“Friendly Staff, Great Place to Stay”
Review of Ani Pension

Ani Pension
Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Kas
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We have been going to Kas for more then 15 years and we always choose ANI Motel. We are satisfied about everything in there. Owner of the motel Omer is a great guy, staff is very friendly, rooms are clean, prices are affordable, breakfast is very good. They try to do their best to make people happy during their vacation. Consider that there is no 5-star hotel tourism in KAS, so this motel easily meets your expectations. I suggest everybody to visit this motel and have fun as much as me.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Demiyojen

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I arrived on 7th of September and payed the 36 euro for the room and left next day. Later, I found out that the hotel had used my VISA card information from booking.com to charge me another 36 euro. I contacted them by e-mail (no responce), when I checked my bank 3-4 weeks later, then by telephone (they promised to look into it, which didn't happen) and then by e-mail again. They promised to look into it, but of course nothing happen still. Now (22 October) I have contacted my bank which I should have done in the first place. This has just not happened to me and I expected them to be decent folks that would sort out this kind of problem immediately.
Find somewhere else to sleep if you want this type of problems.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank SenecaGothenburg
Reviewed 9 October 2013

stayed for a full week and really enjoyed my stay. the dorm rooms beds were comfy, the view from the balcony was amazing and the breakfast each morning was great. the staff were also really helpful with planning any excursions such as kayaking or hiking. would definitely stay again and recommend it to all backpackers as your sure to meet others there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We have traveled all over Turkey and make about 5 trips a year to Kas. We have stayed in this pension before and it was alright, but this time was absolutely horrible.

We booked the room on hostelworld, and when we arrived the staff started yelling about how one of their people was supposed to take the listing down because they were only going to use booking.com in the future. The price difference between hostelworld and booking.com was approximately 10 lira (~6 USD). After acting like it was our fault, they took us to one of the tiny back rooms (there are two buildings, the rooms in the main one are nicer) that was probably 5m x 5m. The next morning we left, because hostelworld charges your card automatically, and the guy called us 15x yelling that he was going to call the police on us because he had closed his hostelworld account and couldn't get the money. He also sent us multiple emails and text messages also saying that he was going to call the police. Obviously we weren't there to cheat him. Needless to say, not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Anonymous768
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed in the dorm at Ani Pension with ky girlfriend for about 10 nights. The place was great! The free buffet breakfast was a sensational smorgesboard of yogurt, fruits, olives, cheeses, bread, egg, as well as French toast and cheese-filled sweet pastry rolls! There was a great American guy (Sean) working there who gave us a lot of tips of things to do and see. He also took us for trekking through a gorge in Kaş that finishes at a secluded beach. Good WiFi and free computer upstairs. We kept extending our stay, and Ömer always made sure there was room for us. We loved our stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank abrattoni
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed at Ani Motel for 3 nights in July 2013. I stayed in the dorm room (25 Turkish Lyras inc. breakfast) so I cannot comment on the private rooms but here are my thoughts for the dorm:

The location of the hotel is good, close to restaurants and harbour. The price is pretty much the same as what you pay in Turkey for a dorm bed (I never had to pay more than 25 TL or 30 TL except in Istanbul). The dorm is a 6 beds dorm and the beds are comfortables. However, the bathroom is just disgusting. There is mold on the walls and on the door... The room itself is not very clean. You can see that when the staff comes, its only to change the linens when someone leaves, they dont actually do stuff like sweep the floors and etc. So it smells a bit bad in the room (in the attached bathroom as well). I have seen worsts hostels than that before (ie in India and SouthEast Asia), but this was defenitely the worst I have seen in Turkey. I stayed there because I didnt felt like moving to another pension (I was only staying in Kas for 3 days. If I would have stayed longer like a week I would have moved.)

Another thing I didnt like (but this is only about the dorm - ıf you opt for a private room you go in the pension by a different way), to get to the dorm, you have to walk down a couple of stairs (whereas when you go to the rooms you enter by a door and then go upstairs) and the stairs were ALWAYS super wet (but it was not raining - I think there was something leaking or something) so it was super slippery when I had to go in the dorm room... I almost fell a couple of times... Not very safe!

A breakfast is included. Like most pensions its a typical Turkish breakfast... boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelon etc. You can also order some food (that you need to pay for) and drinks... I tried their banana smoothies and it was pretty good :).

Also one of staff offered me a ride on his moto to a beach that is about 1.5km from the hotel. I thought it was a nice attention, as it would have taken quite some time to walk there! They also came to pick me up after I was done at this beach.

There is a computer that you can use for free (it works really well!) and free wifi. Wifi doesnt work in the dorm though but it works everywhere else)

The only thing that annoyed me about the staff is that they smoked (cigarettes) A LOT in the common area (on the rooftop where there is a computer, tables, a little bar and breakfast in the morning). I know that Turkish people smoke way more than most tourists (ie me I am from Canada). But I thought it was way too much - like for instance I was serving myself some breakfas in the buffet and there is one of the staff literally NEXT to me smoking in my face and on my food... not nice! It was just always like that and all the staff was like that. I know Turkish people smoke a lot but in the other pensions in which I have stayed they were not smoking in the common areas!

Room Tip: I would not recommend the dorm! Seriously, the bathroom was just disgusting and the dorm room itself...