“Wonderful!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Limon

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Games room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Meadowswe...
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 6 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

This was our third trip to Kalkan. The previous two years we had stayed at another villa, so I wanted a change for this trip. I emailed Laura while we were in Kalkan last year to see if we could get a quick look at the villa before we left. We arrived after dark, and the view down the hill to the harbour was stunning. A quick email back and forth and we were booked! We arrived late at night, but luckily my sister and her husband had arrived earlier in the day, so had got the provisions in! We had drinks up on the top terrace and the views from there did not disappoint. Having a bar, fridge, etc.. (on 2 levels) also made our stay very enjoyable. The villa is lovely. Very spacious - as there were just the four of us, we spent most of our time on one level of the villa. There are lovely big comfy chairs outside, and we spent many an evening sitting here after a hard day at the beach or at dinner.
I was up first on our first morning and the view was breathtaking. It's a view that will stay with us for a long time.
Our time went too quickly, but at least we come away with many happy memories of cooling down in the lovely pool or enjoying the view from the jacuzzi. Laura was so helpful in arranging airport transfers and making sure we had everything we needed.

Liked best: The view
Liked least: The stairs!
Friends getaway Large groups
wendy p
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Paradise !!!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We have just returned from a wonderful holiday at villa limon and the only thing I can say is WoW ,the villa both inside and out is fantastic Laura realy has got great taste ,we all agreed it was the best holiday we had ever had the villa we thought personally was the best in Kalkan .It was our first time to Turkey and I'm so glad we chose Kalkan it was everything I hoped it would be to describe kalkan in one word I would say magical .Anyone celebrating a special birthday ,anniversary or even a honeymoon kalkan would be perfect it's the most. Romantic place I have ever been .It was the first time we had traveled independently and Laura made it so easy she made everything run so smooth it was also a big help being able to stay in the villa till 4 on our last day .I would love to return to villa limon again someday but if I don't make it I will always have such wonderful memories of the best holiday ever thank you Laura .

Liked best: The veiw
Liked least: Nothing
Imy122
London, United Kingdom
“The perfect holiday villa”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We had an absolutely brilliant time at Villa Limon. The Villa is clean, well-equipped and beautifully finished.

Kalkan itself is a great holiday destination with lots of restaurants and day trips to choose from. It's possible to walk from the Villa to Kalkan (we did on a couple of occasions) but it's a very steep slope so I'd recommend renting a car. If you go for this option, make sure to get good directions to the Villa from the airport. Our only complaint with the holiday was that we arrived in the dark on the first night and found it very difficult to locate the villa. However, this slightly rocky start was more than made up for by an amazing holiday.

Travelling group: Friends
Dibblers
England
“Can't see how you could better it!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

We can only reiterate the previous reviews regarding view, villa facilities and cleanliness. All as mentioned by other reviewers - absolutely first class. From the moment we made contact with Laura, she responded quickly and was accommodating in letting us have an extra day and leave late on the day of departure which was much appreciated by all. The cleaners and Omar, the pool man, all first class and very efficient. Security at the Villa was good and we felt very safe. We were a party of eight friends (four couples) and we all loved Kalkan as a resort. We were impressed with the standard of food which was unbelievably good at every restaurant we went to as well as being good value for money. A boat trip was one of the highlights of our stay which again was excellent value with great food and lovely crew. Thank you Laura, we're sure we'll be returning.

Liked best: Kalkan Food and beautiful villa
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ZebJaved
“Serenely beautiful views”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

This was my second visit to Villa Limon and I hope to return again and again. I love the location, the serene views from every corner of the villa envelopes you in peaceful tranquility. The high standard of the internal specifications of the villa, made our stay very comfortable. The communication with Laura and all concerned in Kalkan is second to none. It is the only destination I have holidayed
twice!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jo L
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
“My dream home…...”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

I have never, ever, cried when leaving a holiday behind, but I freely admit, I stood looking over the stunning view on our last evening and cried! I was devastated to be leaving such a beautiful place behind.

Ok, practicalities! The villa itself, wow!!!! stunning is the only way it can be described inside and out, but to be honest, we were rarely indoors, as all we wanted to do was relax outside on one of the beautiful outside areas. The view!!! nothing, can ever compare!!! simply beautiful. We were also treat to a spectacular electric storm that lasted for hours!!

The villa is down a set of very steep steps, therefore maybe not suitable for the elderly or infirm. Kalkan does have quite a few power cuts, so a torch is handy, especially if you have to get down the steps in the dark!

The pool was a great size too, we were with our three children, and they had a fantastic time in there. The garden was stunning too, and we loved going down there for breakfast in the traditional turkish ottoman every morning.

Amenities were fantastic, friendly young guy who came and cleaned the pool, and twice in our stay the villa was cleaned by friendly staff. Lots of shops in kalkan that offer a full range of food for cooking at home, lots of taxis, very easy to order and very cheap. We had the same taxi driver our whole stay who was fantastic.

