Ekici Hotel
US$140
US$127
US$67
US$63
Cappari Hotels Aquarius Hotel(Kas)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$89
Hotel Cachet(Kas)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$59
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed at the Ekici Hotel through ActivitiesAbroad, with whom we had booked a "Teen Family\Solo parent" holiday. The group consisted of 23 people, with teens ranging from 12 to 17 years old, and a mix of single & couple families. The acitivities and atmosphere provided by ActivitiesAbroad was excellent, we would definitely travel with them again. Their guides were very good, with excellent local knowledge.

The hotel provided a good meeting place, it was well located and the children loved the pool. Having read feedback on the hotel before traveling we knew that the rooms may not be equiv. to a 5star hotel, so our expectations were already set. They were clean and the bedding and towels were changed regularly, which made up for the lack of space. As we didn't spend very long in the rooms, the space didn't cause us any concerns. The breakfast was more or less the traditional continental breakfast of cheese (local), meat, bread & olives. You need to learn how to make the tea correctly!

Kas is a pretty town, that remains fairly unspoilt. There is a good choice of restaurants, and the locals are friendly. It felt very safe, to the extent that we let our teenagers roam around together in the evening.

Room Tip: We had a triple room, which consisted of a double bed and two singles. It was a good size for a family of 3.
1  Thank pottsdj
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed at the Ekici again this year in August with an activity holiday company. The improvement over last years poor service was evident and this was welcomed. The hotel has all the facilities you need and the breakfast buffet is fine. The location is great and our room was a good size with great air con. The reason why this is only an average score is that the decor is brown drab and tired. there are scuffs on the walls and carpets could do with cleaning or replacing. he other gripe is that thepool side bar was only opened when we were leaving and the Turkish holiday started.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

My family and I were booked into the hotel as part of an Adventure Week package. The hotel was clean, had very helpful staff and was a good choice. It was in an ideal position for the town, taking 5 mins to walk to the town square via the most pretty lane in Kas. Can't fault it.

3  Thank MrsP59
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Stayed here during an activity holiday in Kas and were very surprised/dismayed at the poor standard of accommodation. You could barely swing a cat in the room, as other reviewers have said, the curtains were hanging off the rail, net curtains were discoloured, the one piece of furniture, a dressing table/chest of drawers, had graffitti on it, wardrobe had a shelf in the middle so could not hang any clothes in it, basic shower flooded the bathroom so there was always a puddle of water on the floor, just as well we were out and about all the time! The room was never cleaned while we were there. The breakfast was just about adequate, with cereals, fresh bread, boiled eggs and feta cheese daily, sometimes melon. Anything else you had to pay for. We had water for 1 day then it disappeared. The staff all looked as if they wished they worked somewhere else. On the plus side, the water was hot, the bed very comfortable, clean (thin) towels delivered every day, and the pool was very pleasant. Maybe our expectations were too high, but would rate this as a basic backpacker-standard hotel which was not what we had considered we had paid for. Not helped by the fact that this was not the hotel included in our trip information, and we had not been notified that there had been a change! Location was excellent, bit of a steep hill but just minutes away from the centre of town and the sea. Kas was wonderful, though, we had a fantastic holiday and we will definitely be back, just not at this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank BeanCuig
EkiciHotel, Manager at Ekici Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2011

As the manager of Ekici Hotel I would like to address some of the issues raised by some of the reviewers from last year.

2010 was a difficult season for our hotel, with staffing problems causing service levels to be well below that which we strive to achieve.

We accept the criticism concerning service standards; we thank the reviewers for taking the time to share their valuable opinions, and apologize for any disappointment experienced.

This year we have a new staffing system in place and we are sure service standards will be greatly improved.

As a hotel in the centre of Kaş, our rooms are of a comparable size to all nearby hotels. Space in the centre of Kaş is at a premium. Perhaps the smaller rooms should be seen as a trade-off to easy walking distance to all local amenities, with most hotels that offer spacious rooms being a long walk or a taxi ride from the centre.

Reviewed 12 September 2010

When other people have used the word basic, I was not entirely sure what that conveyed so I will be explaining in greater detail what I mean by basic. I need to start by saying I would stay here again for the location.

I'll begin with the NEGATIVES:-
The rooms are incredibly small. If you research on the web and find the picture of the room where the TV is perched on the wooden surface and there is a double bed with two chairs and a table in the window area then trust me, that was NOT representative of the very small room we stayed in. I know people will say you get what you pay for but I have paid less for much bigger accommodation (but not in Kas). There were hardly any surfaces to put things on - there was just a very small dressing table with a mirror that required me to squat like a sumo wrestler to get a view of what I was wearing from the tummy upwards - no full length mirror even in the wardrobe door. There were no bedside tables, no chest of drawers, nothing but the fridge which had the TV perched on top of it and the dressing table. The wardrobe was wide enough but only had 5 hangers and longer garments got creased because it was only deep enough for shirts and shorter tops. These are only minor gripes though because it was the smallness of the room that was the problem. I have a feeling that there are corner rooms which are larger and I think these are the ones used in the photos. When we first arrived we just had a bottom sheet and some kind of white cotton blanket and no top sheet (and a top cover) - whilst I'm not fluent in Turkish I know enough to ask for extra sheets and left a note for the maids. his was addressed without a problem.

The other thing is that the hotel is situated is at the top of an incredible hill. I live in Sheffield and am used to hills but whichever way you approach, you have steep climb and I would not recommend to anyone who struggles with walking. Although I have fairly severe arthiritis however, I enjoyed the brisk exercise it provided but I give this information so people can get a realistic picture. I saw some people really struggling with the hills (worse than me).

POSITIVES
I think this hotel represents good value for money. Listening to others on the plane I think we were quite lucky with the breakfasts which consisted of the following:-

Mild feta type cheese, some kind of gouda/edam type cheese, 2 or 3 different kinds of olive, black olive paste, cucumber and tomato, flat leaf parsley, yoghurt, sultanas, tahini, some kind of thick prune syrup, sultanas, cornflakes, muesli, some kind of chocolate cornflakes UHT milk for the cornflakes (fresh milk is rare in Turkey because it goes off so quickly), that strange pink sausage which looks a bit like salami but tastes like luncheon meat, bread, strawberry jam, cherry jam, margarine, proper butter and honey. On a couple of days we also had melon. Fresh orange juice costs 4TL extra per glass which at the time we were there was about £1.72. Drinks that were included were coffee, Turkish tea, On the first two days there was water available but this seemed to disappear.

I refer to the previous contribution and agree that there never seemed to be anyone available to ask for a drink when we were around the pool so we simply went to Onal's Bufe round the corner and let that nice man have our trade but to be fair we only used the pool on 3 days. Without any disrespect to the hotel, my philosophy is that if they want my custom then staff should be provided and if not, then I will use my own initiative.

The rooms were kept very clean and were thoroughly cleaned every two days and fresh towels daily, the bedding was changed regularly too (and they gave us the two top sheets as well!).

LOCATION
If you leave the hotel by the front exit and turn left and left at Onal's Bufe and go down the steep hill it leads to the well photographed picture of the cobbled street (careful - its a bit slippy so wear sensible shoes) and bang in the centre of town and at the bottom of that cobbled street is the main square.

There are plenty of cashlines, plenty of restaurants and plenty of nice ice cream places too!

QUALITY OF SLEEP
I am a light sleeper and I slept very well at this hotel - the room might be small but the beds are very comfy. The air con is wonderful.

I have to say I prefer self catering but do think this hotel represented value for money.

We travelled with Jewel in the Crown