I was with a party of British people who have just got back from a 14 day all inclusive stay at the Siam Elegance hotel at Bogazkent Turkey.
On first impressions the .hotel seemed to be excellent but after a couple of days we were very aware of a lot of problems.
I will list these in the order that I was made aware of them.
The hotel which is divided into 3 main accommodation blocks has 1 main restaurant which opened at 18:30 for the main meal. Every evening there was a long queue (mainly of Germans who far outnumbered the other guests) to get into the restaurant. After we were let in (to an absurd clapping routine by the restaurant staff), one had to queue for either hot or cold food. As the restaurant was so large, the food was often luke warm when one eventually got to a table.
The hotel is situated in a location where there are about 20 shops locally, but it is quite remote from other centers of activity and buses are not advertised (although I believe that one stopped near to the hotel).
The only local ATM machine in the area only dispensed Turkish Lira. All of the prices in the shops, both in the hotel and the local area, were given in Euro.s (The shop keepers would take lira but made it fairly obvious that they preferred other currencies. (Sterling, Euros, German Marks, American Dollars etc)
The beach area was often dirty and groups of stray dogs could often be seen fighting and messing there. Many of the reclining beds on the beach area did not have foam mattresses and some of those that were there were damaged and stained.
About a dozen stray cats were often to be seen begging for food around the outside restaurant and cafe areas.
Most of the staff spoke very poor English and it was often difficult to make them understand what you wanted.
One of our party had an accident in which a chair upon which she was sitting collapsed. The management seemed unconcerned that she had injured her wrist in the accident, which was not her fault.
On the last day we were due to leave at 19:15 hrs and many of our party wanted to have a small snack when the restaurant opened. When we queued up at 18:30 (together with about 100 other people) we were told that the restaurant would not be opening until 19:00 hrs. (They had changed the time without telling anyone or putting up any notices in English)
At 19:00 hrs one of our party went into the restaurant and picked up 3 rolls to eat on the coach. These he carried out to the coach to be greeted at the front door of the hotel by a manager who said he would have to pay for these. As he had expected to eat a meal that evening anyway, he refused to pay and said that they could have them back. The manager refused to take them back so he put the on the ground, as the coach to the airport was about to leave. The manager then insisted that the coach could not leave. It was not until one of the travel representatives intervened that the problem was eventually sorted out.
The management staff seemed to have no idea of how to generate good relations between the guests and the staff.
We had arrived at the hotel on the first day late, due to flight delays so had missed our 1st evening meal. Also some of our party had been away from the hotel for 3 days on a trip to Capodoccia so had not had any meals on those days.
I for one, will not be re visiting this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel has been renovated and enlarged in winter 2011-12.Siam Elegance Hotel & Spa is located on the Mediterranean coast, overlooking the sea. The nearest town is 11 km away. The distance between the airport and the hotel is 40km and 50km from Antalya city center. From here you can easily go by public transport (Dolmus) or by taxi (24 hours in front of the hotel) to side seeing places. Right across the hotel there are several shops, bars, restaurants and once a week a market / bazaar.The staff is known for its friendliness, helpfulness and can speak different languages. Once you enter, you will be warmly welcomed by the reception that helps you for your quick check in and the bell boys help you with your baggages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotelopia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Siam Elegance Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siam Elegance Hotel Serik
- Siam Elegance Resort And Spa
- Siam Elegance Resort & Spa Turkey/Antalya Province