“Perection - You have found the vacation you are...”
other travellers have booked this property
Front Deck Daily_or_Overnight Boat Trips
Gulet_Holiday_in_Kas
Master_Cabin_Gulet_Evita
Gulet_Charter_in_Turkey
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sethjay
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perection - You have found the vacation you are looking for!”
Reviewed 21 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

So much has been said about Captain Ergun and his boat trips, that I almost feel redundant making some of these comments. However, when you experience a truly excellent vacation, it’s important to record the experience so others do not need to stress over their boat and captain decision.

For people that don’t have the time to get through this whole review, I’ll post a spoiler now: Stop looking, you’ve found a winner, you won’t do better, it’s time to book with Captain Ergun!

Background: I am a very seasoned traveler. A Captain for one of the highest rated airlines in the world (think Asia) and I truly enjoy the finer things. That said, I appreciate value and a budget. But, my bottom line is SERVICE.

I spent an inordinate amount of time researching boat trips in Turkey. I stumbled across the idea a few years ago while touring the Turkish coast. When I saw the gullets lined up in port, it became a “bucket list” item. This holiday was designed around a multi-night boat trip through the warm and clear waters of southern Turkey. I knew I was looking for a private boat with captain and cook. What I didn’t realize was that I would stumble upon such an absolute gem. There are literally countless companies offering such trips, and each has similar itineraries and pricing. The controlling side of my brain didn’t want to leave the selection of the actual boat and crew to a large company. I wanted to know that I would spend my vacation time with someone whose priority was to make dreams come true. This is where Ergun comes in.

Captain Ergun, is the driving force of change for Turkish boat trips. If you see an amenity advertised in a competitor’s listing, it’s something that Ergun dreamed up first. Ergun over-delivers to the point that it’s comical. Whether it’s to seek out the calmest water or search for an afternoon breeze, to indulge your whim for local fresh bread or a night of dancing. He seems to never run out of energy or motivation. The brilliance of Captain Ergun is that every charter he runs is individualized for his guests. He has an uncanny ability to read you, what you want, and even what you have yet to think of.

I spent my four-nights on the motor sailer EVITA. She is a fully equipped boat with three cabins, all significantly larger then I had expected. The cabins all have an en suite bathroom with shower facility, air conditioning when necessary, and Wi-Fi Internet. Water skiing, tubing, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, and motorized snorkeling are a sampling of what is available when you aren’t simply relaxing and marveling at your good luck. Although you can find many of these amenities from other companies, what you can’t find is Ergun and his crew. The first mate Gem, and his wife, will become your new best friends. The three together are a powerhouse of service; yet melt away to invisible when it’s time for you to rest/nap/relax.

The food: This MUST be a separate paragraph, and is critical to your decision. Dietary restrictions? Ergun has you covered! Finicky eater? Ergun can handle that! Want to try a never-ending variety of the freshest Turkish dishes you’ve ever eaten? You are in the right place! Let me simply say, what happens in EVITA’s galley is nothing short of a miracle. I’ve literally written a cookbook of items I am trying to recreate at home after watching the preparation, and eating the meals, served aboard.

I could go on and on, but I’m specifically being vague on certain details. Partially because a little bit of the magic is being wowed by Captain Ergun’s hospitality. But also because I now know that it is Ergun’s goal to always improve. He regularly upgrades items on his boat, and even moves up to more modern vessels. He continues to innovate, and part of this review is likely outdated already because Ergun has imagined up another treat for guests that I didn’t even encounter. That is why so many of his guests come back year after year.

I want to leave you with this selfish endorsement. As an International Pilot, I am keenly aware of how many things there are to see in this world. Likewise, I have made it my mission to see as many wonders of the world as possible in my lifetime. I know I am lucky to be able to live this way. But part of this credo means that I must accept that time is short, and repeat adventures are rarely considered. Captain Ergun’s Turkey Boat Trip is the absolute exception. I cannot wait to repeat the adventure. Experience it all again for the first time, and be pampered and treated to another trip of a lifetime. I give this vacation the maximum number of stars available, and wholeheartedly suggest you make time to vacation with Ergun. You will not regret the choice.

Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Phillip A
Ireland
“Absolutely brilliant”
Reviewed 3 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

This was magnificent from start to finish.Captain Ergon and his crew couldn't do enough for us. The food, boat,cabins and the facilities available were first class. Little things never failed to amaze-I had a problem with chaffing -an ointment was produced solving the ailment. Captain Ergon is proud of what he offers and continues to have a vessel that is traditional with all the modern touches .

Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Leaving the boat!
Friends getaway Older travelers
Lana M
Somerset West, South Africa
“Don't cry for this Evita. She, her captain and crew are amazing!”
Reviewed 15 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

While our time on the Evita was not long (2 days, 1 night), it was all we could've possibly dreamed, and more. Captain Ergun and his crew were attentive, friendly, lovely people who catered to our every need. Meals were freshly prepared culinary feasts and the 'toys' on board such as stand up paddle board, water scooter and kayak helped us work up a healthy appetite. If you're looking for a magical few days sailing on the gorgeous waters of the Med, do consider the Evita. It's a real spoil and one you will remember forever.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The whole package
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Families with young children
Large groups
Jana M
Gardnerville, Nevada
“Best boat trip ever!”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

In May of 2012 I visited my daughter in Istanbul. I had heard from a friend about the lovely town of Kas Turkey. I was told that I must take a boat trip while in Turkey, but that I had to be careful of who I hired and that I must visit Kas. My daughter is quite the researcher. She found what she thought was the best value for the money, the safest trip, the best adventure, and the most highly reviewed on Trip Adviser (her go to site for value and truthful reviews). We went on Captain Ergun's boat for two nights and three days. We had a great, but safe adventure. The food was amazing, 5 star. We felt very spoiled, as we usually travel very frugally, but the cost of the trip was extremely fair for the value. We snorkeled, spear fished, climbed to the top of a mountain to see a castle, there were only 3 other people exploring the castle at the same time we were there. We stepped over turtles on the path down to the boat and came upon goat herders along the path. My only regret is that my other daughter and husband did not join us. It is a Mother's Day adventure that I will treasure forever.

Kitchen & utensils Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was a priceless adventure, very restorative because that's what we were looking for. They will give you whatever you want.
Liked least: Nothing, it was perfect.
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing