Review Highlights
Wonderful Experience

A great experience from a very relaxed and inspiring instructor. Very calmly explained the technics... read more

Reviewed 6 June 2016
Kathryn B
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Amazing Dive Experience

Altug and Belma are simply amazing. Belma got everything setup up for us in advance, including... read more

Reviewed 14 November 2015
David G
Madison, Wisconsin

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Belma organised our transfers to and from Dalaman airport and advised on where to stay. We did 3 days diving with Altug, and had a great time. May 2014 was a quiet time so we had Altug as our own personal guide.The visibility was good, and we saw ship wrecks, amphora and a sunken Dakota plane.The water temperature was colder than we had expected, but not unbearably so. Next time, we will go later on in the year.
Thank you to both Belma and Altug. (Belma does a great apple crumble at their cafe Deco-Stop!)

Date of experience: May 2014
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I emailed a few diving centers and was impressed with the thorough response I got from Belma. She arranged my transfer to and from Antalya to my hotel in Kas and for three days of diving. Everything happened as planned and I agree with the review by ruecharlot -- very nice people to dive with (Altug said, "Mediterranean" by which he meant laid back and not in a rush, which was fine by me). They are certified to dive with special needs divers and this is shown in their patience in dealing with their customers. I got the impression that they would do anything to help you with your dive, but it was not done in an overly protective way which can happen at some dive centers. I hope this sounds like high praise which is how I intend it. The dive boat was shared with another dive center. Some days the boat left the harbor at 10 am and came back for lunch, while others you can have lunch on the boat (very good lunch). Bring a book and chill out or snorkel in the clear water between dives. It was a very enjoyable time -- highly recommended.

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Ruecharlot's review says it all about the experience with Kaş Exolorers, and my thanks for articulating all the emotions we experienced but were unable to convey as professionally. It is so refreshing to dive with Belma and Altug who clearly love diving as much as novices like us do!, which sets the ultimate atmosphere for learning should you want to develop your skills further.

I have to echo the point too that there is a welcome absence of "Captain Super Ego Diver" that allows you to enjoy every moment in or out of the water.

Also in contrast to mainstream schools Kas Explorers provide you with1st class equipment. .. so so nice to have a BCD that doesn't leak. Makes a customer feel special!

Ask them about their cosy little bar terrace too... hidden in the harbour where you can watch the masts of the day trip boats sway in time with the blues and jazz

Date of experience: September 2013
1  Thank Nalnono
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Altug and Belma are super -- calm, sweet, friendly, kind, laidback, humble, helpful, patient, and most importantly, very professional. My wife and daughter earned their certification with Altug, and I did a refresher dive with Belma. Everyone was super pleased with the results. You can tell that they are mature seasoned pros, and their calm, even zen, and patient nature makes them ideal teachers. I would contrast them with the young instructors one often finds filling out the roster in bigger operations -- sometimes good, but sometimes brash, less patient, or with egos that get in the way. In short, you never know what you going to get. With Altug and Belma, it's a sure bet.

They were also very accommodating of our 8 year old son, who obviously can't dive, by allowing him on the boat at no charge. After my dives, I would take him out snorkeling with me, which made him a happy camper. The boat crew gave him gear and a life vest, again no big deal, no charge. It was a small thing, but it made our diving trip possible. He could have dreaded time on the boat -- hours being bored -- but instead he looked forward to being able to snorkel with Papa. Moreover, the sites we were on worked well for snorkeling. He even got to snorkel over a shallow wreck. I think it will be one of his favorite memories of his vacation.

Speaking of the boat, it is also important to mention that Altug and Belma use one of the biggest boats in Kas. You would think that a small independent outfit would suffer on this point, using a small zodiac or something. It was just the opposite. The boat was one of the largest dive boats I've been on, with ample room, toilets/changing rooms below deck, places to store your personal effects, and a large sun deck on top, half of which is covered so that you can be up there without roasting. Unlike the other large boat in Kas, where there are just mats on the floor and no seats, this one has bench seating with two simple tables, and scores of lounge chairs. The tables and seats were a big plus for us, giving us a place to read, have snacks, and entertain our boy as needed. Again, a small thing that made a big difference in our comfort. More importantly, despite it's size, the boat was not crowded, something you might find with a bigger operation. The crew were super nice and professional, and there was just a great laidback, quiet, no worries atmosphere. No big egos on this boat! Again, a big plus.

There are many dive operations in Kas, some quite large, but I recommend going with this couple instead. You will get more personalized service, be guaranteed and reassured that you are in the hands of seasoned pros, and you will also be on a big, comfortable, laidback boat. It's the best of all possible worlds.

p.s. Belma and Altug also now run a cafe right on the port -- the Deco-Stop Cafe (named after the diving activity, decompression stop). It's a sweet place, with a big shady terrace, decent music, good drinks, and good finger food. The fries were generous and perfect! I highly recommend it as a place to "decompress" after a day of diving. Plus, instead of being at some anonymous big cafe in town, you'll be helping support a couple of really nice people.

Date of experience: August 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

If you want to explore Kas, the Mountains, trakking or just have an exciting day climbing during mountain rivers and waterfalls, Kas Exploreres are the one to choose!!!!!

Date of experience: July 2013