“A very enjoyable nights stay!”
Review of Rhapsody Hotel

Rhapsody Hotel
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Kalkan
Barnsley, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,818 helpful votes
“A very enjoyable nights stay!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Our Kalkan villa had guests until Saturday, so we decided to take advantage of a better flight time on Friday & stay in the Penthouse suite here on Friday night.
Very spacious, modern room with jacuzzi on the private terrace. Lovely large bathroom with rain shower. Very nice breakfast on terrace near pool & very friendly & helpful staff.
Only criticisms were that the bed was a bit hard for me, the pillows weren't feather & no bathrobes, which was a shame in the best room in the hotel.
Would have no hesitate staying here again however, top hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Leedsaway67
Diane1706, Manager at Rhapsody Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Many thanks for taking the trouble to review the hotel, especially as you only stayed one night.

Our new Jacuzzi terrace room is lovely I think, I am glad you enjoyed the experience. You are quite right there should be 2 dressing gowns in the luxury rooms, and I am sorry they were missing on the night you stayed. The room is newly fitted out and I expect the hard mattress is largely because it`s brand new.

I hope we can welcome you again, perhaps for a longer stay next time.
Diane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Turkish first
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

The bedrooms I saw in this hotel are sad and tired in my view. Our room, 1103, was so small that really only1 of us could move in the room at any time. There are no drawers to put small items of clothing in. The bottom of the bathroom door frame was mouldy and rotten. The laminate was lifting in many places. The safe key costs 30 lire and the safe was so small you could not put an ipad or camera inside. The breakfast is adequate but you pay extra for fresh orange juice and omlettes! If you pay your account by credit or debit card there is a 3% surcharge. All in all I would not recommend this hotel which is a shame as it's in a good situation and with money spent on it could be good.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank DrHarris
Diane1706, Manager at Rhapsody Hotel, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
I am naturally disappointed you and your husband did not enjoy your experience at Rhapsody Hotel this year. As I recall I did suggest that the third person in your party take the smaller 1103 twin bedded room and you and your husband occupy the double room, which you declined. Be that as it may, we have concluded that the Standard rooms at the hotel should be renovated during the closed season as you suggest. We are determined to meet and exceed all our guests expectations and look forward to unveiling some lovely rooms next season.

Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Our first visit to Turkey & thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Kalkan has wonderful views of the bay especially from the Rhapsody hotel which was in a very convenient position. The staff were extremely helpful, very friendly, efficient and with Diane at the helm nothing goes unnoticed. The breakfasts offered a perfect selection & the food overall was of a high standard. Overall the Rhapsody is an extremely welcoming place to stay and we can't wait for our return visit next year - already booked!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room for best views.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ros G
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I read and try to respond to all reviews and appreciate the feedback. This is how we can improve! I am sure you will see lots of positive changes when you come back here to Rhapsody in 2014. I know you are frequent visitors and we try very hard not to take for granted our repeat customers. We are only as good as your last holiday experience!
Regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My wife and I booked our holiday at the Rhapsody on the recommendation of our travel agent. We were not disappointed in the holiday. The staff were very attentive and could not do enough for us. I became Ill whilst on holiday and a member of staff, on her own initiative came with us to the doctores (so that there were no language problems). The food was excellent though the hotel restaurant has to compete with the many restaurants in Kalkan town. The only down side to the hotel was the standard of the room. A superior room is not what it implies and I would recommend that the visitor books a deluxe room. That said the hotel management are aware of this issue and a full refurb is being undertaken during the close season.

Room Tip: if you cannot book either of the honeymoon/penthouse rooms I would go for the delux rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Diane1706, Manager at Rhapsody Hotel, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for your review and hopefully you are feeling much better now. We understand that a doctors visit when abroad can be rather daunting and I am sure Özge our recptionist was only too happy to accompany you.

Kalkan is a lovely resort isn`t it, with many attractions to satisfy all needs, historic sites, great restaurants, beautiful beaches close by and of course the famous Turkish hospitality! A great choice.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Fantastic holiday! sorry it took so long for me to write my review of the hotel but as you know I was lucky enough to be travelling again shortly after leaving you. What can I say the hotel & it's staff were wonderful not just polite & gracious but warm & welcoming in every way. We enjoyed the whole experience at Rhapsody, our room was a little on the smaller side however we only booked 2/3 weeks before arriving so had we booked earlier we probably would have had the choice of a larger room!! our room however was immaculately clean as was the whole hotel, I don't think I have ever seen a pool so clean!!! We as are all the guests at Rhapsody were both welcomed & received by Dianne the hotel manageress check in was easy & without fuss, we were told everything we needed to know without the hard sell of trips etc, but advised of what Kalkan had to offer us as a couple on their first visit. Dianne was very welcoming to all her guests & made us feel like we were visiting an old friend, she had a sharp eye for detail & was quick to right anything she thought was wrong. I have just looked to book again for October but see it is booked solid, I really am not surprised. We met some great friends over the two weeks we were there & I am sure that we will return soon. Thankyou again for everything xx

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Diane1706, Manager at Rhapsody Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Hello Joe and Malcolm, I bet it`s raining in Manchester isn`t it!
Thanks for your kind comments about Rhapsody hotel, I remember you time here very well as you are both such lovely down to earth people. You are also very well travelled and know a good hotel when you see it (and bad!) so your comments are all the more welcome. I hope you enjoyed your girls holiday, good fun I bet.

As for October, I can always find a room for you two, call me!
Dorset, England
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We have just returned from a fantastic stay at this delightful hotel. In the words of my ex naval husband, Diane runs a very "tight ship" - that is a compliment Diane. Our superior room was brilliantly placed very close to the pool so that we could nip down for our early morning swim! With wonderful views over the bay of Kalkan. The staff were efficient and very friendly, from the moment we walked into reception, to the care of our room (thank you for the lovely flowers Aisha!) and not forgetting the bar staff and Moorhad (spelling?), our superb chef. Where else would you have delicious home made cake and tea by the pool in Turkey at 4pm every day?! The food was so good we ate at the hotel three times. We have already recommended the hotel to lots of friends and hopefully we will be back again one day.

Room Tip: We were completely satisfied with our superior room but we did not see the others. We faced east so...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recommendation for our hotel and your kind comments. Murat, the chef produces such lovey food, it is a shame more of our guests don`t decide to join us for an evening meal. With good service, delicious cuisine and a fabulous bay view from the terrace restaurant we can make it a memorable evening.

Afternoon tea and cake has been a big hit this year, a chance to chat with other guests, a real ice breaker (and home made cake!)

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have not even left the hotel yet but I I wanted to express my enthusiasm for this hotel . I cannot re come d this highly enough the location was great and the hotel fantastic , although our room was not initially In the system Diane handled it with the utmost efficiency not only was I upgrade to a superior room for the last two nights myself and my parents were upgraded to jacuzzi suites!!! The staff in general were amazing very attentive and friendly the breakfast was a great selection and I thought that the manager Diane a having such a. Active presence was lovely touch !!!!! I work In hotels myself and it is very rare the manager is around !!! All in all a v memorable stay and I hope to be back next year or at least In the foreseeable future thank you all for Icing my holiday cake :)

• Stayed September 2013
Diane1706, Manager at Rhapsody Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Hello Anika, how sweet that you wrote your appreciation for all the staff and our lovely hotel whilst still here! I know you, Sue and Jonathon didn`t want to leave us but there is always next year to start planning for. I hope our chat about life and work in Turkey was helpful. Good luck with your future hotel career, wherever you find yourself.