“I think I found paradise!”
Review of Asfiya Hotel

Asfiya Hotel
Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Kalkan
Stafford
“I think I found paradise!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Our first visit to Turkey - which won't be our last - as other reviewers have said it's the fantastic welcoming wonderful staff who make this hotel brilliant - I really can't praise them enough - I was so sad to leave - we came as strangers and left as friends - thank you so much I can't wait to visit again x x

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Staff are good and helpful and are well trained by Shukran, the manageress, which makes the Asfiya a fun and welcoming place to stay. Adem looked after me at the bar and the Reception staff were especially helpful when I thought I had been overcharged in town. My sincere thanks.
Situated just far enough out of town to be a pleasant walk to and fro, we really enjoyed a peaceful week here after the hustle of Istanbul.
The few minor problems we encountered when we checked in late in the evening, were quickly and efficiently sorted and we appreciated the attentive but not intrusive care we received. Breakfast is good, the choice, extensive and the freshly made omelettes were perfect. We particularly enjoyed sitting over the pool on the covered deck but even at 9am needed to stay in the shade, it was so hot.
Our room, untypically, had no view at all. Apart from that, it was fine and cleaned extremely well, daily. A huge bed, with a hard but comfortable mattress contributed to restfull nights. The airconditioning unit was placed right above our heads and we had to be shown how to direct it away from us before we could get to sleep!
The pool area is charming and on a couple of days most of the loungers were occupied or at least had towels placed on them. On the other days we were spoilt for choice as residents ventured off site.
The excellent variety of restaurants in town are a stroll away and we wished we had longer to sample more.
Do try the hotel's own Hamam (Leon is very persuasive), it is a great experience but go before you get too sunburned as the scouring will smart!
I think it was the company of friendly guests and lively, happy staff contributing to this being a smashing place to stay.

Room Tip: The more you pay, the better the room, but they are all good. No TV.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tedioustommo
Bishops Stortford
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Manageress and staff make this hotel what it is.They are friendly,efficient and nothing is too much trouble.The breakfast is excellent and caters for all tastes and the lunches are very good although not the cheapest.The swimming pool is a good size with plenty of loungers & shades.The lack of an evening restaurant is no problem as there are plenty of good restaurants within a 10 minute walk.The main town is only an easy 15 minute stroll although a bit longer coming back as it is uphill.Ground floor suite was very good size with efficient air conditioning.All public areas are kept clean as are the bedrooms.The hotel needs a bit of an update which is the only reason for it not being excellent

Room Tip: suites are a good size but standard rooms seemed quite small,no problem with ground floor rooms as h...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James L
england
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We booked this as a last minute so I think we had the last room. The only gripe was that the room was a little tired looking. Even so it was a ground floor suite onto the road BUT it was quiet at night. The hotel has a lovely pool with private areas to sunbathe. There is also an agreement with the Yali Beach club which is a great place to go for the day. The breakfast at the hotel is very good. We only had lunch there once which was a nice salad. There are free safes behind the reception. Air conditioning in the rooms. The position of the hotel would not be good for the unfit a bit of a walk from town...about 20 minutes. It was fine for us.The staff are outstanding and I mean that . They are all so attentive and very willing to help in any way.

Room Tip: If I was going again I would ask for a room away from the road and pool....a room near the pool may...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loulou089
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was our first visit to Kalkan (and Turkey), we stayed in the hotel for 10 days at the end of June. Our room was a good size with a nice balcony that had a sea view. The breakfast buffet and lunch menu both had a great variety and the food was very nice. Friday they have complimentary tea and cake in the afternoon - the cake was homemade and absolutely amazing! The pool area was very relaxing - comfy sunbeds, large cool pool and Jacuzzi. What really made this hotel excellent were the staff, they were very attentive to our every need but so friendly and welcoming which created a lovely atmosphere. They truly made our holiday one to remember.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Twickenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've now stayed at this hotel at least 6 times & each time was the year after the last! I always go back as I love it so much. In fact, I just love going to Kalkan! It's such a lovely resort!

The Asfiya must be a really lovely place to work as they keep their staff year after year. Adem & Mehmet behind the bar & Multu & Ahmed who work the restaurant are all such good fun & always give such good service. We missed Muharrem this year as he was doing his National Service, but I'm hoping he'll catch up with my sister when she goes in July.

This year did see a change in management, with a new hotel manager called Sukran,(this probably isn't the correct spelling) who went out of her way to make sure that all her guests were happy & well looked after.

We understand that next year, this hotel may be converted into part apartments & part hotel? I just hope that it doesn't change too much....!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Penny R
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My partner & I have just returned from a week at this hotel. The staff are amazing, so friendly, efficient & helpful. Breakfast was delicious, the hot choice was a bit dubious some days, but the fruit was delicious & plentiful!

The whole hotel is spotlessly clean throughout & we frequently had towel art in our room. I also really liked the fact that our bathroom did not have a bath, just a walk in shower cubicle.

The pool & the pool area was lovely. We didn't try the beach resort thing, I walked down there 1 afternoon & we decided the 20 minute trek back was not worth it!!

A couple of minor points & 1 fairly major point reduced my rating from a 5 to a 4. It was annoying that the hotel offered breakfast (obviously) & a lunch menu but no evening meal. Believe me there is plenty of choice of places to eat in Kalkan, but. It would have been nice to have the option of not trekking down the hill!! It is also annoying that the safe deposit boxes are behind the reception desk rather than in your room, at least they do not charge for it. The main thing though was that I personally found it difficult to sleep as the bed was rock hard & I did hear someone else make the same complaint!! What made this more perverse was that the sun beds around the pool were the most comfortable we have ever come across!!

Those points aside, I would still not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple