“Clean but shabby”

Ranked #107 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Clean but shabby”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

No real complaints when balancing the cost against what was on offer. On the minus side, the room was tiny, the bed sheet had a burn hole, the breakfast was boring and although each day there were some different items such as cheese rolls, if you didn't get down there early enough, you missed out and were left with just the basics, the place didn't have a lot of atmosphere, everything seemed worn out and shabby, the hotel owners weren't very friendly and seemed to spend a lot of time shouting at the staff although, as I don't speak Turkish, it might just have seemed that way. On the plus side, the location was good for me on a well lit street on the outer edge of the old city, everywhere was clean, plenty of hot water, clean towels every day, the bed was comfortable with clean bedding and one of the staff spoke very good English.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front will be quieter. Standard rooms are miniscule!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank SuziKu

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
lebanon
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We arrived there was 2 kind mens at the reception they carried our luggage to the room !
We entered the room there was a very bad smell
We booked a suite for 3 person , the suite was 2 beds and 1 sofa and the room was like the standard in other hotels.
The floor was very dirty , they didn't clean the floor in our room for 7 days .
No soap, no shampoo,no tissues,no towel for hands only for body and hair , the hairdryer works for 5 min and stops for a half hour , no dish for the tv , nothing in the bar ...
There is 17 color in the room , and 7 types of wood , and when your taking a shower the water will be in the whole bathroom !
The internet connection is not free u have to pay 2 euro per day , and there is no connection in the room so you have to sir on the stairs !
Very tiny pool , no private beach for the hotel , cats at the breakfast disturbing you ,first very delicious breakfast but after two days you'll get tired of the same breakfast ...
AT the reception there was a guy asking my aunt (he thought she was my mother ) every day for a walk when i go to sleep , and asking about her facebook, and telling her come next year maybe we can love each other , but the other staff are very nice and kind...
so i hated this hotel and i will never EVER come back

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Ralfbc

Travellers are raving about these Antalya hotels

Arras
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We were one week in that hotel. First when we arrived the guy say to my girlfriend and me that we will not get the double room we reserved and that we will maybe get our doucle room 2 or 3 days later. We got a simple bed room so and this room was really dirty, smelling like hell (tobacco, sweat & wet) and the toilet was broken..
But after 5 minutes the guy came back and said he got a double room bed for us.... weird ... but fine. My girlfriend was looking so mad that he changed his mind :-)
The room we got was OK, the carpet was a little bit dirty but it was smelling better.
After a few days we discovered during the night that the air conditionning was leaking ... but we were happy to get AC with such temperature.
The breakfast is OK, plenty of things but you will get bored after a few days. Just be careful : a guy will propose you orange juice (fresh pressed). He will charge you each gla 5TL. If you walk 100 meters away from the hotel you can find OJ for 2TL ... so the price is not fair and he ist not teling you that you must pay. For us it seemed like included in the breakfast, wich is not.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank beinj
Wingene, Belgium
Reviewed 2 August 2011

"You're not a number ',' What fun!" "Cosy" ... that's what we heard on the patio terrace overlooking the pool at this charming hotel. For the fourth time. This hotel is not a star hotel, it does provide a basis for a comfortable holiday budget-friendly price. Each day our room was cleaned and fresh towels. Halfway through our stay we were given fresh bedding. Standard rooms are o.k. as a guest room, but if you want more space, then a superior room is recommended. Through a favorable chance, we were awarded a superior room and on the next visit we'll take this room. The attention of the Karyatit team gives every guest a VIP-feeling!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dany_de-from_bruges
Edinburgh
Reviewed 7 June 2011

This is a family run hotel who see the people staying with them as their guests.The food is the same as the family eat on a day to day basis.However the hotel offers a snack menu if required.Breakfast was on a buffet basis cheeses,jams and bread which was a little disappointing as there was no cereal and only one hot dish which was 1/4 of a plain omelette.
The rooms were tiny and they would benefit from a makeover. However the hotel is enhanced by the staff who are helpful and very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Peem1
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I flew into Antalyas modern airport from where it was a short road trip to the hotel.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at hotel Karyatit and would recommend staying at this hotel, and also if on a budget.
I would reckon it to be probably, the best value accommodation, I have chosen to date.
It's well located in Antalya and was fairly accessible to the beach and close enough to all the buzz.
I was a half board guest and the waiter serive was of a 5 star rating. My waiter happened to be named Suat, indeed all of the hotels staff, looked after me well and were friendly and most helpfull.
This added greatly to the whole holiday experience and especially when travelling far from home soil on your own.
For the price I had paid, I was very surprised, and did not expect the such good value I got in return.
I had no real complaints during my entire 10 days stay. There was even an attractively small swimming pool provided, and I believe it has some historical value too. My room balcony overlooked the little oasis below.
Perhaps my only slight concern was the derelict sort of building, next to the hotel. Of course this is beyond the control of Karyatit and apart from this, it's an otherwise pleasant area. A lovely and park with fountain is nearby, at the coast too.
Away from the hotel, I took the nearby tram which shuttles back and forth toward the beach terminus. It's not a long jouney, but the trams are not too regular. Every half hour I think.
The beach was smoothly pebbled, something newish for me, and I didn't have the problem of "gettin sand in my face" ! There would be a few sort of wee sandy coves in and around the marina.
The DJ music at the main beach combined with the sun, blue skies and kooling Mediterranean sea breezes, added to the pleasing atmosphere.
Antalya would be a pretty happening place and I took a short boat trip along the coast. There would be various excursions available inland, but I opted for the relaxing beach most days.
I probably would have liked, to vist church of St Nicholaus in Myra. He was bishop there and, (creater) of Santa Claus. As they say, theres no better time, than the Present !
Another trip, though some distance away, would be to visit Pamukkale. Seems an unusal place, like as if it included, "a cluster of circular white baths", all hugging the hillside, it would appear ! www.pamukkale.net
To conclude, I really enjoyed my stay at Karyatit hotel. " I would definately recommend to stay -at it ".

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
5 Thank ritchey
KKTC
Reviewed 5 January 2010

Very pleasant traditional style hotel in the old city of Antalya. Rooms are all located around a central courtyard and swimming pool which I guess might be a bit noisy in the summer months. The hotel is well kept and spotless although the rooms and in particular the bathrooms are on the small side. The beds we comfortable but the pillows are sure to give you a stiff neck being rock hard. Breakfast was very good for this standard of hotel and the staff were always polite and helpful.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple