“Wonderful Staff”

and 1 more site!
Asfiya Hotel
Ranked #28 of 40 Hotels in Kalkan
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was our first visit to Kalkan (and Turkey), we stayed in the hotel for 10 days at the end of June. Our room was a good size with a nice balcony that had a sea view. The breakfast buffet and lunch menu both had a great variety and the food was very nice. Friday they have complimentary tea and cake in the afternoon - the cake was homemade and absolutely amazing! The pool area was very relaxing - comfy sunbeds, large cool pool and Jacuzzi. What really made this hotel excellent were the staff, they were very attentive to our every need but so friendly and welcoming which created a lovely atmosphere. They truly made our holiday one to remember.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've now stayed at this hotel at least 6 times & each time was the year after the last! I always go back as I love it so much. In fact, I just love going to Kalkan! It's such a lovely resort!

The Asfiya must be a really lovely place to work as they keep their staff year after year. Adem & Mehmet behind the bar & Multu & Ahmed who work the restaurant are all such good fun & always give such good service. We missed Muharrem this year as he was doing his National Service, but I'm hoping he'll catch up with my sister when she goes in July.

This year did see a change in management, with a new hotel manager called Sukran,(this probably isn't the correct spelling) who went out of her way to make sure that all her guests were happy & well looked after.

We understand that next year, this hotel may be converted into part apartments & part hotel? I just hope that it doesn't change too much....!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Penny R
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My partner & I have just returned from a week at this hotel. The staff are amazing, so friendly, efficient & helpful. Breakfast was delicious, the hot choice was a bit dubious some days, but the fruit was delicious & plentiful!

The whole hotel is spotlessly clean throughout & we frequently had towel art in our room. I also really liked the fact that our bathroom did not have a bath, just a walk in shower cubicle.

The pool & the pool area was lovely. We didn't try the beach resort thing, I walked down there 1 afternoon & we decided the 20 minute trek back was not worth it!!

A couple of minor points & 1 fairly major point reduced my rating from a 5 to a 4. It was annoying that the hotel offered breakfast (obviously) & a lunch menu but no evening meal. Believe me there is plenty of choice of places to eat in Kalkan, but. It would have been nice to have the option of not trekking down the hill!! It is also annoying that the safe deposit boxes are behind the reception desk rather than in your room, at least they do not charge for it. The main thing though was that I personally found it difficult to sleep as the bed was rock hard & I did hear someone else make the same complaint!! What made this more perverse was that the sun beds around the pool were the most comfortable we have ever come across!!

Those points aside, I would still not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen P
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We opted for the new Asfiya Seaview Hotel for this trip, but we regretted it. Although the new hotel will be lovely it's got a little way to go at the moment. The new hotel lacked atmosphere, and at the time the restaurant/kitchen was a work in progress so we walked along to see old friends at the Asfiya, here we were welcomed with open arms, invited to take breakfast there, use the facilities and generally make ourselves at home. What wonderful service from our friends at the Asfiya. Thank you all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Myself and my partner and our little girl (2) have recently returned from here. We stayed for ten days at the end of May and right from the very beginning we fell into the wonderfully warm and relaxing atmosphere of the Asfiya Hotel. As previous reviewers have said the staff really do go out of their way to make your holiday special - nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast (which is absolutely lovely by the way - fresh scrambled eggs are a must - the best we've ever had) is a very social occasion with the fantastic manageress Shukran chatting with the guests making you feel so much at home.
The pool and bar area are particularly lovely and you can easily while away the whole day relaxing around the pool in the beautiful surroundings. Our accommodation was also great - we paid extra to stay in one of the larger rooms and we wasn't disappointed - it was spacious, cool and comfortable - would definitely recommend upgrading if you can.
In short we really cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, we had such a good time and are planning on going back next year if not this. We would be so disappointed if this hotel was redeveloped - we are hoping to return many times over the coming years and will be telling all our friends about it. If anyone is thinking about booking this hotel - just do it while you can - you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Julie T
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Before starting this review I read the two recent reviews by PeterDickenson and epevans2. What can I add I ask myself because I agree with their every word. We have stayed in hotels all over the world but never have we come across such fantastic staff managed by Shukran. It was a joy to see her at breakfast every morning doing her rounds and we are convinced she is capable of bringing sunshine to the dullest of days.(not that we had any dull days!) We so enjoyed our stay we hope to return in October. We understand this hotel may be turned into apartments and the new build "the Asifya Sea View" is its intended replacement. If they transfer the staff then I would try it because without doubt it was this team that made it for us. I hope this review does not result in us being unable to find a room in October !!!

Room Tip: You clearly go by price getting what you pay for !