“A Winner!”

Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Kas
Southport, United Kingdom
“A Winner!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We have been back to Kas 5 times and always stay at this Guest House. We normally always check other Pansyions for price and comparison but, we are so happy to stay with the owner Adnan and his family, that we just come straight here. They make us feel so welcome...like old friends. The rooms are clean and tidy and the breakfast terrace is wonderful in the morning sun. The buffet breakfast is generous. The location is perfect: quiet yet central to everything in Kas. This is our Base Camp when we return from trekking in the mountains above Gombe vilage.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have a lovely balcony overlooking the orchard garden.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dave P

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This was an adequate stay - good value for money - very central location. The owner went out of his way to help us (eg, with advice, laundry services, even courier ing our bags on a scooter to the bus stop (which is a 5 min walk away!). Comfortable rooftop relaxing area. I will reiterate the point that it is good value for money and recommended.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rfang77
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We loved Kas and we loved this pension. We arrived at night but in the morning we learned that our room on the 1st floor had a balcony into a yard filled with fruit trees - heaven! And off the balcony a clothes line - very helpful for grubby travellers! The best thing about the pension though was the lovely rooftop terrace. Great place for a meal or just to hang out. Rooms are comfortable and clean, breakfast varied and tasty, staff helpful and kind.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlooking the yard are best - quiet and with a nice view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Sucre, Bolivia
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

The owners are very friendly and helpful, the breakfast above expectations, the rooms clean and a lot of effort has been put into place all throughout Eltem Pension. The rooftop area invites to relax and mingle. All at a very reasonable price.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely family run pansion. The pansion is in a tranquil backstreet off the main street. Rooms are immaculate, and thete is always hot water for the shower.Adnan the proprietor is just a lovely guy - where else in the world, if you checked out and left behind a bottle of water would the owner get on his moped and find you 100m up the street to return it?
Finding a pansion like this makes me feel like I have a charmed life. Çidem his wife prepares a breakfadt for champions; no worries about getting your 7-a-day here... and cake!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed here a few night at the end of October. Nice & clean rooms for a good price. Good breakfast with enough variety and very kind, warm & helpfull people! I would definitely go back there next time!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Perihan1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

In an effort to add to all of the compliments to this place (good breakfast, excellent location, welcoming hosts - all true) I'd alike to add my personal experience of the Meltem pension.

I was walking the Lycian way this October and decided to stop off in Kas as I'd heard good things about the town. On arrival to Kas (in the middle of Bayram festival) I was told all rooms were booked in the town. I'd not planned ahead or booked and Meltam was the third place I tried. I arrived at 2000, to be told there were no rooms.

Then the owner Adnan said that if I wanted to I could sleep on the roof terrace. Without this offer I'm sure I would have been homeless - he didn't strike me as trying to cram me in, just to help me out. I woke up next day to the most incredible view and found that all the fun that can be had in Kas was on my doorstep.

I liked my "room" so much I decided to stay a second night, and when returning to my bed the next evening for a quick change, I was invited to join the family and friends for a meal. Without charge (I did try) they fed me more bbq'd lamb than I've ever eaten, and I sat there as friends (a mixture of other pension owners, guys who worked on boats and others) came and went, laughed. I stayed up later that night than any on my whole trip and can safely say it was the highlight of my trip. I don't speak a word of Turkish so didn't follow all the conversation but what struck me was how they stopped and made an effort to explain the funniest jokes and generally didnt forget about me, while carrying on with having a good time.

I understand this is unusual in the sense that my circumstances cannot necessarily be easily repeated but to me its illustrative of people who want to meet and look after others, which is essential to any place I stay.

As such, I can't comment on the rooms or the value of them, but the hospitality I found there was second to none in the whole of what was an extraordinarily welcoming area of Turkey.
Thanks again for a truely memorable stay. When I return to Kas (solo, with friends or family), its nice to know exactly where I'll be staying.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo