“Very good”
Review of 7 Mehmet

7 Mehmet
Reserve with
7 Mehmet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,172 Restaurants in Antalya
Price range: US$1 - US$24
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It is possible to see many traditional home foods, which are made by the experienced cooks, in the various restaurants lined up from the smallest settlement areas up to the big cities. However, one of those restaurants has a legendary name, which is giving a hard struggle for long years to keep the traditional tastes alive and achieved to survive and remain standing till today...
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Some reviewers wrote that it is overrated and expensive. But I can assure you, it is not overrated, just very good restaurant for frequent dining.

I visited the restaurant with my
wife for a dinner during an all-inclusive beach resort Holiday. We were not staying in Antalya, we drove almost two hours, due to faulty address in GPS, struggled in narrow streets of old town (kale ici). A few times, we were about to give up.

After a call to restaurant we understood that the address in GPS is wrong (tele atlas of course). When we arrived in parking, my wife said, looking at the cars, "may be it is expensive than we thought" and I answered "what is wrong with our BMW 5.20d automatic?" (We had rented with 50% discount, and possibly they are doing the same discount for everyone).

When we are passing through our reserved table, I noticed a reservation for Mr. Igor S... and family, and after we sit our table they arrived. I assumed him as a Russian oligarch with his family. Really, he was looking like an actor from a James Bond movie, tall and athletic. His wife was even longer, younger and blonde of course.

Then I gazed other close tables to judge customer profile. A pharmacy company was having a dinner after training of possibly new dealers. They were a very large group, had paper note blocks, and discussing about training. At another table four businessmen (two Turkish and two possibly Russian) were discussing construction market in Russia in English. Yet another table, a young couple were dining with a table covered of flower leaves, possible an anniversary. And finally a religiously closed women dining with her white hairred husband. The husband (with a mustache similar of Cemaat people) possibly misunderstand my interest around and may be thought I am against of their appearance. There are other family tables as well. All of them except company dinners, possibly were not part of middle class.

It has a beautiful Antalya sea view and in a green quiet park. It was peaceful, relaxing and totally amazing atmosphere.

When we received the menu, I didn't believe that it is cheaper than middle to upper restaurant chains in Istanbul. In Istanbul, Midpoint, Kosebasi or Kasibeyaz are reasonable frequent dining options (for me) and 7 Mehmet was cheaper than these.

Waiters are cold? No. But not hot (!) either; really professional, kind and assisting well enough with the menu if you know how to communicate.

My wife changed the main course after my intervention but her previous choice came, and I asked not to return after tasting it. It was meatballs under sauce with yoghourt. The course may known as Manisa Kebabi in Manisa or Balaban in Eskisehir. It is a dish of Mehmet Yasin style, however it was wonderful.

Also my dish had a wonderful rice (ic pilav) as side dish and the meat was superior than I can eat in Istanbul restaurants. All starters what we had ordered by the help of waiter were also perfect.

As a result we paid total 50 euro as a couple for two main courses, 3 starters, salad, deserts and even Raki.

Wonderful atmosphere, very delicious food and mainstream prices.

Definitely neither overrated nor expensive. Strongly suggested.

1  Thank MustafaAltan

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

The view is great and the food is good, but not great. For the prices they charge I would expect it to be amazing. We waited a loooong time for a bit of fried fish with lettuce, grilled meat with rice and köfte with rice. No sauces and no vegetables on the side - boring and not what I would expect from such a classy restaurant with such fees. As other reviewers pointed out, the waiter was as dry as the food and as cold as a frozen fish. Twice we had to remind him of two things that we ordered. Also, I asked the waiter if there was a special Turkish dish that I could order, he asked what meat I would like and brought me the most non-Turkish dish I would have imagined. I would not recommend this restaurant for the food or the service.

Some reviewer said that you get a lot of food here... I strongly disagree.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

food was tasty, but would've liked more authentic turkish mixed mezzes and proper grilled platters. the food was nice thou, portions are average, but they had no baklava or shisha areas.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Great food, good service. Was interesting to be able to walk into the kitchen to choose your food. Some of the turkish entrees especially the meatballs with tomato sauce and yoghurt were awesome. We went back a second time in 4 days. Just one downside - limited options for non vegetarians.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is a large Turkish restaurant with great views of the sea. I think they cater to large groups, but food was surprisingly good and I tried a lot of dishes. Grilled prawns were amazing, special salad and other salads I had we're excellent and fresh. Chicken shish also very good. Desserts were to die for especially the pumpkin one. Would recommend!