“Super-friendly with great views”
Review of Marina Restaurant

Marina Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 210 Restaurants in Kalkan
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We've only ever had lunches here and we come back year after year: the staff are good fun but not pushy, (see earlier review mentioning the star turn, "George Clooney"), and the food is just what we like to eat at lunch.

It's at the edge of the marina and has lovely views, plus you see a bit of the world going by. The pide (spicy Turkish flatbreads with meat, cheese or veg toppings) are freshly made in the bread oven and delicious. One between two with a salad, or one each without salad, is spot-on for lunch. The Mediterranean salad is very good but I found it quite large.

They are very accommodating - when I was dithering one day about what I was going to order they started suggesting various "off-menu" options that they could make up as alternatives. They probably couldn't do this when really busy, but lunchtime is reasonably quiet in the town as it's so hot.

Contrary to what one reviewer said, we didn't find it expensive compared to anywhere else in Kalkan.

The only reason we haven't been here in the evening is that the location, being at the very end of the marina, makes you feel like you are a bit away from the buzz and I'm not sure that the atmosphere would be quite as good as in some other restaurants. We know that the (Turkish) owner of our hotel eats here, (because we've seen him), so that must be a good sign.

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

I've been here 3 times now for lunch and dinner and had a great experience every time .
The food is always cooked to perfection and soo delicious . So far I've tried the chick in red wine sauce , BBQ chicken and calamari was all wonderful my family have had steaks here and say they were perfect . You should order a plate of chips to share tho as the steaks only come with a portion of veg. I Highly recommend this resturant.

1  Thank Kimkbtr
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Food was okay, Service was good. We were though very surprised by the bill for what we orded, especially the cost of the water!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Visited Marina last night, we were recommended to this restaurant by a friend, and it was a great recommendation. we all went for the set menu, which included free bread and mezes starter, They were really good, we were offered additional bread. he fillets were cooked to perfection, as well as the vegetables we ordered an additional portion of chips, these too were great. I went for the fillet steak mexican style, this was served with a hot and spicy sauce, really tasty. we all agreed superb steaks and we want to go back. 300 tl bought us five meals all steaks, two bottles of wines, two beers and two soft drinks.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

The dimunutive George Clooney persuaded us in as we were walking past - and I don't do pushy so he was GOOD! So very glad we did -the service is truly second to none and we had SUCH a good meal and evening. Okay special mentions - stuffed calamari omg delicious; BUT the chocolate pudding with ice cream --------------- HEAVEN; I don't usually have desserts but this one had me kissing the chef!!! Can't recommend this enough!!

1  Thank londonlady2