Eating out - so many to choose from!!!!! We ate at a different place almost every night, and never had an even average meal, truly wonderful food and fantastic hospitality. Our favourite was Lipsos, owned by the lovely Omar. Every place we went welcomed our children with open arms (literally!!) which was so nice to see!

Kalkan beach although a pebble beach was wonderful, and we enjoyed some lovely swims in there! There is a gorgeous sandy beach at Patara, just a short taxi ride, as well as a massive range of excursions and boat rides.

Booking the villa through the owner, Laura, couldn't have went more smoothly, as did the transfers she organised for us. We were welcomed off the plane by the driver holding our name card, and upon getting in, were given chilled bottles of water and biscuits, very welcome after a 4.5 hour flight!!

I had holiday blues for weeks coming home, but have discovered a perfume to ease my sadness from Lush called 'Sikkem girls' , which smells exactly like the balmy evenings at villa limon, the evening florals of frangipani, jasmine and verbena.

I can't wait to lie with a glass of wine and smell the real thing later this year, as we are hoping to book up for Villa Limon again, nothing and nowhere will ever beat it!

Liked best: the view!
Liked least: nothing, everything perfect!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jemr_blue...
Surrey
“Fantastic Villa, Stunning Views!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

The Villa is situated at the top of the bay and so to get down in to Kalkan you will need to get a taxi, there were 8 of us in total ranging from 9 years old to 75 years old.
Taxis were anywhere from 20lire to 25lire, so very cheap and were SO easy to organise.

We were met at the airport and transported to the villa very smoothly, it was late and we were hungry and the driver also had a restaurant called Alibaba's. Lovely little start to our holiday!

The Villa has approx. 70 steps leading down to it, which sounds daunting, but actually my 75 year old step granddad did just fine with them....we gave him a head start.

The main house has 5 bedrooms which all have en-suites, a lovely open plan kitchen and lounge area downstairs. This leads you in to the pool area.....just stunning!!! The property is beautifully decorated on the inside and out, and the little touches like the sun bed cushions having Villa Limon embroided on to the pillows and the towels having Villa Limon stitched in to them is just fabulous! touch of class!! There are various terraces where you can sit and enjoy the wonderful view.

You go down some more steps to the bedroom under the house, which is where my husband and I slept. the first night wasn't great because you are right next to the pool pump, but once the pool cleaner realised we were there he turned it off of an evening which was great...no noise at all!!! Worth mentioning to the owner if you are intending to use that room so when you arrive the pump is switched off.

The pool cleaner came twice a day, and the cleaner came twice in the week we were there (my husband and I were there for 7 days, and my dad, step mum, 3 sisters and step granddad were there for 10...leaving today actually)
Beach towels and towels are provided...great! More space for bags on the way home!!

Laura has produced a fab guide to the area of what to do and where to go, I recommend HIGHLY to go on Anil's boat trip day, it is the best!!! You go to various bays, and you are out all day and they produce a wonderful lunch, SO much food and the best Turkish curry ever all for £25. Drinks are on top but for 8 of us drinking lots of water, some wine and fizzy drinks it was a total of 75 lire. Villa Mahal beach club is a very nice place to enjoy a day, very peaceful, lovely restaurant. We also went to Kalamar Beach club which is more geared for the children to enjoy too. there is a water trampoline, kayaking, etc but even Villa Mahal had all the water rides too like the rings, boat rides etc.

I would also recommend Aubergine Restaurant in the harbour for a special dinner, that is the most expensive one we went to which was still only £27 a head! Kosk restaurant is a must, it doesn't have harbour views and wasn't as full as the other restaurants but actually by far was our BEST meal of the trip closely in line with Aubergine. Its behind the bag shop called BSG I think.

It was very easy to get a taxi, you just tell them Villa Limon on the Bergezan Road (not sure on spelling!) there are a couple of Villa Limon's so be sure they know you are the top. There is a local restaurant near to the villa which you can walk to called Hazel Gardens, it was OK but I would personally venture in to Kalkan itself.

The Villa comes with a BBQ which was great so we had a couple of BBQ lunches and dinners. the Pool area really is stunning and you will miss the view dreadfully. My step mum organised the trip and she said that Laura was great in responding, advising and even left us a welcome pack of bread, milk, butter and Jam and recommended lots of things to my step mum to do.

Really was a fab place to stay, You can walk to a local super market also but that's probably best left to the younger/ fitter ones. If you do have walking issues or disabilities this villa wouldn't suit you, but it really is a wonderful location, away from the nightlife of kalkan and very peaceful during the day and evening, and is a great location to get to things.

Thanks for a fab stay!!

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Liked best: The Pool and View
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing