“As good as we remembered....”
Review of Rhapsody Hotel

Rhapsody Hotel
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Kalkan
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Have just returned from another lovely holiday at the Rhapsody hotel. From initial booking to departure nothing is too much trouble for Diane and her friendly team, who are happy to meet any request. We stayed in the duplex suite which suited our party of three well but loved the newly refurbished rooms tha our friends stayed in. As last year the staff are polite, friendly yet unobtrusive. Everywhere is kept spotlessly clean and the hotel is in a great location, being a ten minute stroll into the town.
The afternoon tea and cake is a lovely touch and creates a talking point for guests around the pool - Cenks jokes are an added bonus!
Well done Rhapsody for being part of the Kalkan magic

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
diane s, Manager at Rhapsody Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Kath and family booked their holiday direct through the hotel. We arranged transfers from and to Dalaman airport and everything went smoothly. Holidays are so important when everyone leads such busy lives and we try to encourage our guests to relax right from Day 1. Thank you for your review and hope to see you and your friends next year.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just returned from a fantastic week with my family at the a Rhapsody hotel - what an absolute gem! Can't really fault anything and we just had a ball. Only a small hotel but full of character and heart - just fab.
Huge thanks to Diane and the team for making our stay so very lovely. And a special thank you to Cenk for organising our memorable boat trip and looking after us throughout our stay.
We will be back!

Room Tip: The newly appointed rooms in one wing are lovely with a more contemporary style and fittings.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maxdarg
diane s, Manager at Rhapsody Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hello to the Dargan family. As first timers to Kalkan I was pleased to be able to help you with various tips for restaurants, boat trips, tours etc and so pleased you enjoyed your holiday. The style of the new rooms with bereplicated through the older style rooms over the closed season, so I am (and I am sure the owner will be) delighted by your comments. Thank you

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We have just returned from spending another 2 weeks at the Rhapsody, We did not want to come home, our two weeks simply flew by. We were lucky enough to stay in one of the Honeymoon Suites . The room was modern and spacious with a patio on the roof which has a Jacuzzi and the most wonderful views of the bay. Diane and her team cannot do enough for you, everyone is friendly and professional. Afternoon tea was preceeded every day (around 4.30pm) by Cenk telling a little story or joke, they were awful but charming and witty and got everyone socialising together. The hotel is ideally situated less then 10 minutes stroll from the centre of Kalkan which has lots of lovely restaurants. This hotel has a charm about it that is very unique. Well Done to all of the hard working staff. See you next year...Cant wait.

Room Tip: Room 1505 honeymoon Jacuzzi suite modern bathroom, flat screen TV, Sunny rooftop patio with Jacuzzi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Jeff & Bex. İt`s always a pleasure to welcome back returning guests to Rhapsody and I am so happy you were pleased with room 1505. I cannot help but agree that the hotel has that extra something special this year, helped along by Cenks dreadful jokes! I already have reservations for next year and those waiting for a last minute holiday with us this year may soon find themselves disappointed as we are already (mostly) sold out in September. Thank you once again

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have just returned from a week at the Rhapsody and had a great time. This is a small friendly hotel that has a fantastic feel developed by Diane and her team who can't do enough to help with your stay. We had a nice premium double room with views over the sea which was modern, clean and comfortable. The pool and bar area was busy but sun loungers were always available and Michelle particularly enjoyed tea and cake time!! The only criticism would be having slightly more variety at breakfast but this is a small thing that shouldn't effect you choosing this lovely little gem.

The hotel location is very good with a short 10 minute walk into the town (restaurants) and to Yali beach club which is well worth a visit.

Wasn't sure about what to expect from kalkan but both the hotel and resort exceeded expectations, so much so we are looking to return next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
diane s, Manager at Rhapsody Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you Martin for your kind words and so happy you and Michelle enjoyed your time with us. The new Premium rooms are proving very popular this year as we hoped they would. Lots of guests enjoy the modern style, lots of wardrobe space and large comfortable beds. Afternoon tea is as popular ever with guests returning from a day out especially for it. I often ask guests what more they would like to see at the breakfast buffet, and have introduced fried mushrooms, Turkish menemen and cooked tomatoes to the selection every so often. Thank you again.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My boyfriend & I have just returned home from a wonderful weeks stay at the Rhapsody. We booked last minute, and I really do mean last minute – only 48 hours before (!) through Anatolian Sky.

We were looking for a complete break from work and studying, somewhere we could completely switch off and take advantage of some old fashioned hospitality. I have been travelling to different parts of Turkey for almost 20 years, it is a wonderful country and I love the warm hospitable nature of the Turkish people.

This holiday was such a refreshing change for us; it was exactly what we were wishing for! Simply put this was a haven of peace and relaxation. We will be back.

The Rhapsody Hotel is gorgeous, stylish and well maintained. The service of all members of staff cannot be faulted, all the team are friendly, polite and always willing to go the extra mile (whether that’s a frozen towel when you’ve burned your shoulders, complimentary snacks when watching the world cup or just remembering how you like your G&T) - from the moment we arrived, we were made to feel very welcome. Special thanks goes to Diane, Jenk and Mehmet.

We had a beautiful room overlooking the pool, which looks right across Kalkan’s harbour. From the balcony we also had beautiful views of the vast forests and mountains around. The room is split level which was a lovely change, equipped with a large bed, plenty of wardrobe space for our clothes and for our toiletries in the ensuite bathroom, sofa, TV, minibar, hairdryer (which was a good hotel hairdryer) and as I said before a balcony. Very efficient air conditioning is also supplied.

Everything was kept to a stylish, high standard – the housekeeping staff are amazing, our room was so clean that I could have eaten my dinner off the floor. The ladies seemed incredibly hard working. Lovely fresh fluffy towels too. Just a small point the hotel operates a responsible, environmental policy with the towels which we especially liked as they do not need to be changed every day.

At breakfast there was something for everyone’s tastes, fruit, yoghurts, cheeses and fabulously cooked poached eggs. A proper traditional Turkish breakfast banquet!

The serving of tea and cake was a wonderful idea too and provided ample opportunity to get to know the other guests & of course have girly chats with Diane! All the staff, but particularly Diane are very knowledgeable about the local area and always on hand to provide advice about what to see and do, where to eat, even where to get the best Turkish shave!

Kalkan itself is well placed if you wish to hire a car Fethiye is only a short way away. Personally, we stuck to the beach – we especially liked the ‘pink’ beach, walking along miles of sandy beach with nobody else around, we could have been on a deserted island. We also spent the day with another couple, whom we became very friendly with at the Kalkan beach club which is a much busier than the pink beach but provides plenty to do, including scuba diving and a trampoline in the sea.

The town is preserved nicely, lots of cobbled streets, full of unique little boutique shops. Plenty of wonderful restaurants, both traditional and more modern. We liked that we could walk around the harbour and grab a drink at the bars there.

All in all, a wonderful holiday. Once again thank you to all the staff who made it so special.

1  Thank c_e_ashley1989

Hello Chloe and Jason. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and we are all delighted you enjoyed your weeks holiday with us. I hope you enjoyed your birthday celebrations Jason. İt would be lovely to see you both again and good luck in your studies.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We spent 10 days at the Rhapsody at the end of June. This was our eighth visit to Kalkan and our second to the Rhapsody. This was probably our best Turkish holiday ever out of 13 visits. This was due to Diane and her team who make you feel so welcome and cannot do enough for you. We were in a standard room which we understand will be refurbished over the coming winter.
Even though the bathroom needed modernising, it and our room were spotless, as indeed was the entire hotel. The view from the hotel is wonderful and it is only 10 minutes walk from town so we didn't need a taxi at all. Needless to say we love Kalkan with its many great restaurants. Our only problem is that it will be 2015 before we can return to the Rhapsody!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
diane s, Manager at Rhapsody Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hello Ann
Reading your review brought a little tingle to me as it is so wonderful to know that I and the wonderful team here have helped make your stay with us so successful. Our doors will be open to you anytime and I look forward to welcoming you once again in 2015. Stay in touch and I will do my best to ensure next year is even better!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have just returned home from a one-week stay at the Rhapsody Hotel (which I organised last minute through Anatolian Sky 48 hours before departure) and have to say that it was one of the best holidays I have ever had.

Rhapsody Hotel is beautiful, stylish and well-maintained. The service of the staff cannot be faulted. From the moment you arrive, you are made to feel welcome. This was greatly appreciated by me as I was travelling solo and had spent hours beforehand researching Turkish destinations and hotels to ensure I was going to a nice place where I would feel safe. Choosing to stay in Kalkan at Rhapsody Hotel was a decision well-made and I did not at any time feel awkward or unwelcome. Every member of staff I encountered was friendly, polite and willing to assist at any time.

I was given a lovely spacious room which overlooked the pool area and had a great view of the Kalkan landscape, and it was equipped with an ensuite bathroom, sofa, TV, minibar, hairdryer and small balcony. Air conditioning was also supplied.
The hotel is in a good location, being only a short walk to the harbour and centre of Kalkan. It is moderately sized, only 29 rooms, which gives it a nice cosy feel where all the guests can get to know each other in a comfortable environment. Indeed, every afternoon from 4.30pm, complimentary tea and cake was served to all guests in the pool area and this became a great opportunity to socialise which no-one wanted to miss out on, least of all me! ‘Teatime’ does not usually take place on Thursdays as the hotel has to prepare for ‘Turkish Night’ (expansive food buffet followed by dance entertainment with audience participation – worth attending) but due to the imploring pleas of myself and other guests, the staff made an exception and one of them zoomed down to the shops on a moped to obtain chocolate biscuits which were gratefully received and eaten by all. This is a perfect example of the attentiveness delivered to guests by the staff at Rhapsody Hotel.

I also liked the fact that there were only adult guests across a wide spectrum of ages during my stay; I am not sure whether the hotel has an adult-only policy but that seemed to be the case and it was a definite plus point.

There was a good selection of foods at breakfast time which included cereal, bread, hot items (e.g. scrambled/poached eggs, fried mushrooms), cold meats and cheeses, and fresh fruit. Hot and cold drinks were also available.
I ordered food at lunchtime on a couple of occasions to enjoy on the outside tables by the pool and was perfectly happy with the quality and taste.

I really do not have anything negative to say about the hotel. As my first ever trip to Turkey, it was a fantastic experience. I would definitely return to Kalkan and, even more so, to Rhapsody Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Fiona_O_30

Hello Fiona, I try to pick out something different to comment about in each review.

As a solo lady traveller I must mention how safe it is for you and ladies who want to travel alone. both here at the hotel, where I am sure you were looked after and in the resort of Kalkan. I know you made friends whilst here and that`s as much a part of a succesful holiday as the accommodation you choose.

I am sure your last minute decision to come to Rhapsody and Kalkan was a great one!