“Fantastic friendly just brilliant.”
Review of Lizo Hotel

Lizo Hotel
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Kalkan
lancashire england
“Fantastic friendly just brilliant.”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Been before and it just gets better,the food cooked by Mehmet has wonderful flavours,any changes you require to the menu he is so helpful. Ali an Sarah make a great team and have wonderful staff each an everyone of them and thanks to Victoria for her help. The views from the roof terrace are the wonderful . Very very clean, yes its 2 star but it comes with a 5 star welcome and atmosphere. Great BBQ nights so cannot wait to get back in September . Just brilliant

Room Tip: New building has slightly bigger room's
1 Thank ste1256

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
Perpignan
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We just spent a most enjoyable two weeks at the Lizo. This was excellent value for a budget hotel. Ali & his English wife Sarah, were very welcoming & attentive, organising trips & car hire very efficiently. We enjoyed the rooftop terrace & found the food very good. We would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: Request a room in one of the two small new buuildings
1 Thank Martin S
leeds
Reviewed 18 June 2014

i know I will appear biased as I have reviwed the Lizo previously. I have had a gap between my last vist of a few years.I mistakenly stayed at another hotel..enough said. Now this was a cheeky week away........and........Oh how I have missed Kalkan...but was was I doing staying anywhere else but the Lizo. Fantastic staff, good food, fantastic hosts. First day at breakfast I looked out over the bay of Kalkan....big sigh, it felt like I had just come home. I will always recommend the Lizo as a place to stay, you will always make new friends at this hotel, people may want to keep to them selves, but their barriers are broken down. You just cant help yourself. Dont be a snob and think only 4* will do, you will miss out on a lot of fun, go to Ali and Sarah's themed nights, they are good value, excellent quality. I was really pleased to find they still have an honestly tab, for round the pool. If you go dont abuse it, be honest write down everything you have from the fridge, its an old fashioned touch and it would be a shame to lose it. The pool is clean, the rooms are clean, the sun beds are comfy. The walk up and down the hilly parts of Kalkan , meant I didnt put on too much weight, though my husband swears, he was 6ft when he first go there and that I walked the legs off him. If you are worried by the hills, the Kalkan taxis are reasonable. Please go to the Lizo if you are contemplating Kalkan, but dont all rush at once, there is still a sunbed with my name on it.

Room Tip: Newer block, get views of Kalkan, older block has rustic charm.
4 Thank yarramaz
Cockermouth, Cumbria
Reviewed 9 June 2014

...from the moment that we arrived at the gates of Lizo and were greeted as if we were long-lost friends by Ali and Kasim.

This was our second holiday at Lizo (we were there in September 2013 too - see my other review - I won't repeat myself here).

There's something about Lizo that seems to make you feel special (and one of the family) - then you're drawn in by its magical spell. As I said in my previous review, Lizo is very small and simple (please don't expect five stars), it is extremely clean and the Ay family (now joined by baby Keleb) are stunning hosts. Ali always wears an enormous smile and is the life and soul of the top terrace. Sarah (Ali's wife) is charming and attentive. Mehmet (Ali's dad) is a superb chef... and little Kaleb is a joy! Add Kasim, his new wife and Gul, then you've got a top team!

The food in the hotel is every bit as good as the restaurants in town; there's a full a-la-carte menu and Ali also hosts several "themed" nights throughout the week. Our last night was "barbecue night" - it was a truly wonderful end to a fantastic holiday.

Fantastic holiday? It sure was.... so good, we've already booked to return at the end of August.

Room Tip: All have their own charm - but an upgrade is available (larger rooms, double-glazing, etc.) for a r...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GDF_Cumbria
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Lizo Hotel is situated in the ‘suburbs’ of Kalkan (West side) in a nice and quiet neighbourhood right on the route of the Lycian Way. It’s a small family-run place with a swimming pool and rooftop terrace restaurant. The family that runs the place makes you feel welcome at once, the owner speaks good English, and they have experience with cooking for special diets/allergies. The room was nice, had a comfortable bed and good airconditioning (we paid ~30 euros for a double incl breakfast). Breakfast is included, dinner is optional but very recommended; the food was just amazing! Also, lunch packages are an option (sandwiches are standard, but we got some chickpea rolls and savoury pastries - delicious..). Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hvewijk
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Though not staying at the Lizo Hotel we ate in the restaurant a couple of times. Kalkan has so many great places to eat that going twice anywhere says much.

Great value as up the hill of Kalkan Road away from the significantly more expensive harbour restaurants. Being up the hill of course means great views from the terrace restaurant over the bay and twinkling lights of a Kalkan.

Delicious Turkish menu, cooked to perfection in this family run restaurant. We recommend any of the 'special' menus over the week.

Our return however was down to Ali - his welcome and interest we felt was very genuine and made for two great evenings. We know of course that Ali and Sarah have a business to run and guests are their living but Ali's happy nature costs nothing and creates a great ambiance. We could see why guests would return to Lizo Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank DeeGeeEmm
Stony Stratford
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have just returned from another fabulous stay at Lizo. Ali and Sarah make your Stay so personal you feel you are staying with family not just a guest. Breakfast is adequate but the restaurant has a varied menu and I have enjoyed every meal. Looking forward to next visit.

Room Tip: I had a room in the new block but I think they are all at an excellent standard
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends