traditional style hotel in the old city of Antalya. Rooms are all located around a central courtyard and swimming pool which I guess might be a bit noisy in the summer months. The hotel is well kept and spotless although the rooms and in particular the bathrooms are on the small side. The beds we comfortable but the pillows are sure to give you a stiff neck being rock hard. Breakfast was very good for this standard of hotel and the staff were always polite and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobinsonKktc
Reviewed 25 November 2009

The rooms and bathrooms are the smallest I've experienced in a lot of traveling over the years. The hotel is well located in the old town and is easy walking distance of everything. No internet and no laundry facilities whatsoever. Breakfast is minimal. People at front desk speak limited English, but tried to be helpful. Guests at the hotel unfriendly, but who cares. Good value overall if you don't mind a tiny room. There is a small pool but I think it is more for show than intended to be used

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Ask management for advice re trips - they arranged a great one to Aspendos, Perge and Side for us. Aspendos is amazing!!. The management are always willing to help and you almost feel one of the family...The food was also good and reasonably priced. All in all a great holiday.

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank katett1
Reviewed 15 April 2009

We have just returned from a most enjoyable holiday in the old town of Kaleci, Antalya. We stayed at the Karyatit Hotel and found that, despite some negative reports, all the staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful.

As we did not have the services of a holiday rep, before we left for Turkey, we rang the hotel and spoke to Fatma who arranged for her husband to collect us from the airport assisted by Mesut, a member of staff who spoke English and chatted to us on the journey.

On our arrival at this charming hotel, we were greeted by Fatma in English and shown to our room. It was a standard room, clean and small but adequate for our needs.
We soon discovered that we were the only English people staying but found the majority of the other guests, from mainly Belgium and Holland, very friendly and prepared to chat to us in English, especially if an effort was made by us.

The breakfast was a Mediterranean style buffet, but the evening meal was a set menu with soup, main course and pudding or fruit. Occasionally there were chips!! We enjoyed the food, especially as it was Turkish. We loved the soups, particularly the yogurt and rice soup!! Fatma did ask us how she could better cater for English tourists. Her main concern is that her guests should come first and enjoy their stay.

We relied a great deal on Fatma's help in organising our trips out as she had the contacts and knowledge of reliable tour companies. Nothing was too much trouble for her and when tours were not available to the places we wanted to go, she arranged a reasonable private taxi to take us. The driver could not speak English and we could not speak Turkish but somehow we communicated and had a fantastic day out!!

We found that Fatma, her husband and all the staff were very friendly towards us even though we spent little time in the hotel as we were always out seeing the sights of Turkey, including magnificent waterfalls, fire breathing rocks, towering mountains, beautiful bays and beaches, and archaeological sites par excellence, with an opera singer thrown in for good measure (See Video - if it works!!)

We found prices in Turkey are now comparable with other European countries. The days of the "cheap holiday" seem to be over, but Turkey has a great deal to offer being a land of great contrasts.

Our special thanks go especially to Fatma and Mesut for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LaurenceDoncaster
Reviewed 15 January 2009

I stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend over new year for a week, when we arrived the room was stinking of smoke, i do smoke myself but really it was unbearable really bad, the room was very small but always clean, also when we arrived the room we were put in had no hot water or heating but that was sorted out the next morning, The lady who runs or owns the hotel was sooo lazy which rubs of on her 2 children who were very room for example we were sitting after our dinner having a drink and i was watching tv and the two young girls just came running in and changed the channel on the tv without even looking to see if anyone is watching is, I felf so sorry for the older waiter who works there as he is just treated as a slave to the turkish lady and her childen. cooking and cleaning and being talked really down too by the turksih lady Another this was the costs of drinks there we had in total 7 vodkas and coke 8 cans of coke and 8 bottles of water and i nearly had a heart attack when i got the bill at the end for 183 turkish lira which is like £83 which i do know know what their charged of the vodka is but we went out to a night club one night and it was 25 lira for 2 vodkas a coke and at the hotel alot more so i dont know how they have worked that out.

I would never stay in this hotel again

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple